Lineup 2018

9 hours ago, UndergroundSound said:

Just seen Cabbage in Southampton and i’m glad to say that the days of inappropriately touching themselves on stage seem to be over. (Although they didn’t do that when i’ve seen them before either.) Thought they put on a class show and were quality in a small venue. - Expecting to see them make another appearance at Reading and Leeds this year as they seem to be doing the rounds and they have an album coming out.

one of the support bands was ‘The Rhythm Method’ and they sounded like a mix of poetry and 80s pop. Not sure if I thought they were weird or if I really liked them, Was nice to see a different styled band supporting. has anyone heard of them?

Saw Cabbage last Saturday in Sheffield and they were pretty decent, I was surprised by how good they were. Really enjoyed seeing them in a small venue and they had a class set list. I was expecting it to be such a weird show from the stories I had heard/read about the band on different and heard from one of my friends who booked them for a gig once before, but they seemed a lot more chilled.

The Rhythm Method were great I thought, very Streets and had some good stage presence, they seem to be good friends with Cabbage, I got tickets to the big Cabbage show in Manchester with a bunch of bands and The Rhythm Method are second billing there too I think.

Seeing Spring King this Saturday, unsure what to expect, although it is a tiny little pub venue so should be good. And then Marmozets Sunday at the Leadmill which I've been excited for since their new album dropped a couple of weeks ago!

6 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

Saw Cabbage last Saturday in Sheffield and they were pretty decent, I was surprised by how good they were. Really enjoyed seeing them in a small venue and they had a class set list. I was expecting it to be such a weird show from the stories I had heard/read about the band on different and heard from one of my friends who booked them for a gig once before, but they seemed a lot more chilled.

The Rhythm Method were great I thought, very Streets and had some good stage presence, they seem to be good friends with Cabbage, I got tickets to the big Cabbage show in Manchester with a bunch of bands and The Rhythm Method are second billing there too I think.

Seeing Spring King this Saturday, unsure what to expect, although it is a tiny little pub venue so should be good. And then Marmozets Sunday at the Leadmill which I've been excited for since their new album dropped a couple of weeks ago!

So lucky mate I missed spring king and marmozets in Southampton as I couldn’t make it. Marmozets would’ve been insane and I mainly wanted to see spring king for the supports ‘Fizzy Blood’ and ‘Calva Louise’ although I do like spring king. Fizzy blood have so many good songs and Calva Louise have only released two songs  but I think they’re incredible and they look great live from the videos i’ve watched. alsoThis Feeling are really pushing them this year so 100% expect to see them on the jack rocks stage (or it’s new name) this year at Reading . Hopefully I’ll catch them at their headline show in Southampton in a March.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

So lucky mate I missed spring king and marmozets in Southampton as I couldn’t make it. Marmozets would’ve been insane and I mainly wanted to see spring king for the supports ‘Fizzy Blood’ and ‘Calva Louise’ although I do like spring king. Fizzy blood have so many good songs and Calva Louise have only released two songs  but I think they’re incredible and they look great live from the videos i’ve watched. alsoThis Feeling are really pushing them this year so 100% expect to see them on the jack rocks stage (or it’s new name) this year at Reading . Hopefully I’ll catch them at their headline show in Southampton in a March.

Haven't given the support much of a listen yet, but I'll give them a go, see what they're like. Was supposed to see Spring King last year at YNOT before that became a shambles, so glad they are doing tiny little venues on this tour though! Can't wait for Marmozets, any gig is good in the Leadmill but I think they will just bring something a little special, haven't heard what they're like live or anything so hoping it'll be great. 

9 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

I mainly wanted to see spring king for the supports ‘Fizzy Blood’ and ‘Calva Louise’ although I do like spring king. Fizzy blood have so many good songs and Calva Louise have only released two songs  but I think they’re incredible and they look great live from the videos i’ve watched. 

Saw Spring King in dover when they were supported by Fizzy Blood and Tokyo Tea Room, all three were really good on the night.

3 minutes ago, undecided said:

Anyone think there's a chance kaiser chiefs will play??  If so how far up the bill Do we think they'd be? 

Doubt it they'll probably prefer to headline smaller fests if they're around. Probably would fit 2nd NME or maybe headline it based upon a nostalgia factor. Saw them at Manchester Arena last year and I've never seen it so empty, shame really as some of their older stuff is very good.

7 minutes ago, undecided said:

Anyone think there's a chance kaiser chiefs will play??  If so how far up the bill Do we think they'd be? 

passed through them in glasto last year , they were afternoon slot on the other stage and the crowd was fair but no where near the size they would of drawn 7/8 years ago. I dont know if the R&L crowd would really suit them now 

9 minutes ago, undecided said:

I don't think there's much chance at Reading and Leeds anymore, I loved their older stuff and kind of missed track of their newer songs now. Never seem them but I'd quite like to as I've heard they always put on a good show. Though I have heard the same, the last couple of tours they did weren't sold out, which is a shame. Reckon they'll stick to smaller festivals where they'd get higher billing and things like Isle of Wight. 

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Doubt it they'll probably prefer to headline smaller fests if they're around. Probably would fit 2nd NME or maybe headline it based upon a nostalgia factor. Saw them at Manchester Arena last year and I've never seen it so empty, shame really as some of their older stuff is very good.

Could imagine they could headline NME or third down if they played an entire employment set. But I don't know whether they would and whether Reading would ever book that 

1 minute ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Does anyone think Gun n Roses could ever return back to R&L? I know it won't be this year but maybe in the next few years, they could make an appearance? Just a thought 

I personally doubt it just cos of the demographic that the festival attracts nowadays

17 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

I personally doubt it just cos of the demographic that the festival attracts nowadays

But I see all the "typical Reading demographic" wearing GnR's t-shirts nowadays, they must be really popular with them...

39 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Does anyone think Gun n Roses could ever return back to R&L? I know it won't be this year but maybe in the next few years, they could make an appearance? Just a thought 

I wouldn't rule it out. They have stood the test of time well in terms of still being popular with younger generations. It would be similar to the Metallica booking which went down really well.

39 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I wouldn't rule it out. They have stood the test of time well in terms of still being popular with younger generations. It would be similar to the Metallica booking which went down really well.

Yep pretty sure kids still know the hits at least... I’d hazard a guess your average teenager in the R&L demographic knows more gnr tracks than Metallica tracks

• Upvote 2