Ticket Competitions

cb4747

4 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Looks like the competition in the Shepton Mallet Journal is another 'Find the steel mug' type. I'll grab a copy this evening and see if it's any different to the Western Daily Press one's.

That's another one listed on the comp form, so I'd suspect it's the same, but if you're going to be getting one anyway it definitely doesn't hurt to check, thanks!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

So as landmarks go... Which has the lowest selection?

it was nearly impossible for me to use both the real map and the EE map and then the graph, it would have been so unreadable but so far The Glade, Avalon, West Holts, Circus, Pilton Palais, Bandstand, William's Green, Silver Hayes, The Park but again it could always be random selection. Who knows. 

Edited by cb4747

6 minutes ago, Michaelgball said:

I understand they picked the stone circle like, just initially thought they were gonna stick to the main stages so the stone circle kinda threw me off because there are landmarks everywhere :(

It's just random.... It'll be the tiny tea tent or Strummervile next

18 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

it was nearly impossible for me to use both the real map and the EE map and then the graph, it would have been so unreadable but so far The Glade, Avalon, West Holts, Circus, Pilton Palais, Bandstand, William's Green, Silver Hayes, The Park but again it could always be random selection. Who knows. 

EE knows ;)

I still haven't heard anything on radio 1 Xtra has anyone else? Did the Unison one amount to anything for members?

Still getting over the sacred space M18 which I chose not to do yesterday. Just scoffed two vanilla cupcakes to compensate!

Edited by Katir

3 minutes ago, Katir said:

I still haven't heard anything on radio 1 Xtra has anyone else? Did the Unison one amount to anything for members?

Last year the BBC Radio 1 and 6Music competitions were the week before the festival .... 6Music was hard like Who headlined in 1983

the sort of questions you need to google for unless you were there

6 minutes ago, Katir said:

Still getting over the sacred space M18 which I chose not to do yesterday. Just scoffed two vanilla cupcakes to compensate!

Do you mean Radio X by any chance? The closing date's not till the 30th, so nothing till next week. I think the Unison one was closed. 

Just now, Jennings74 said:

Last year the BBC Radio 1 and 6Music competitions were the week before the festival .... 6Music was hard like Who headlined in 1983

the sort of questions you need to google for unless you were there

Okay. Thanks for the info. It's really cutting it fine a week before. If I enter I'm going to lie about my age as it's obviously for regular listeners age15-32 demographically! Plus if you've got a family who on earth can just up sticks and go? :) 

10 minutes ago, Katir said:

Okay. Thanks for the info. It's really cutting it fine a week before. If I enter I'm going to lie about my age as it's obviously for regular listeners age15-32 demographically! Plus if you've got a family who on earth can just up sticks and go? :) 

people who will do anything to get into a festival will just up sticks at a moments notice

11 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

people who will do anything to get into a festival will just up sticks at a moments notice

Us lot are exception to the rule. I'm ready anytime!!!! :) 

I was referring to someone over 30 who just randomly enters a competition the week before the festival and has to organise leave from work, pet care etc with seven days notice. 

I'd be there if I won a competition on the 22nd!

4 minutes ago, Katir said:

I was referring to someone over 30 who just randomly enters a competition the week before the festival and has to organise leave from work, pet care etc with seven days notice. 

I don't have kids or pets....and I suffer from dreadful sickness bugs that last about 5 days ;)

1 minute ago, Katir said:

My dogs will go on a lastminute.com doggy holiday to their nans haha. 

3 minutes ago, Gemsie85 said:

My kids are probably just as desperate as me for us to win tickets. If only they were eligible to enter the competitions :rolleyes:

It really is just as good for kids as us! My daughter went at 7 months and one and a half and had a splendid time! I feel as bad for her not getting to go to the kidz field as I do for us grown ups. :( 

How old are your kids?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Katir said:

It really is just as good for kids as us! My daughter went at 7 months and one and a half and had a splendid time! I feel as bad for her not getting to go to the kidz field as I do for us grown ups. :( 

How old are your kids?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

did you enjoy Dolly?? I was somewhere down the front .... next a Mexican Flag

5 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

did you enjoy Dolly?? I was somewhere down the front .... next a Mexican Flag

Was that Dolly? I was up near the back beside the floating blow up Dolly which was hilarious.  My husband went off to the Other Stage and missed it.  I'm sad now.  I want to goooooooo ; (

7 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

Was that Dolly? I was up near the back beside the floating blow up Dolly which was hilarious.  My husband went off to the Other Stage and missed it.  I'm sad now.  I want to goooooooo ; (

Looks Like Dolly .... hard to tell with my eyesight

7 minutes ago, Katir said:

I feel as bad for her not getting to go to the kidz field as I do for us grown ups. :( 

How old are your kids?

My boys are 8 and 4, eldest has been 3 times and youngest 2. They're itching to go back, we missed out on tickets last year too, youngest in particular doesn't quite grasp why we can't just go again! I absolutely adore the kidz field, as do they. Glastonbury is magical with kids but in a completely different way.