Frank Ocean

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Why would Parklife make him less likely for Glastonbury? He barely tours - So doing other UK fests for the cash makes sense. Doesn't really affect Glasto I don't think, unless he's an exclusive obviously

Somewhere said he was only doing two UK fests, and this would be that quota filled 

14 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Why would Parklife make him less likely for Glastonbury? He barely tours - So doing other UK fests for the cash makes sense. Doesn't really affect Glasto I don't think, unless he's an exclusive obviously

11 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Somewhere said he was only doing two UK fests, and this would be that quota filled 

Yeah he got announced for Lovebox as a London exclusive and one of two UK shows. Only likely contenders for that second show were Parklife or Glasto really, and obviously Parklife would fill the quota as Zac says.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah he got announced for Lovebox as a London exclusive and one of two UK shows. Only likely contenders for that second show were Parklife or Glasto really, and obviously Parklife would fill the quota as Zac says.

Said he's doing 2 uk festivals. So lovebox was announced as a London exclusive and if he announces parklife too that would be the 2. Hopefully that's wrong but...

4 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

the new album will not go down well at all at parklife. 

Well im seeing him in Barcelona so its all good.

i've got a feeling he might go the way of Kendrick with his festival setlists and play more of the first more conventional album than his latest less crowd friendly one. as much as i love it there really is a big lack of songs to get the crowd going on the new one, and as you say, a Parklife crowd isn't gonna be the most understanding of that

goddamn, i really thought he was gonna be at Glastonbury and it was gonna be ace. so glad i'm doing Primavera

Edited by FloorFiller

20 hours ago, defrio29 said:

what's so bad about parklife? ive never been.. but im considering if frank is on next year

I'm probably a bit too old compared to its target market. It also seems disproportionately full of knackers. My mates daughter was sprayed in the face by some lasses with some chemical of sort and had to have treatment. 

I could probably go and enjoy the music, with no bother. I just can't be arsed paying that money for a place full of kids 20 years younger than me charged up like scarface.  

Each to their own though.

On 12/10/2016 at 7:53 PM, Badlands said:

I'm probably a bit too old compared to its target market. It also seems disproportionately full of knackers. My mates daughter was sprayed in the face by some lasses with some chemical of sort and had to have treatment. 

I could probably go and enjoy the music, with no bother. I just can't be arsed paying that money for a place full of kids 20 years younger than me charged up like scarface.  

Each to their own though.

nah you pretty much got it spot on. 

(sorry to hear about your mates daughter, but honestly its just full of jacked up aggressive people looking to show everyone how hard they are and that they "do festivals".) 

• 1 month later...

I'm holding onto a bit of hope that he comes to Glastonbury. Blond(e) was a slow burn for me, but I really love it now (didn't put it in my top 40 AotYs, but been banging it all through Jan and it's like top 20 now). I bet he fucks off for ages again after this album cycle as well, so I really want to see him while I can. Parklife can fuck off though.

13 hours ago, defrio29 said:

well its not really an article is it if its from Lovebox official press release http://loveboxfestival.com/journal/frank-ocean-headlines-lovebox17/

thanks for extinguishing my false hope.

Well hopefully he learns his lesson and we get him at glastonbury the next time he releases an album... (in  5 years). At least i got primavera. Would be better at Glastonbury though :(