Lineup 2018

Maybe I'm dumb, but I feel like they will have some prestigious headliner this year with Glastonbury not on this year. Last time it happened, they booked The Cure. It would be pretty sad to have the generic type of bands they always book in a year where they're aiming to be the top festival in the UK. 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think the difference between subbing coheadliners and subbing headliners is as big as you're making it out to be.

Yeah maybe, but in general I think you can tell a difference in size between a coheadline 'sub' and a proper sub.

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

- Lines up with payday's (people were tight cause of christmas so may now have $$$ to spend)

- Also lines up with a lot of touring plans (Paramore will have finished, Kendrick's is start of February etc.)

- Also is a pretty reasonable time before a festival (between like 5 and 7 months before)

Payday thing has no diffrence from other years. Paramore are not big enough to be the first headliner announced (which usually is the biggest one I guess), Kendrick already has some European festivals announced...

Edited by aaalive
  • Downvote 1

Just now, aaalive said:

Payday thing has no diffrence from other years. Paramore are not big enough to be the first headliner announced (which usually is the biggest one I guess), Kendrick already has some European festival announced...

He has a lot of European shows announced where he isn't touring or where his tour has sold out. IF they are announcing it this late we are getting more than 1 headliner. And a Paramore/Royal Blood coheadline I think would have gone down fine as a first announcement had they not changed the way they released stuff.

24 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know it's a Spanish festival, but since Travis Scott is seemingly headlining Benicassim I'd say he'd be a proper sub at R&L if he is playing. I was predicting him to 'sub' the coheadliners essentially making him 3rd, but I'd say that might be a bit of an understatement.

He's hard to place. In my eyes he's the same sorta size as A$AP Rocky was in 2016, and he was 4th main (3rd under subs). Can't see him subbing Kendrick even though it'd make most sense and he'd be an odd sub for Foos.

Beni often one or two pretty small headliners, but anyway I think he'd be fine size-wise below either a co-headline or a normal headliner.

8 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Maybe I'm dumb, but I feel like they will have some prestigious headliner this year with Glastonbury not on this year. Last time it happened, they booked The Cure. It would be pretty sad to have the generic type of bands they always book in a year where they're aiming to be the top festival in the UK. 

Aye, Kendrick Lamar.

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah maybe, but in general I think you can tell a difference in size between a coheadline 'sub' and a proper sub.

Wasn't the case in 2014. I doubt you'd have found many that suggested Vampire Weekend were a smaller act than Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Plus people have been pretty fluid in predicting Wolf Alice and the Courteeners to subheadline coheadliners and also outright headliners. I know it's sacrilege given this is a forum where every minute difference between slot is scrutinised but I just don't think it matters all that much. :P

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wasn't the case in 2014. I doubt you'd have found many that suggested Vampire Weekend were a smaller act than Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Plus people have been pretty fluid in predicting Wolf Alice and the Courteeners to subheadline coheadliners and also outright headliners. I know it's sacrilege given this is a forum where every minute difference between slot is scrutinised but I just don't think it matters all that much. :P

oh yeah I forgot about 2014 ffs, Jake Bugg too

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Beni often one or two pretty small headliners, but anyway I think he'd be fine size-wise below either a co-headline or a normal headliner.

Aye, Kendrick Lamar.

Not really what I was thinking, plus he played a couple of years ago. 

15 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Unlikely but they could have foos , Kendrick and then a 'legend' act alongside - that would make it an extremely strong year. Royal blood could sub the legends then but it would have to be a legend who still appeals to some younger people so maybe like G'n'R if they'd come back to UK just for this, Ac/dc - but both of those are basically no chance whatsoever. Reckon foos can be classified as the prestigious headliner right now.

1 hour ago, aaalive said:

Guess the announcement will be on Monday

It's the same day with Primavera, Flow and some other festival I don't remember announcements, so I guess we should expect AM (and maybe expect R&L announcement on the same day)

Nah r+l will be a bit later I think just to troll all the AM fans with their hope. Brits Week does seem most likely because it ties in with foos, Kendricks tour ending, royal blood if they win best group which they probably will, imagine dragons *sigh* UK tour starting. Reckon they'll announce AM for trnsmt and then another England show just to confirm that they won't be at reading and then wait a few weeks for reading announcement. They've just done download and wireless in quick succession so 

Been finalising some tax returns this week, got a load of new clients cos we were taken over at work, one of which is a Mrs A Turner (Alex Turners Mum).  Was sorting her affairs and found a gift of £100k from Alex Turner labelled 'Reading and leeds money'.

Take it as you will but think that's AM nailed on.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Fast Drones said:

Been finalising some tax returns this week, got a load of new clients cos we were taken over at work, one of which is a Mrs A Turner (Alex Turners Mum).  Was sorting her affairs and found a gift of £100k from Alex Turner labelled 'Reading and leeds money'.

Alex's mum is called penny turner.

Edited by R Shah
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BeddingatReading said:

Pretty sure the Amazons will be there as they’re from Reading but where would they play? I think they’d go down really well headlining the FR stage 

Around 4th NME or 6th main I reckon.

Just now, BeddingatReading said:

Pretty sure the Amazons will be there as they’re from Reading but where would they play? I think they’d go down really well headlining the FR stage 

I've had them 7th Main and 4th NME when looking at my predictions, suppose they could headline FR. They headlined it last year though so maybe they'd be somewhere else? That said, The Hunna thankfully got confined to that stage twice in a row.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fast Drones said:

Alex Turner doesn't pay tax. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Fast Drones said:

@Dudey Rhino you're next vid sorted then