Ticket Competitions

cb4747

Dolly. Cried my eyes out to Coat of many colours and tried the dance (that nobody did) to Jolene. Thought she was great. Glastonburry!! Lol. Biggest audience ever supposedly? 

Sorry for the photos. My house is covered in Glasto memories X

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gemsie85 said:

My boys are 8 and 4, eldest has been 3 times and youngest 2. They're itching to go back, we missed out on tickets last year too, youngest in particular doesn't quite grasp why we can't just go again! I absolutely adore the kidz field, as do they. Glastonbury is magical with kids but in a completely different way.

That's so sad for them. Perfect ages. My daughter has been twice and we missed out on tickets last year also! Boo hoohop

1 minute ago, Katir said:

Dolly. Cried my eyes out to Coat of many colours and tried the dance (that nobody did) to Jolene. Thought she was great. Glastonburry!! Lol. Biggest audience ever supposedly? 

I wailed out every song that I knew.  It was such a happy moment where the whole crowd came together.

I have a special box with wristbands, lanyards, programmes, photos and other memorabilia.  I keep the silliest things but now and again I look through them and I know exactly where I was and what I was doing when I collected it.

20 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

I wailed out every song that I knew.  It was such a happy moment where the whole crowd came together.

I have a special box with wristbands, lanyards, programmes, photos and other memorabilia.  I keep the silliest things but now and again I look through them and I know exactly where I was and what I was doing when I collected it.

That's so lovely! We have the 2015 hand drawn map/art hanging in our hallway and also purchased a runner rug from one of the traders last year. 

Edited by cb4747

I've just gone into my kitchen larder where there's Yeo Valley bags - think the oldest is 2011 - hanging up.  I keep crisps n stuff in them [sigh].  We've got a photo album for Gig tix but a separate box for Glasto.

Where's the drumsticks from?

35 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

That's so lovely! We have the 2015 hand drawn map/art hanging in our hallway and also purchased a runner rug from one of the traders last year. 

I liked that map.  We got one of the Glastonbury Press posters instead.  I usually get a wee thing from the traders in the Greenfields to take home. Got some lovely wood carved items over the years.

4 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

I've just gone into my kitchen larder where there's Yeo Valley bags - think the oldest is 2011 - hanging up.  I keep crisps n stuff in them [sigh].  We've got a photo album for Gig tix but a separate box for Glasto.

Where's the drumsticks from?

Drum stick is from Suede 

Remember when the traders in the Marketplace used to sell everything off cheap on a Sunday evening - not sure if they still do as I've been too busy watching bands past few years.  I got some nice stuff from them.  Also, have to say some really crap clothing bought in a moment of madness lol.

1 minute ago, Jennings74 said:

Drum stick is from Suede 

Wow. I didn't see them at Glasto but saw them at Hop Farm in 2012 (fallow year).  Wasn't really a fan in their hey day but they were a class act live.

2 hours ago, Katir said:

Excuse me! I did the dance and I wasn't even there - I was at home watching it on the telly. It was cool!

20 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Excuse me! I did the dance and I wasn't even there - I was at home watching it on the telly. It was cool!

That's so cool! I was doing it and couldn't see anyone else doing it?  I think it threw a lot of folks because she did an acoustic version of Jolene. And we had all been practicing to the recorded up beat version. I was also surprised she didn't know about it. Had such fun rehearsing before going!!! What do you think?

Edited by Katir

48 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

She must have known about it - not least because she was smiling as the security staff did the dance right in front of her! Besides, the festival website itself was encouraging it! Here's a reminder...

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/be-part-of-theatre-circuss-dolly-mob/

Ah that dance made me so happy! The security staff were so good during that set! That set was such a highlight that year and I'm not even a massive dolly fan

2 hours ago, AnniMB said:

Remember when the traders in the Marketplace used to sell everything off cheap on a Sunday evening - not sure if they still do as I've been too busy watching bands past few years.  I got some nice stuff from them.  Also, have to say some really crap clothing bought in a moment of madness lol.

I have plenty of crap clothing I bought on the Sunday last year while drunk! And some questionable decorative objects....

i really feel I need to win some tickets, went to see my pony earlier and she is hopping lame :( so I need some good luck! This time last year she had an operation goodbye £££££££!

4 hours ago, AnniMB said:

Wow. I didn't see them at Glasto but saw them at Hop Farm in 2012 (fallow year).  Wasn't really a fan in their hey day but they were a class act live.

I'm a huge Suede fan and I've seen them loads of times but chose not to see them AGAIN at Glasto...... I wanted to see what magic Kanye was going to pull out of his arse :( ..... He was no Jay Z 

Can I just say I'm really really loving this thread. It's like the alternative getting ready for Glastonbury place to be. A big group of us mostly unluckily not being able to get tickets, still holding out some hope, lots of good will and sharing to help out others, some gentle reminiscing and getting to know one another, the odd spatter of ticket desperation but nothing too depressing and just general epitomising the niceness and kindness that  the festival brings out of people. I mean how many other places would we spend so long talking about that we're probably not going to?! Also lots of love to those that are going and are stil here helping others. 

6 hours ago, GlastoAwe said:

Can I just say I'm really really loving this thread. It's like the alternative getting ready for Glastonbury place to be. A big group of us mostly unluckily not being able to get tickets, still holding out some hope, lots of good will and sharing to help out others, some gentle reminiscing and getting to know one another, the odd spatter of ticket desperation but nothing too depressing and just general epitomising the niceness and kindness that  the festival brings out of people. I mean how many other places would we spend so long talking about that we're probably not going to?! Also lots of love to those that are going and are stil here helping others. 

That was so beautifully put. 

Good luck for today everyone and have a good Friday!

image.gif

Edited by cb4747

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

Morning all!!! Good luck today for any competitions/ volunteering spaces / general praying for another resale. 

Morning.  I have a telephone interview at 9:30 so I'll be off grid until after that.  Just hope I remember what I actually do for a living and not confuse it with what I've mostly been doing for the last 3 weeks - gulp!