INmusic - Zagreb

gregory

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go but know a lot of people. It's like Sziget but way smaller and pretty much everyone has high opinion about it. Only problem is that it's cursed. It rained last 6-7 years in a row. It wouldn't rain for like 3 weeks and then it would rain during Inmusic and then it would stop and wouldn't rain for 3 more weeks :lol: 

For other bands, except one rock headliner and one whatever they can grab (this year headliners were Florence, PJ Harvey and Motorhead (Henry Rollins stepped in for them)) plus a lot of indie bands and some hc punk and metal acts and some of the best ex Yu acts. It's pretty chilled too. Don't know how much more Arcade Fire costs than Florence so don't know if undercard will suffer.

3 minutes ago, gregory said:

Thanks for the reply, I can get flights a weeks camping and the festival ticket for £130 so seriously considering going and checking out some of Croatia while I'm at it.

Croatia is wonderful...all the coast is very nice, you can find lots of quite and hidden beach, and eat very good and fresh fish :):) 

Oh yeah, Croatian coast is amazing, from Dubrovnik to the north and Opatija, Pula and that part (my favorite part of Croatia, went there for a full week last year to see David Gilmour. It's just so amazing) it's all so beautiful

Zagreb is boring and bland as fuck tho, you pretty much need 6 hours to see everything interesting :lol: 

Edited by Nicklord

I think I'll go to Inmusic, maybe only a day (cause I've planned to go to BKS so I think I'll back home on monday that is the same day inmusic starts). It's two hours driving from where I live and I think it could be a great start for festivals for my 2yr old child :D

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Oh yeah, Croatian coast is amazing, from Dubrovnik to the north and Opatija, Pula and that part (my favorite part of Croatia, went there for a full week last year to see David Gilmour. It's just so amazing) it's all so beautiful

Zagreb is boring and bland as fuck tho, you pretty much need 6 hours to see everything interesting :lol: 

The beer is cheap in Zagreb though at least, right..?

2 hours ago, gregory said:

The beer is cheap in Zagreb though at least, right..?

Half litre of beer is about 2,5€ everywhere..they have two or three croatian beers but you find evrywhere (also at Inmusic I read somewhere) the Ozujsko beer (not my favourite kind of beer at all but a decent and refreshing lager)

Edited by alan_ts

• 4 weeks later...

I'm definitely going there instead of Sziget for the first festival experience of my son.

I've some doubts/problems:

I'll be back on Monday in Italy (I'm at BKS in the weekend) and InMusic starts on Monday, so I'll be there on Tuesday: when will the daily tickets (or at least the day split) come out?

- is it a festival for children or is it wild?

- Last Question : Do you think is better to stay in camping or in the city considering I'll go with a little child?

Thanks in advance

:):):) 

Edited by alan_ts

• 4 weeks later...

Bought tickets and booked an apartment just outside the festival (20 min walking); my son is ready for his first festival :)

I've checked the dates and Alt-J will be on Tuesday according to their website, I hope Arcade Fire will be on Wednesday snce I'll miss Monday.

Can't get much better a live band than Arcade Fire for your sons first.

I've been researching this festival all weekend, looking at flying in to Pula and getting the bus to Zagreb, and then going from Zagreb to Budapest and up into Poland for Open'er. It's very tempting. 

6 minutes ago, gregory said:

Can't get much better a live band than Arcade Fire for your sons first.

I've been researching this festival all weekend, looking at flying in to Pula and getting the bus to Zagreb, and then going from Zagreb to Budapest and up into Poland for Open'er. It's very tempting. 

:):) 

For me it's easier, Zagreb is 2 hours driving from my city and then after InMusic we'll go on the coast for a little holiday.

I'll see surely Arcade Fire the previous weekend at Best Kept Secret but I would love see them twice in a few days.

Edited by alan_ts

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

It will for sure. Don't forget to check out local (from ex Yu countries) bands. You can find some nice stuff, just saw they announced Repetitor and they are really cool.

Will do, appreciate any tips once the lineup is out. :)

Any ideas for 3rd headliner? Killers? 

Don't think so. It will be something older, a bit smaller and probably a bit heavier than the Killers. Last year it was supposed to be Motorhead ( :( ) 2015 - Placebo, 2014 - Pixies, 2013 - Iggy Pop, 2012 - New Order, 2011 - Cypress Hill... They still don't have one act like that in this year. 

22 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Don't think so. It will be something older, a bit smaller and probably a bit heavier than the Killers. Last year it was supposed to be Motorhead ( :( ) 2015 - Placebo, 2014 - Pixies, 2013 - Iggy Pop, 2012 - New Order, 2011 - Cypress Hill... They still don't have one act like that in this year. 

Prophets of Rage maybe? SOAD are too big I guess, but no Croatia date so far (ever), and free-ish around INmusic...

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

Prophets of Rage maybe? SOAD are too big I guess, but no Croatia date so far (ever), and free-ish around INmusic...

Prophets of Rage are playing 5 days after the festival in Zagreb. SOAD is probably too big now cause they have Arcade Fire as their selling point and THE band of the line up, maybe next year. I'm looking at other line ups and actually have no idea who it even might be, maybe Deftones but they never really had big following here. I'm clueless :lol: 

I bought tickets too and booked an apartment just outside the festival site.

Seeing on Alt-J website it seems that they'll play on Tuesday, so I hope AF will be on Wednesday since I'll miss the first day.

However I hope for some good (and chill) names.