Ticket Competitions

cb4747

3 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

I think they're saying through the week because you have till 30th to reply

But that wouldn't make too much sense-if they needed to redraw through lack of replies, then that would take place next week rather than through this week, and when you talk about contacting winners you assume that all will accept/be valid. If for some reason any winners couldn't accept, these would presumably be redrawn with prizes not accepted, again next week rather than through this one. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mandroman said:

I'd have thought F5 would have more resonance with the Glasto crowd. 

very good. It's funny because so far the D,E,F,G,H,I 2-6 squares are the most popular. with F6 and G5 being chosen the most. 

Hello you beautiful lot.

Since I already have a ticket i thought i'd help you guys out with the EE competition. They seem to be going for landmarks across the sight so I made this for you. Its not perfect because the EE map isnt exactly proportionate but it gives you a good idea :) GOOD LUCK

glasto map.png

3 minutes ago, Michaelgball said:

Hello you beautiful lot.

Since I already have a ticket i thought i'd help you guys out with the EE competition. They seem to be going for landmarks across the sight so I made this for you. Its not perfect because the EE map isnt exactly proportionate but it gives you a good idea :) GOOD LUCK

glasto map.png

omg u r so yesterday, totes figured this out. 
I'm kidding but it's spooky because just as I was inputting your choice of H17 into my chart your name popped up on my eFestivals notifications. Oooh you're the 6th person to pick P5. 

Edited by cb4747

Just now, cb4747 said:

omg u r so yesterday, totes figured this out. 
I'm kidding but it's spooky because just as I was inputting your choice of H17 into my chart your name popped up on my eFestivals notifications. 

Haha stealing my answers! Im trying to help my friend secure a ticket, the poor guy has worked his little heart out all year and had no luck.
For some reason the Medical tent is sticking out. A big cross in the middle of a square of its own and they might try and catch us out lol. 

I keep hoping to see an e-festival'ers name win each day, hopefully that day is tomorrow

Hello you beautiful lot.

glasto map.png

Oh man cheers for this, was getting super bored of trying to squint between maps but couldn't be bothered to overlay myself!

Technically it is possible that it's still random and this is coincidental, but that's a little unlikely. If it turns out they are all chosen for landmarks, I will be having words with their rep who told me it was random!

Just now, Michaelgball said:

Haha stealing my answers! Im trying to help my friend secure a ticket, the poor guy has worked his little heart out all year and had no luck.
For some reason the Medical tent is sticking out. A big cross in the middle of a square of its own and they might try and catch us out lol. 

I keep hoping to see an e-festival'ers name win each day, hopefully that day is tomorrow

haha dude no! Not stealing them. I'm collecting all the tweet answers and putting them in a graph to see who choses what/whats the most popular etc. 

Hello you beautiful lot.

glasto map.png

There goes all the fun of poring over two different maps, trying to match up the sketchy track lines etc! I wrote a load down last night and they all correspond quite well with this.  Great work super-imposing the info. Cheers. 

3 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

haha dude no! Not stealing them. I'm collecting all the tweet answers and putting them in a graph to see who choses what/whats the most popular etc. 

Ah taking my tactics to a whole new level. I thought i had it all figured out. 

Day 1 - Famous stage, they picked the person at the top of the list of tweets (the last person to tweet the correct answer at 8:59)

Day 2 - Famous stage again, but this time they went from the bottom of the tweets and pick the first person to get it right at 12:07... If they picked the last person again i would have won lol

Today was just a random landmark at a random time :( 

Edited by Michaelgball

Just now, cb4747 said:

wow people really seem to like G4 as an answer but I can't see anything of significance in that square. 

I wonder if it's partly just bad guessing. Having seen that overlaid map above I've noticed that one of my squares is out.

Or maybe people know something we don't.

Does this actually read properly for anyone? 

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T  
1                 I       I                
2               II IIIIIII II                      
3       I IIIIIII   II I I II III         II          
4 I   I III IIII II IIIIIIIIII II IIIIII I I       I II IIII IIIII I    
5       I IIII IIIII IIIII II I II I I II   II IIIIIII IIIIII II I    
6   I   III IIIIIIII IIIIII III I I   I         II I I I    
7         III IIIII III I         I   I II I        
8 I     IIIII II II   I       II I     I   I      
9     I IIII   II   III   I I I   I   I I        
10       IIII   IIII I II   II I I   II II III IIIIIII I      
11   I     II III IIII III II IIII IIIIII I I     IIIIIII III II      
12     II II II         I   II I I I IIII III        
13       I   III   I   II I III   I II III IIII II      
14 I   I I I         I I I II   III II III        
15     III I I   II III I             I III II      
16     III   I       I   I I   I   I II II      
17   I II I II     IIII         I I I   I        
18         I   I I   I     II   I   I        
19     I         I I I   I I     I       I  
20                   I                      

Edited by cb4747

4 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

wow people really seem to like G4 as an answer but I can't see anything of significance in that square. 

It looks like there's a mark on the map in that square? That people might be interpreting as something.

Think that region in general will be pretty popular because people are likely to pick 'open spaces' on the map (in terms of previous winning squares), and single digit numbers are probably more appealing? 

Just now, emilyboris said:

@cb4747 not gonna quote it because it comes out of the page quite a bit, but excellent work! Now we just need that overlaid on the map :cheese:

that data is only up to so far, there's still another 60 or so entries to put in and they just keep coming I won't be able to do them all it's painfully mind numbing but it's interesting to see which areas are the most popular so far. 

Just now, cb4747 said:

that data is only up to so far, there's still another 60 or so entries to put in and they just keep coming I won't be able to do them all it's painfully mind numbing but it's interesting to see which areas are the most popular so far. 

I don't know how you did it but I was doing mine on excel, and using this site https://www.hashtracking.com/ to create a report that I'd import. That way you can just periodically re-run the report, paste it into excel and it'll recalculate. 

Just now, Michaelgball said:

You're supposed to say its because you really want to go glasto lol

I'm sick of hearing myself say those words :( I want to go so bad I am prepared to sacrifice my left big toe. 

Just now, emilyboris said:

I don't know how you did it but I was doing mine on excel, and using this site https://www.hashtracking.com/ to create a report that I'd import. That way you can just periodically re-run the report, paste it into excel and it'll recalculate. 

I used to do data entry so I'm pretty quick at entering it manually. I would be able to keep up with the new tweets/entries if I wasn't on eFestivals at the same time :P