Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Hi thanks for getting back to me, if i was able to get a hive ticket does that mean i have to camp in a certain place or is it the whole hive site. Just want to know as i will be with one other and if so would i be okay buying 1 ticket at a time as there is never a set of 2 available just individual ones. I just dont want to buy 2 seperate ones and not be able to camp together. Cheers! 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Ryanp1993 said:

Hi thanks for getting back to me, if i was able to get a hive ticket does that mean i have to camp in a certain place or is it the whole hive site. Just want to know as i will be with one other and if so would i be okay buying 1 ticket at a time as there is never a set of 2 available just individual ones. I just dont want to buy 2 seperate ones and not be able to camp together. Cheers! 

The Hive is The Hive, it's one big place so don't worry, if you have two Hive tickets, you can always camp together :)

2 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Search this thread with the search button or maybe it was on last year thread - cant remember, but someone posted store names and even a map with a pointer

Thanks mate, I had a look but couldn't find anything. I'll try last year's thread!

After investigating some bands, I am reasonably happy for Saturday afternoon with Tash Sultana, Glass Animals and especially Sohn, I became a big fan. 

If Warpain-Soulwax-Avalanches-FF will seem too crowded i might skip Soulwax, as much as it hurts me and get a good spot for Avalanches. Has anyone seen them live before? I love their music with the clever samples, but have no idea how it translates into live shows and the ones I found on youtube are not conclusive. 

I remember seeing Soulwax in 2008 @ VFest in Baltimore and they rocked. They mostly played Night Versions so it was a great set. I don't really know how they're show will translate after the last album. I hope it's a dance fest though.

Avalanches apparently its a hit or miss. I read the Coachella reviews and their setlist basically consists of their greatest hits and in runs pretty short at 50 minutes tops. I feel like Avalanches might me more of a gamble than Soulwax.

Hi Guys, I'm after a bit of advice please from anyone who's been before.

I've just noticed the flight we planned on booking on Friday goes to Charleroi and not Brusels International, I'd always planned on going to International because it seemed easier to get to the festival, but this flight is £57 cheaper each (The return flight is only £48!) and is 07:50 outbound whereas the one to International is 06:10 so we'd need to be at the airport for 4 in the morning.

I've had a look on the website and the only difference seems to be a bus to the train station and then a train (with a change) to Leuven before it becomes the same journey. Is it as simple as that, or should we just pay the extra money? I'd like to get the flights as cheap as possible, but not if it's going to turn into a massive ordeal to get there.

5 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

I've just noticed the flight we planned on booking on Friday goes to Charleroi and not Brusels International, I'd always planned on going to International because it seemed easier to get to the festival, but this flight is £57 cheaper each (The return flight is only £48!) and is 07:50 outbound whereas the one to International is 06:10 so we'd need to be at the airport for 4 in the morning.

I've had a look on the website and the only difference seems to be a bus to the train station and then a train (with a change) to Leuven before it becomes the same journey. Is it as simple as that, or should we just pay the extra money? I'd like to get the flights as cheap as possible, but not if it's going to turn into a massive ordeal to get there.

Keep in mind that the train from Charleroi takes more time and the there's the bus to the  train station (wait time and ride too) . We were so busy talking to people we met when we arrive To Charleroi two years ago that we didn't really notice how much time it took so on the way back we missed our flight because of that.  

Edited by e2p2

7 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Keep in mind that the train from Charleroi takes more time and the there's the bus to the  train station (wait time and ride too) . We were so busy talking to people we met when we arrive To Charleroi two years ago that we didn't really notice how much time it took so on the way back we missed our flight because of that.  

Thanks for this, I'll keep this in mind and pass it on to the other people I'm going with :)

By Friday I'll have my tokens, my schedule and my flights sorted, just the waiting now!

16 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

When is your flight back? Be carefull, there are no trains after Midnight to Charleroi (and Brussels).
If you have a flight back home on Monday in the early morning, it can be a problem.

5 minutes ago, micvet said:

When is your flight back? Be carefull, there are no trains after Midnight to Charleroi (and Brussels).
If you have a flight back home on Monday in the early morning, it can be a problem.

The flight is quite a late one Monday night, 21:55 outbound to arrive in Manchester at 22:20, so we should be ok to get to the airport with that? Admittedly I'd like to get a mid afternoon flight but this late one is far more appealing than the others I've seen at 07:00 Monday morning! Plus the other comment about missing flights should hopefully not be an issue if we don't need to be getting there until around 19:30/20:00.

What we'll do with ourselves in the day however is another thing we need to look into, I can't imagine we'll be one of the first ones off the campsite but still, we will have the majority of an afternoon in Brussels to kill :lol:

Hi, first time visiting a festival outside of uk. So a couple of quick questions.

what is the best time to arrive on the Wednesday, I see the campsite opens at 4 pm but I take it the queue by then is pretty  big ?And What are the rules on disposable BBQ, are they tolerated or is it completely buy hot food with the vouchers.

I know its a long shot but does anyone know anyone selling hive tickets, Ive got ticket swap installed and i will get a notification and click on it within micro seconds and someone is already paying for it... id pay over triple the price if i could. It just looks like anything other than hive willbe a second rate experience. Thanks in advance!

On 4/26/2017 at 4:30 PM, alexlloyd said:

The flight is quite a late one Monday night, 21:55 outbound to arrive in Manchester at 22:20, so we should be ok to get to the airport with that? Admittedly I'd like to get a mid afternoon flight but this late one is far more appealing than the others I've seen at 07:00 Monday morning! Plus the other comment about missing flights should hopefully not be an issue if we don't need to be getting there until around 19:30/20:00.

What we'll do with ourselves in the day however is another thing we need to look into, I can't imagine we'll be one of the first ones off the campsite but still, we will have the majority of an afternoon in Brussels to kill :lol:

Oh well, the money you've saved on flights will go straight on beer then :) 

Just got the eurostar to Brussels for £96 return, very happy with that. Is anyone staying in Brussels on the weds night? If so, where? Would be cool to get a hostel full of people going to Wertcher. 

P.S Has anyone made a spotify playlist? I turned 30 last month so I instantly became out of the loop with music :)

8 minutes ago, marcwilson87 said:

Just got the eurostar to Brussels for £96 return, very happy with that. Is anyone staying in Brussels on the weds night? If so, where? Would be cool to get a hostel full of people going to Wertcher. 

P.S Has anyone made a spotify playlist? I turned 30 last month so I instantly became out of the loop with music :)

I stayed in Brussels when I went 3 years ago on the Wednesday night. Pretty much the same as you are. You can get a decent hotel for not a lot of money  - however if a hostel is more your thing I am sure there will be others staying there going to Werchter. I plumped for the Hive this year. I really am not too sure what to expect, the one thing I am expecting is a nights sleep that will be a lot shorter and more uncomfortable than a hostel or hotel!! God help me in my old age :) 

2 hours ago, marcwilson87 said:

Happy belated birthday Marc!

Here's my playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/user/visdave34/playlist/0U7X3mMcPNRp8Wk7MFXelG

3 minutes ago, Ryanp1993 said:

Which food and drink vouchers should i get? Does one voucher equal one meal/drink or is it like 3 for a beer 10 for food etc. I dont know why this info isnt on the website.

Beer and basic drinks are 1 voucher, food is 2-5 vouchers, depends on what you get of course.

7 minutes ago, Ryanp1993 said:

Which food and drink vouchers should i get? Does one voucher equal one meal/drink or is it like 3 for a beer 10 for food etc. I dont know why this info isnt on the website.

I asked the question before in a previous page... one token (2.50) gets you a beer but it's more for things like mojitos/cocktails.

Food depends on the quality but generally expect to use 2 tokens for food or 3 for something extravagant. 

Any of the regulars feel free to correct me :D

Edited by alexlloyd

5 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

I asked the question before in a previous page... one token (2.50) gets you a beer but it's more for things like mojitos/cocktails.

Food depends on the quality but generally expect to use 2 tokens for food or 3 for something extravagant. 

Any of the regulars feel free to correct me :D

Cheers man i apreciate it!

21 hours ago, ThePushover said:

Hi guys, 

Unfortunately I am selling my ticket to Rock Werchter, I bought a hive ticket as well as my combi ticket. Do I have to list them together on ticket swap or can I sell my hive ticket separately? 

Thanks! 

You can sell them seperately