Ticket Competitions

cb4747

1 minute ago, Mandroman said:

Anyone going to call shenanigans then? You don't suppose they simply forgot to run the compo. Nothing to do with seeing how darn difficult it's been to get tix and there they are with 24 of them, freshly printed holograms winking at them do you?

They publicised it well, and closed the webpage, so no way they forgot to draw. Whether it's been delayed or not I don't know, but can't imagine why that'd be. No way they'd just abandon it and give no tickets out or whatever. Having said that, the only way we can get info about it is if people contact them (they've not replied to tweets about it) like 'oh have you drawn the winners yet' or whatever. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dr Glasto said:

I think it said that you had 48 hours to confirm (unless that was another competition - I've read that many T&Cs lately), so maybe they're waiting to make a formal announcement of winners. If I'd won I'd only post something on here, not on Twitter etc so it would be easily missed. 

Unless they haven't made the calls yet....*crosses fingers*

Thatchers one was until the 30th, so a big window! Many people don't answer calls from unknown numbers + emails are easily overlooked I suppose. 

On the other hand, Water Aid (who are announcing today at some unspecified point) only allow you 24 hours...have to be on the ball there!

43 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

On the other hand, Water Aid (who are announcing today at some unspecified point) only allow you 24 hours...have to be on the ball there!

I've become somewhat of a habitual email checker, I don't think my inbox has ever seen me so much before!! 

Git excited earlier as I glanced and saw one with 'cider' 'festival' and 'win' in the title … unfortunately it was from brothers cider telling me I could win a festival kit … not quite what I was looking for :( 

6 minutes ago, D_Cole said:

I've just emailed Thatcher's Cider and they said that the competition winners will be contacted throughout this week. There's still hope for everyone that entered!!

Why oh why must they taunt us so (cheers for emailing, v useful info!)

6 minutes ago, LittleA said:

Does anyone know if today's Bristol Post comp is the same one as the Western Daily Press has been running all week?

Bristol Post was find the steal cup. As most of those papers are all in the same group I'm guessing it's all the same competition 

5 minutes ago, LittleA said:

Does anyone know if today's Bristol Post comp is the same one as the Western Daily Press has been running all week?

They're all the same-I gather from the entry form that the competition is also running via the Bath Chronicle/Central Somerset Gazette/Cheddar Valley Journal etc.

6 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

They are all the same and the answer appears to be C9 I looked in western daily and the bristol post and its the same pic

Good.  That's the one I gave - middle of red flag?

Well I'm in all remaining competitions so fingers crossed everyone. I've also out of desperation contacted a couple of stalls asking if they need any workers as all the volunteer places I've tried are now all full. Good luck everyone! I suppose I've been very lucky up to now by going to the last 9 in a row so maybe it is time for me to bow out. But I'll be gutted if I have to miss it!

Has everyone also seen this timeout/EE competition? http://www.timeout.com/london/music/win-glastonbury-festival-tickets-2016

apologies if so. Entries close 5th June.

Also another one on Radio x - not sure of the closing date http://www.radiox.co.uk/win/win-tickets-to-glastonbury-festival-2016/

Edited by ads1980

Hi Guys (New here), I'm only after the one ticket for myself (all my friends are going im not a loner i swear) so if anyway wants to be my 2nd for these competitions feel free to pm me and ill add you on.

Good luck everyone :)

31 minutes ago, MattF~ said:

Hi Guys (New here), I'm only after the one ticket for myself (all my friends are going im not a loner i swear) so if anyway wants to be my 2nd for these competitions feel free to pm me and ill add you on.

Good luck everyone :)

Worth keeping an eye out for very very last minute work/stewarding opportunity if you're looking to get there by yourself (can still spend most of the time with them!
Otherwise @ads1980, think you were saying you needed a comp buddy on the secret resales thread? Cheers for the timeout link btw!

43 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

Has everyone also seen this timeout/EE competition? http://www.timeout.com/london/music/win-glastonbury-festival-tickets-2016

Also another one on Radio x - not sure of the closing date http://www.radiox.co.uk/win/win-tickets-to-glastonbury-festival-2016/

Never apologise! The timeout one is new to this thread :) Also Radio X closes on the 30th if anyone needed to know

45 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

Thanks for the Time Out.... I so wished it was 2pac :sorry:

5 hours ago, AnniMB said:

I've been sitting for the last 5 mins with the site map and this open trying to match up West Holts lol.  I think i'd be better sticking a pin on the proverbial donkey!

Wondering if this map might be helpful as its more detailed. 
Charm x

http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/2015-FINAL-ACCESS-MAP-v2.jpg

3 hours ago, bennyboi said:

They are all the same and the answer appears to be C9 I looked in western daily and the bristol post and its the same pic

Thanks. Do you think they are treating them as seperate competitions? I have the western daily press at home but I'm not in the Bristol catchment so can't tell. Don't want to enter "twice" and get disqualified.

4 minutes ago, LittleA said:

Thanks. Do you think they are treating them as seperate competitions? I have the western daily press at home but I'm not in the Bristol catchment so can't tell. Don't want to enter "twice" and get disqualified.

Do you have any contact details to be able to check?

4 minutes ago, LittleA said:

Almost certainly not.