Pub Crawl on Thursday

Travis Tee

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 26/04/2016 at 4:18 PM, Travis Tee said:

Here we go, I need more precise locations on some bars, apparently Cornish Arms won't be there this year

2016v1-2.png

Bread and roses is not where you have put it...what you have highlighted is the Chameleon bar :)

It's the 2nd one down from left field and cornish arms is on that map next to Leftfield so will be surprised if not there

Edited by shoptildrop

39 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Anyone know of some really good cocktail bars ? My 3rd year and never really wondered the pubs 

Quite a few actually 

Cornish arms

Cockatoo at bottom of T&C field

Bimble Inn

Rocket lounge

Beat hotel

There are others but can't remember the names lol

• 2 weeks later...

There was a cocktail bar doing Apple Crumble cocktails complete with with dry ice in 2014. They were mega sweet and quite lethal. Might've been Bread and Roses......not sure. I recommended the frozen strawberry daquiris at the Rocket Lounge very highly, it's a must do....

21 minutes ago, billum said:

Ah that must be Just A Couple of Mums! Glad to report that they're back at the Spike this year, Thursday Friday and Saturday afternoons

They're on my "want to see list".  Is the Village Inn the same as the Spike?

35 minutes ago, billum said:

Ah that must be Just A Couple of Mums! Glad to report that they're back at the Spike this year, Thursday Friday and Saturday afternoons

That's excellent news, they were so much fun last time.  
Charm x

28 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

They're on my "want to see list".  Is the Village Inn the same as the Spike?

Different bars. Village Inn is the 'english pub'-type bar between the Pyramid Field and the Cider Bus. Never been in there tbh!

Spike is in the trees by the railway track in the Glade area. Easy to spot in the dark as they have a brilliant great big mirror ball lighting up the trees, a treehouse bar, and pizza! You can get in from the Glade or the railway line, lovely area

25 minutes ago, billum said:

Different bars. Village Inn is the 'english pub'-type bar between the Pyramid Field and the Cider Bus. Never been in there tbh!

Spike is in the trees by the railway track in the Glade area. Easy to spot in the dark as they have a brilliant great big mirror ball lighting up the trees, a treehouse bar, and pizza! You can get in from the Glade or the railway line, lovely area

Thanks.   The reason I asked was that you said they were on at the Spike but on the lineup they're listed as on at the Village Inn - but now I can see they're on at both - yay!  Better chance of catching them then!

9 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Thanks.   The reason I asked was that you said they were on at the Spike but on the lineup they're listed as on at the Village Inn - but now I can see they're on at both - yay!  Better chance of catching them then!

Oh I see! That's great, so there's twice as many chances of seeing them (and I've got an excuse to go somewhere never ventured before!)

In fact I'm just beginning to suspect that there might be more than 'Just A Couple' of Mums! They are indeed on at the Spike Friday at 4-5:30PM, but *also* on at the Village Inn from 5-7PM. Hmmm, maybe someone does a bit of babysitting for the last half hour of the Spike set...

Edited by billum
clash noticed

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

And your description of the Spike makes me want to go there - it was already on my list but it's a definite now (well as much as anything is!)

It's a magical place! (Amongst several other magical places, though, it has to be said...)