Ticket Competitions

cb4747

15 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

The /900001 url has been directing to 'page not found' for a number of days now, suggesting the reg page has been taken down. If they did another secret sale, there's no reason they couldn't put it back up or whatever so I'm not sure it's an indicator of much. But I think most of us accepted that the secret sales were over a while ago-for me, it was the explicit confirmation in the Glastonbury email someone received. 

Yes but I as able to back tab to the entry page where the info was stored.  When my laptop rebooted it was open at 'page not found' and when I back tabbed it went to ticket page instead of filled form.  I'm clutching at straws now lol aren't I?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, st dan said:

If Thatchers don't hurry up and call and inform me that I'm a lucky winner, then they will shoot up to the top of my 'Thatcher's I Do Not Like' list ... And they won't be in great company in this list, I'll be honest. 

Nicely put

14 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

The map for today has finally gone up (2 hours late), but I'm sure if you already entered they're still valid 

I've been sitting for the last 5 mins with the site map and this open trying to match up West Holts lol.  I think i'd be better sticking a pin on the proverbial donkey!

1 minute ago, st dan said:

If Thatchers don't hurry up and call and inform me that I'm a lucky winner, then they will shoot up to the top of my 'Thatcher's I Do Not Like' list ... And they won't be in great company in this list, I'll be honest. 

Trying to find out if someone's won gets a bit weird, because one of the things I'm searching on twitter is just 'thatcher'. Makes for grim reading

5 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Trying to find out if someone's won gets a bit weird, because one of the things I'm searching on twitter is just 'thatcher'. Makes for grim reading

Haha I found that when I was searching too

5 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

Yes but I as able to back tab to the entry page where the info was stored.  When my laptop rebooted it was open at 'page not found' and when I back tabbed it went to ticket page instead of filled form.  I'm clutching at straws now lol aren't I?

Ah yeah, but that's just because it was stored in your browser and whatnot, so now you're seeing the updated, current pages on the site. I think we're all beyond the straw clutching phase...feel like I'm desperately grasping at the air every time a breeze passes haha

6 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Funny lol :) 

2 hours ago, emilyboris said:

I'm not so sure, L8 has the road running through it, which the pyramid is backed against. L7 seems a little too high when you compare it on the map. Bit difficult to tell though, I almost fell asleep trying to compare them just now, zoned out completely.

Could they be using the Wifi hotspots?? There was one near the pyramid by the milk vendor on the corner as you left the market. 

There was one in the market by The Bread & Roses bar..... Just need to work out where that is on the map 

3 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

Could they be using the Wifi hotspots?? There was one near the pyramid by the milk vendor on the corner as you left the market. 

There was one in the market by The Bread & Roses bar..... Just need to work out where that is on the map 

Now you may be onto something!!! Good thinking.

13 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

They confirmed to me they're picking them randomly on twitter, but if you think you have a theory, go for it!

7 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

I'm trying to find last years results to see if they are the same with the winning grid numbers so far

The only same one is L8. The others were L13, D6, Q18 and something else
Edit: Last one was I16

Edited by emilyboris

36 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Ah yeah, but that's just because it was stored in your browser and whatnot, so now you're seeing the updated, current pages on the site. I think we're all beyond the straw clutching phase...feel like I'm desperately grasping at the air every time a breeze passes haha

I know. Hate to think of the lost productivity hours I've chalked up, gulp!

3 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

Yeah, had to amend search to 'Thatchers Cider'

I just figured that probably eliminate too many possible tweets. I've given up now-if they've contacted people then they're either all keeping schtum or maybe some of them haven't even clocked they've won!

2 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

I know. Hate to think of the lost productivity hours I've chalked up, gulp!

I'm going to regret all of this wasted time next week, but there's not too much I can do about it now. I spent some time yesterday on a spreadsheet of entries-didn't finish it, but may do today. That in itself is a colossal waste of time, but it just feels so important...

7 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

This is hard .... Do I keep my same numbers as I've had all week or go random??

i hate games of chance like this!!!

It's pretty grim isn't it, because if you get it wrong you always have some way to blame yourself! In the end, whichever way you do it, whether by system or not, keeping the squares or not, the chance of you getting it right is the same. Do what makes you happiest! Haha

3 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

It's pretty grim isn't it, because if you get it wrong you always have some way to blame yourself! In the end, whichever way you do it, whether by system or not, keeping the squares or not, the chance of you getting it right is the same. Do what makes you happiest! Haha

Winning makes me happy!! ;)

6 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Tits - I meant to go for F9 but accidentally typed K9...

if f9 comes up.....

But if K9 comes up you'll become a huge Dr Who fan 

isnt F9 out of bounds as that's another farm ..... It's where they built 'The Stadium of Shite' a few years ago

Edited by Jennings74
More info

2 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

Yeah, had to amend search to 'Thatchers Cider'

Anyone going to call shenanigans then? You don't suppose they simply forgot to run the compo. Nothing to do with seeing how darn difficult it's been to get tix and there they are with 24 of them, freshly printed holograms winking at them do you?

1 minute ago, Mandroman said:

Anyone going to call shenanigans then? You don't suppose they simply forgot to run the compo. Nothing to do with seeing how darn difficult it's been to get tix and there they are with 24 of them, freshly printed holograms winking at them do you?

I think it said that you had 48 hours to confirm (unless that was another competition - I've read that many T&Cs lately), so maybe they're waiting to make a formal announcement of winners. If I'd won I'd only post something on here, not on Twitter etc so it would be easily missed. 

Unless they haven't made the calls yet....*crosses fingers*