Ticket Competitions

cb4747

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mandroman said:

That's ridiculous. I'd tweet them right back (and copy in the other EE at glastofest) with some sobbing, pleading and humour all in good measure. You never know, they may have a spare couple knocking around somewhere...

I'll get him to tweet them! 

Sad but true. Had a debate with my husband about choosing M18 for about 10 minutes. We decided not to go for it and he said to me "DONT BLAME ME IF IT COMES UP!" 

Glastonbury Gods Give me bloody strength!!!!!!!?!!???????

27 minutes ago, washwell said:

Looks like there were only 14 who chose M18 so pretty good odds - don't think it's to be this year :-(

That's actually the worst odds of them so far! Number of correct entries is pretty low because of the number of possibilities :)

20 minutes ago, Lordscopie said:

Pretty sure the T's & C's said that they give another random pair out after the comp has finished - so 5 pairs + and extra pair.

No, I don't think so. In last year's T&Cs they seemed to have a statement that if no one had guessed the correct pair or something, then those tickets would be drawn out of all entries the following week. There's nothing like this in this year's T&Cs, and no 'overall draw'

2 hours ago, bennyboi said:

Right, after letting the dust settle on all the "fake account" talk yesterday I will also shout from the roof tops. 

MY MISSUS WON THE F*CKING EE COMP!!!! 

She only entered the once, as did I, it was set up for her to enter yes but no harm in that as she doesn't have another account. So Michael & Charlotte I understand your disappointment but they went to a committed efester. 

Best of luck to everyone else, I will continue to add stuff on this thread that might help with local comps for people outside of the area. 

:clapping:

And you didn't tell us yesterday!!! Or did you not know haha? Amazing, well done! Don't think there's a problem with a bit of scepticism about very new accounts (that one did look a little odd!), but that doesn't mean they're all cheating of course, and no reason not to create an account to enter a competition. 

Amazing though, congrats congrats etc., have an amazing time, and wonderful to see another person get checked off the efests list!

Edited by emilyboris

2 hours ago, bennyboi said:

Right, after letting the dust settle on all the "fake account" talk yesterday I will also shout from the roof tops. 

MY MISSUS WON THE F*CKING EE COMP!!!! 

She only entered the once, as did I, it was set up for her to enter yes but no harm in that as she doesn't have another account. So Michael & Charlotte I understand your disappointment but they went to a committed efester. 

Best of luck to everyone else, I will continue to add stuff on this thread that might help with local comps for people outside of the area. 

So happy for you :party:

49 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

The boy got it right again and didn't win. I could cry....

If it is actually random (and they've said it is, though I'm guessing he might have a system?), the odds of that happening are a tiny bit over 1 in 500000. This is the week you might want to put a bit of money on some long odds...

3 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Just got back to work and can finally read the thread properly on my PC. Am I seeing correctly that nobody (on eFestivals) won tickets with Thatchers or Wateraid?! 

Nah, no one's said anything if they have at least! Wateraid was defintely drawn, but iirc there were only 1 pair of tickets going. Thatchers have said they're 'contacting winners this week' which is weirdly ambiguous 

3 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

If it is actually random (and they've said it is, though I'm guessing he might have a system?), the odds of that happening are a tiny bit over 1 in 500000. This is the week you might want to put a bit of money on some long odds...

I'm actually in disbelief. So unfair I think he deserves tickets just for that!!!

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

I'm actually in disbelief. So unfair I think he deserves tickets just for that!!!

Can't imagine how grim that is, must be absolutely heartbreaking. It's possible if you're really very nice to them and draw their attention to it now that they may take notice (especially if the next two are right as well!), but unfortunately it is also literally the luck of the draw (or very noticeable lack of it!). Hope the rest of the week is kinder to you

8 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Can't imagine how grim that is, must be absolutely heartbreaking. It's possible if you're really very nice to them and draw their attention to it now that they may take notice (especially if the next two are right as well!), but unfortunately it is also literally the luck of the draw (or very noticeable lack of it!). Hope the rest of the week is kinder to you

We tweeted them today and they asked for the lottery numbers haha! Me too!!!

8 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Don't suppose anyone remembers how long Shortlist said they would take to contact winners? There's only generic t&cs on their site now

i was going to message them on fb and ask but they don't have a message option. I'm currently bored at work doing a graph for the EE entries to see which is the most popular ;-) 

Just now, cb4747 said:

i was going to message them on fb and ask but they don't have a message option. I'm currently bored at work doing a graph for the EE entries to see which is the most popular ;-) 

I started doing that the other day but quickly talked myself into doing something important instead! 

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

We tweeted them today and they asked for the lottery numbers haha! Me too!!!

I can imagine! Having seen the reply from EE though I think it's possible that dude misunderstood what you guys were trying to say haha