Glastonbury Wristband

Amme1234

50 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Really? You went to the best festival in the world and this is what you took back home as your over riding thought.

Some people seem to just like moaning.

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Fucking hell. Lot of people on a downer at the moment and whining about all kinds of shite about the festival but this takes the digestive.  

Looking like t day is gonna be a piece of piss judging by the threads on here at the moment. 

I like digestives too but better with chocolate on top. Hope your day is piss free xxxx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Really? You went to the best festival in the world and this is what you took back home as your over riding thought.

Some people seem to just like moaning.

No I also took back my tent my belongings. DID YOU?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, bsolxiv said:

Yup, the symbols mean the wristband is rendered void if that's cut off.

I was under the impression the Void part was to prevent people stitching together a band from the cut-offs of other bands, which is something that I've seen people do at other festivals.

I can't see the sense in stopping people cutting off the excess.

7 minutes ago, Mickball said:

I was under the impression the Void part was to prevent people stitching together a band from the cut-offs of other bands, which is something that I've seen people do at other festivals.

I can't see the sense in stopping people cutting off the excess.

This was my understanding too!

1 hour ago, bsolxiv said:

On a different note, saw someone trying to get back in who had cut off the excess material saying "it said it was void if you didn't cut it". Thought he was trying it on, but looking at it, there was a picture of scissors and the word void all over it. Seemed a bit ambiguous, plus the design is completely different, as well as the colours, to the main wristband. Why not just make the excess white, won't be able to stitch that together to make new wristbands.

Some of my friends did the same when we went back to get booze from the car on Thursday. I did tell them what the void actually meant beforehand, but you're right, it's not exactly clear. I'm sure previous wristbands actually said 'void if removed', though I guess I've probably just imagined that. The security just gave them a telling off and let them in.

2 hours ago, Mickball said:

Too much piss on your cornflakes this morning?

Calm down.

Yeah I know. Had a shit start to the day and seeing a cockwomble  moaning about wristbands grabbed my goat.

I have now had some Guinness so feel calmer and will not let the twat get to me again ;)

5 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Err, yes I did. And I also loved my wristband and moaned about nothing except idiots like you who like moning.

Have  a lovely pissy day.

You sound like you're five years old, take a joke!! You've got too much time on your hands xx

52 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yeah I know. Had a shit start to the day and seeing a cockwomble  moaning about wristbands grabbed my goat.

I have now had some Guinness so feel calmer and will not let the twat get to me again ;)

Yh I've got your goat when do you want it back? 

Also im really concerned you've had to turn to alcohol to feel calmer based on a forum thread, is there anyone you can talk to about this? Maybe you should go outside for a few minutes and appriciate the good weather instead of the screen you're sat in front of.  Also Guinness is really rank you cockwomble 

On 28/06/2016 at 11:23 PM, marcoolio said:

Are they always glow-in-the-dark? It caught me by surprise as I hadn't noticed last year.

I didn't notice while we were there, probably not dark enough, but on Monday night in bed as I was drifting off I suddenly noticed it and got far too excited!

8 hours ago, bsolxiv said:

Yup, the symbols mean the wristband is rendered void if that's cut off.

I've always cut off the void bit (and melted the ends to stop it fraying) I'm pretty sure it's because people we're using the ends to make what looked like proper wristbands, whereas VoidVoidVoid doesn't look anything vaguely like a wristband

6 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

... I'm pretty sure it's because people we're using the ends to make what looked like proper wristbands, whereas VoidVoidVoid doesn't look anything vaguely like a wristband

Indeed.  Year before last (maybe) people were cutting off the ends and making whole wristbands out of them.

Hence the "void" bit on the end now.

On 2 July 2016 at 8:50 PM, philipsteak said:

I saw a bin in West Holts that had a pretty poor paint job. Ruined my festival. Not sure I I'll bother next year

I was served a macchiato  with slightly too much milk, I've written to the council asking them to revoke the festival's license. 

4 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

Indeed.  Year before last (maybe) people were cutting off the ends and making whole wristbands out of them.

Hence the "void" bit on the end now.

Weirdly I prefer them now, I've always cut them down but felt a bit sad for the bit I cut off!  The void part carries no love with me 

5 minutes ago, fur_q said:

I was served a macchiato  with slightly too much milk, I've written to the council asking them to revoke the festival's license. 

You think that's bad? I was served prosecco in a fucking paper cup!!!!

9 hours ago, bsolxiv said:

.... Why not just make the excess white, won't be able to stitch that together to make new wristbands.

Which reminds me...we were sitting round the big fire at Kelburn garden party last year having a late night blether with a group of young uns. 

The wristbands are sort of foamy plasticy there and they had cut off their excess and used a lighter to melt the spare bits into 2 wristbands that there mates had been able to use to wander in for free.

Genius. Restored my faith in the youth :-)

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

You think that's bad? I was served prosecco in a fucking paper cup!!!!

F**KING HELL! I hope you've spent the last week sending death threats to the everyone involved in the festival. 

Couple of my friends cut off the void bit (first timers!) while we were out, and I put the frights up 'em saying they won't let you back in again coz on one gate a lady had had a good feel of the dangly bit and told us that they always check that bit coz fake ones feel different. But my mates asked at the gate all ready to plead their way back in, and the nice people there said it made absolutely no difference, and indeed it did not. It is ambiguous how it says 'void' by the scissors sign though. But I'm in no first flush of youth and I'm glad to say that over the years I've retained completely all of my dangly bits over all the years ;)

4 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Which reminds me...we were sitting round the big fire at Kelburn garden party last year having a late night blether with a group of young uns. 

The wristbands are sort of foamy plasticy there and they had cut off their excess and used a lighter to melt the spare bits into 2 wristbands that there mates had been able to use to wander in for free.

Genius. Restored my faith in the youth :-)

True story, first year of the super fence, in a pub not far from the site on Wednesday afternoon. Guy asks to look at our wrist bands, we show him, he takes out a big pack of felt tips and attempts to produce a copy on the back of a cornflakes box. :lol: