Bands you'd never heard of before this festival that you're looking forward to seeing

RichardWaller

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, neilmbrown said:

I saw Human Pyramids listed as TBC on the line up page and this thread was the only reference to them I could find.

I've seen them before and would massively recommend. 

How likely are they to play if they're listed as TBC

there's other references to them:-
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/search/?&q="Human Pyramids"

I can't remember where the info came from that they're playing, but if they're marked as TBC then we believe they're definitely playing.

There's always a chance of error with those, tho small - our ability to list something is only as good as the info we might get.

Another attendee at the St Paul and the Broken Bones Efests Group Worship Gig. Also loving :

I could dance to these in a thunderstorm and it would still fell like Jamaica! Thanks to whoever it was first flagged up Protoje.

Also on my list Ben Miller Band, Blackberry Smoke and, and and...

Dead excited me.

excited-maggie-amc.jpg

11 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Another attendee at the St Paul and the Broken Bones Efests Group Worship Gig. Also loving :

I could dance to these in a thunderstorm and it would still fell like Jamaica! Thanks to whoever it was first flagged up Protoje.

Dead excited me.

excited-maggie-amc.jpg

These are 2 new ones on my list too along with Tired Lion and Vangoffey 

43 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Yep, think I'll join you for all of those Rumble! Another clashtastic year this one, and before the main poster even drops

16 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Where/when do we think St Paul is likely to be?  I am clueless - are they pretty unknown or is it just they (like a million others) have escaped me?

I don't think they're that well known. They're still scarily only a TBC, so there'll be a lot of us disappointed if this is the 1 in 20 TBC that doesn't get confirmed! We'll know on Tuesday I expect, but I'm thinking they'll play early Saturday afternoon West Holts, or maybe Park?

1 minute ago, billum said:

I don't think they're that well known. They're still scarily only a TBC, so there'll be a lot of us disappointed if this is the 1 in 20 TBC that doesn't get confirmed! We'll know on Tuesday I expect, but I'm thinking they'll play early Saturday afternoon West Holts, or maybe Park?

Ha ha!  I just played it to my son and his girlfriend and she immediately said "Oh I know this", and started singing along.  Now she is NOT into music at all so I was gobsmacked!  She works in M&S and Call Me is apparently on their playlist!  

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Ha ha!  I just played it to my son and his girlfriend and she immediately said "Oh I know this", and started singing along.  Now she is NOT into music at all so I was gobsmacked!  She works in M&S and Call Me is apparently on their playlist!  

Ah! Well there you go, they're world-famous to Mr & Mrs M&S then.

Just now, JanieM28 said:

Well, it's on their own tour date website that they're playing the Saturday at Glasto. I had them marked down for an Acoustic Stage appearance though rather than anywhere else.

http://stpaulandthebrokenbones.com/shows/#.V0nRkYBLOrU

I wondered about acoustic stage too, but aren't they a bit too much of a straight-up guitar (and bit of brass) band for their vibe? Hope it's not there in a way, as I never get on with the sound at the acoustic, unless it's also had an overhaul this year