2017 headliner guesses

smogo

2 hours ago, Hawky said:

Aye, I saw that (tweeted it to me ha).

My only fear is, if there is really 16 stages (Or whatever that map said) the headliners may suffer to make more room, in terms of budget, for the undercard. Thoughts?

That's actually at least 5 fewer stages than Bestival circa 2012-13.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they need to pull something out sooner rather than later. There might be Facebook activity from them, but there is also some coming from displeased ticket holders/previous attendees. 

Also as some other people on there have pointed out, the new logo has a De La Soul familiarity to it. Expecting them to pop up on the lineup. 

Edited by The60ftOctopus

Would love a great announcement. I'm meant to be leaving the country at the end of the summer with my other half to go live in New Zealand for a bit then travel around other places. Would be very nice to be able to delay our departure until after bestival for a big farewell party with mates. 

1 hour ago, Hawky said:

Cheers.

Only just recently joined the thread, must've skipped it or something!

21 minutes ago, jakecase said:

I reckon The XX is 95% a lock in. No festivals in the U.K. yet, either Bestival or possibly Latitude, maybe even both!

Also agreeing with ATCQ, also The 1975 is a possibility?

The XX are a possibility. I reckon Latitude will have them though. 

The 1975 are only doing a couple of "special" appearances at festivals this year I think,  theyre due to headline Latitude and  they're playing TRNSMT (as special guests)

Edited by Hawky

7 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Every year I ask RDB for Morrissey. This year he's got Mexrissey and The Smiths Ltd. for Camp Bestival.

Hopefully he's gone one better and finally got the man himself for the main event this year!

Morrissey, Nine Inch Nails and LCD. 

Right, here's my predictions. There's a few I'm dubious about (including Morrissey but we can dream)

Thursday: Justice // Run The Jewels // Cypress Hill

Friday: LCD Soundsystem // Royal Blood? // Wombats

Saturday: Morrissey // Lorde // Madness

Sunday:  Chance The Rapper // ATCQ // Stormzy 

23 minutes ago, rseamer said:

If The XX or The 1975 aren't in the Bestival announcement would I be fairly safe in assuming they are virtually certain for Latitude? 

1975 are already TBC on here for Latitude, so they're pretty certain to be their Friday headliner.

The XX are harder to predict, very likely for Latitude but only time will tell. Logic dictates they headline Latitude and play Glastonbury this year.

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Take my money right now! 

I feel like George Agdgdgwngo... "good afternoon madame, I have curated a festival and  I have got LCD, NIN and Morrissey to play, all I need is your bank account sort code and account number and I will transfer the monies and get you a ticket"

Here's a thought...

RHCP. 

Theyve rescheduled their irish dates for September this year. No other UK festival dates and not likely for a second UK tour touring the new album but still majorly active... 

Most likely wishful thinking but, they obviously planned on being over here when they rescheduled the dates (and they were rescheduled a while back) and didn't RDB say he's had 3 headliners locked in for ages?...

Possible Saturday headliner? Or delusional RHCP fan... You decide. 

47 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Here's a thought...

RHCP. 

Theyve rescheduled their irish dates for September this year. No other UK festival dates and not likely for a second UK tour touring the new album but still majorly active... 

Most likely wishful thinking but, they obviously planned on being over here when they rescheduled the dates (and they were rescheduled a while back) and didn't RDB say he's had 3 headliners locked in for ages?...

Possible Saturday headliner? Or delusional RHCP fan... You decide. 

Rob would be breaking 'da Bank' to get RHCP. (If you pardon the pun)

Highly doubt RHCP would do Bestival, can't think of someone of that caliber headlines Bestival. Only time can tell.