registration

guypjfreak

should the reg be reopened after oct resale ???  

155 members have voted

1. 1. should glastonbury reopen registration after ticket day

• YES reg should be reopened so the lazy sods can be able to buy tix in resale
    • NO reg should not be reopened allowing people that gave a shit a chance of getting a tix in resale
    • REG reopens but they cant get tix for next glasto BUT at least they get reged up for year after
    • EVERYONE has to reg EVERY year for tix ..no reg..no tix

10 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I've voted no purely as I have always felt that priority should be given to those registered in time for the main sale - not necessarily the ones who have been before, but those who were registered in time for the October sale.

well said old son

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some really good points on here i wander if the people that have said yes now will feel the ssame come resale day when they have no ticket and bob down the rd who reged up 5 days before resale day is already packing his VW .......which wont take long as theres no room in side them lololol..

thanks tho every one tis interesting

2 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I'm sorry to say there is a disturbing overtone of exclusion and elitism on this thread.

Sad.

The statistics as of this exact moment indicate that the majority believe that the registration should be re-opened. Others, who are in the minority, are allowed their say, surely?

Yes, people's circumstances change and reasons for not having registered might change. Despite it might increase ticket chances for the dedicated who missed out, I think its more open Glastonbury doesn't start punishing certain groups.

Are you going start this topic every year? :P

Edited by LondonTom

I voted yes because although most of the people I go with regularly are die-hards who get the likely sale date in their diary on the Monday after the festival, I know a lot of people who I have been with in the past aren't in the same boat and it's great to have those guys along for the ride.

In terms of bands/line-up, I *think* that Glastonbury is the only festival that usually manages to sell out its entire ticket allocation before any of the line-up is officially announced. Whilst this is great for the festival in terms of finances going into the next festival, I remember reading somewhere that it can frustrate promoters (Prince's being a recent example) because if their artiste has a huge tour coming up to sell tickets for, and Glastonbury announces they are playing, then punters with tickets to Glastonbury will be less inclined to buy tickets for the standalone gig. Not sure how much truth there is to the cause and effect    

35 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

I voted yes because although most of the people I go with regularly are die-hards who get the likely sale date in their diary on the Monday after the festival, I know a lot of people who I have been with in the past aren't in the same boat and it's great to have those guys along for the ride.

In terms of bands/line-up, I *think* that Glastonbury is the only festival that usually manages to sell out its entire ticket allocation before any of the line-up is officially announced. Whilst this is great for the festival in terms of finances going into the next festival, I remember reading somewhere that it can frustrate promoters (Prince's being a recent example) because if their artiste has a huge tour coming up to sell tickets for, and Glastonbury announces they are playing, then punters with tickets to Glastonbury will be less inclined to buy tickets for the standalone gig. Not sure how much truth there is to the cause and effect    

Hang on, that doesn't make sense.  Because Glastonbury uniquely sells out their tickets without announcing acts, it means major acts can sell out their tours without worrying about Glasto ticket holders not buying tour tickets because they'll catch them at Glastonbury.

So it's the other way round.  Glastonbury is the festival that suffers from the above problem the least.

23 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I prefer to look at it the other way, registration is open all year but closed temporarily during the main sale. Glastonbury are in the business of selling tickets to their festival and to keep it popular, not sure how it would benefit them if they prevented new customers registering for 7 months of the year, that's an extremely poor business model.

Dont buy the big bands being announced thing either. Unless it's a massive heritage act who never tour and have come out of retirement just for Glastonbury, then it's going to be cheaper and easier for any of these bands fans to obtain tickets to see them anywhere else they play. And if these same fans have never registered for, or gone to Glastonbury in the past, why would they care about seeing a band there who they could see more easily and for less money elsewhere?

Granted it might make a bit of a difference, but nowhere near as much as people hype it up to be.

I'd seen it on TV and thought about going for years but it was REM being announced for 2003 that pushed me in to actually going. I could see them elsewhere sure, but that would be a big chunk of the ticket price and that way I could justify "taking a risk" on the festival myself.

Remember no-one knows for sure they'll like it until they're there. Crazy as it may sound to people on this forum.

On 18/10/2016 at 10:31 PM, HalfAnIdiot said:

I'm sorry to say there is a disturbing overtone of exclusion and elitism on this thread.

Sad.

Load of bollocks old son its just opinion which we all have and all are different  I'm glad to say .......if you've been on here you'll know even when people disagree with something like on this thread were all nice about it ...the WHOLE point of this thread is IMO that people have enough time to get reged up end of ...

I don't see any elitsim there old son as for exclusion everyone has the same chance to get reged up before tix day if they choose not to how's that then exclusion........

I'm actually thinking we should have to get reged up EVERY YEAR now...then there will be NO arguments ,...

Love to chat but Off to watch jools .,.lol

47 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Load of bollocks old son its just opinion which we all have and all are different  I'm glad to say .......if you've been on here you'll know even when people disagree with something like on this thread were all nice about it ...the WHOLE point of this thread is IMO that people have enough time to get reged up end of ...

I don't see any elitsim there old son as for exclusion everyone has the same chance to get reged up before tix day if they choose not to how's that then exclusion........

I'm actually thinking we should have to get reged up EVERY YEAR now...then there will be NO arguments ,...

Love to chat but Off to watch jools .,.lol

You misread me sir! 

Its a free for all and always should be.

Or is it 'just my imagination'.....

I'll be a newbie next year (although been to tons of other fests across England/Europe) and I personally think that all it takes is a little research into how a festival is run/sells its tickets.

Regardless of reg being open/closed at whatever point, if you really want to go to a festival it's not that hard to see what the system is.

44 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

I'll be a newbie next year (although been to tons of other fests across England/Europe) and I personally think that all it takes is a little research into how a festival is run/sells its tickets.

Regardless of reg being open/closed at whatever point, if you really want to go to a festival it's not that hard to see what the system is.

The appliance of science. It's a good point you make. I think the 'concern' from guy is that there are many people who adhere to the system but possibly are more devoted to the Glastonbury Festival than others who adhere to the system also, but are 'effectively' given a second chance by that system. It's not a viewpoint I share, but I do understand it.

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The appliance of science. It's a good point you make. I think the 'concern' from guy is that there are many people who adhere to the system but possibly are more devoted to the Glastonbury Festival than others who adhere to the system also, but are 'effectively' given a second chance by that system. It's not a viewpoint I share, but I do understand it.

I get it too, I've missed out on tickets I've really wanted in the past that have gone to touters ect. Not the same situation exactly but you get my drift.

I like many have voted that reg should re-open, on the basis that people's circumstances may change between T day and resale day ...... and this goes for regulars who have expired registration and a lack of funds situation at T- day so know that they are in a no-go situation but their options open up and are then able to fund the ticket cost or are now free to go on those magic days in June.

However, I do have a question .... is there a finite number of people that can be registered for Glastonbury, and if yes how many of these are taken up by 'bucket list' one year attendees?

2 minutes ago, Mollyanne&Mike said:

However, I do have a question .... is there a finite number of people that can be registered for Glastonbury, and if yes how many of these are taken up by 'bucket list' one year attendees?

Hello Mollyanne&Mike :)

I have no knowledge of any restrictions on the number that can register, and couldn't see why they would need to cap it. I suppose that the answer to your second question would lie within the stats that only Seetickets or GFL Ltd could draw off. That said, people may be going for their first time, but become converts and want to go every year on from their first year - sound familiar?

I'd like them to make everyone re-register one year just to see how many people really do want to go. In her recent NME interview, Emily said 2 million people where trying for tickets. Now there may be 2 million people registered but that is an accumulation since 2010, I'm not having it that they were all trying this year.

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That said, people may be going for their first time, but become converts and want to go every year on from their first year - sound familiar?

Yes, sounds familiar! 

There must be a percentage that go and find it isn't for them though .... much as many who use forum will not understand . Guess their registration remains for the five year life and then fades away.

1 minute ago, Mollyanne&Mike said:

Yes, sounds familiar! 

There must be a percentage that go and find it isn't for them though .... much as many who use forum will not understand . Guess their registration remains for the five year life and then fades away.

I'm sure that there are oceans that go for one year only - especially if their year of attendance happens to be a mud year. That said, everybody should go to Glastonbury at least once in their lives.

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd like them to make everyone re-register one year just to see how many people really do want to go. In her recent NME interview, Emily said 2 million people where trying for tickets. Now there may be 2 million people registered but that is an accumulation since 2010, I'm not having it that they were all trying this year.

True. I don't see how they can identify how many are actively trying, any one person/IP address who was trying but was unsuccessful could be for friend(s) who subsequently got a ticket, for themselves only, for up to six people. Without a confirmed transaction surely it is impossible to differentiate?