Ticket Competitions

cb4747

3 minutes ago, Michaelgball said:

I'd like to think they are opening them just to enter competitions! However I suspect they are multiple accounts for the same guy. I have no evidence so i should probably stop being salty about it lol

Well if you read back over this thread there were a few wrong accusations yesterday :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Michaelgball said:

I'd like to think they are opening them just to enter competitions! However I suspect they are multiple accounts for the same guy. I have no evidence so i should probably stop being salty about it lol

These things never really foster a sense of goodwill do they aha. I'm sure most of us are the same, click on the profile, see minimal activity, immediately suspicious. Unfortunately there's no real way of knowing whether they have entered fraudulently on a number of accounts. I would have thought EE would be checking this sort of thing though

I hadn't used my Twitter account since 2011 before this competition and there's nothing wrong with opening one to enter (as long as you aren't using multiple accounts) so it's difficult to judge really. I just REALLY hope that those winning are thrilled and excited to go. 

1 minute ago, Dr Glasto said:

I hadn't used my Twitter account since 2011 before this competition and there's nothing wrong with opening one to enter (as long as you aren't using multiple accounts) so it's difficult to judge really. I just REALLY hope that those winning are thrilled and excited to go. 

Yeah thats what matters i guess

I opened a Twitter account last year for updates on TBA acts while I was at Glastonbury. Now I use it for updates on trains and keep an eye on the daily trends. Aside from that I don't really have any followers and I don't generally tweet - if I am fortunate enough to win, I hope no one assumes I'm cheating!

3 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Don't suppose anyone's gone to that Tesco in Evesham to enter the raffle, haha?

the sad thing is if I wasn't stuck in a French airport I would drive there right now 

4 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

Water Aid winner is announced today....

How gutted was everyone when Thatchers didn't call? I felt like a pathetic teenager waiting on a crush!

Yeah I'm not feeling too confident with the competition wins for us lot :(

3 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Yeah I'm not feeling too confident with the competition wins for us lot :(

Nooo! Don't say that! You've been positive up until now. Although we are running out of chances lol!

Just now, Michaels denim shorts said:

The French 

Pffff yeah I know that now. Honestly so so gutted. Had to cancel our credit card to stop them taking any more money for the bikes too. Real nightmare. 

1 minute ago, Dr Glasto said:

Nooo! Don't say that! You've been positive up until now. Although we are running out of chances lol!

Trying to keep my hopes up - definitely difficult haha. I just want more of us to win :rofl:

It's honestly just weird now that no one has claimed to have won one of the Thatchers tickets. Admittedly the Guardian had double the number of tickets, but there were two winners on here and I saw more tweets mentioning it on Facebook. They must all be secretive people. 

21 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

Water Aid winner is announced today....

How gutted was everyone when Thatchers didn't call? I felt like a pathetic teenager waiting on a crush!

I still jump every time my phone buzzes...

5 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

you have a ticket right? you are entering competitions for your other half?

Nope. Neither of us have tickets so I am desperate for 2!  So I'm entering competitions in my name/my Twitter account and also his name and his Twitter account. 

Edited by cb4747

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

so I see the ee winners accounts all look weird. Shame! Hope one of us wins! I've had my hired bikes stolen in nice so I've said goodbye to my£300 deposit. Need some good luck to cheer me up haha

Nooo.  that's a shame.  You def need cheering up.

2 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

Nooo.  that's a shame.  You def need cheering up.

Haha I'm getting over it but it's one thing after another, delayed flight and just realised I left my tooth brush in the hotel room. Wahh! Another beer to numb the pain :lol:

Ignore that last one.  Couldn't delete it, duh! Anyway I'm sure my Wateraid email said to check emails, including Spam as well so it may not be a phone call.  Funny there's still no news for Thatchers tho.  They don't even have anything on their Twitter page.  i'm hoping I gave my home no and not my mobile as i'm working from home and the mobile reception is terrible.  I really don't want to lose hope at this stage but it's getting harder I have to say.

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Haha I'm getting over it but it's one thing after another, delayed flight and just realised I left my tooth brush in the hotel room. Wahh! Another beer to numb the pain :lol:

That's the spirit.  If they happen to have Thatchers, have one of them.  It might turn out to be a magic potion ; )

Just noticed something.  My laptop rebooted today (does that sometimes) and I've now lost the registration page.  When I tried to back arrow to get it back it's going to the pink tickets page.  Still got Tour page up. Do I guess that's it for secret sales then and we only have competitions left?

Just now, AnniMB said:

Just noticed something.  My laptop rebooted today (does that sometimes) and I've now lost the registration page.  When I tried to back arrow to get it back it's going to the pink tickets page.  Still got Tour page up. Do I guess that's it for secret sales then and we only have competitions left?

The /900001 url has been directing to 'page not found' for a number of days now, suggesting the reg page has been taken down. If they did another secret sale, there's no reason they couldn't put it back up or whatever so I'm not sure it's an indicator of much. But I think most of us accepted that the secret sales were over a while ago-for me, it was the explicit confirmation in the Glastonbury email someone received.