Your Dream Line up

dreader1988

My ultimate would be.... 

Friday: Pearl Jam - with Chris Cornell joining them for the encore effectively reuniting Temple of The Dog

Saturday: Springsteen and E Street - I don't care what anyone says, he's the greatest live performer ever and I'd have him back any day (doesn't play Outlaw Pete though)

Legends: Phil Collins

Sunday: Phish on West Holts

And then throw in Tom Waits anywhere on the bill that doesn't clash with that lot, and I'm done.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

And then throw in Tom Waits anywhere on the bill that doesn't clash with that lot, and I'm done.

If Tom Waits every were to play (we can dream), what slot would he get? Only place I can see him fitting is sub like Leonard Cohen. He'd be such a big coup that he would only play the Pyramid, but he's not really well known enough or pop enough to fit in with the recent legends slot sorts.

13 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If Tom Waits every were to play (we can dream), what slot would he get? Only place I can see him fitting is sub like Leonard Cohen. He'd be such a big coup that he would only play the Pyramid, but he's not really well known enough or pop enough to fit in with the recent legends slot sorts.

I agree completely. Ultimately I'm imagining the secret piano bar at 2 a.m.  Of course after the fact I'd be convinced that I'd imagined the whole thing.

8 hours ago, chestwig said:

I was at that v. Traffic was so bad I had to get back for work on Monday and leave early. Big regret as I missed Radiohead. 

i did make the Oxford homecoming gig at the end of amnesiac tour, amazing set. Still have the old South Park tshirt with all the band members as South Park characters. Remember all the lightening at the end of that gig? Proper atmospheric ending!!!

The whole crowd were shouting for just but they did the bends (my favourite radiohead tune) and the heavens open. 

The nme stated in their review that "the bends went off like a nuclear reactor". It was amazing that gig. 

14 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Well I was there too. I saw them at Glastonbury '94 which was incredible, but I've got to say Finsbury was the better performance. They had more material and the atmosphere as you say was indeed very special. I think you saw them pretty much at their best.

That's good to know.  I remember seeing a gig in LA televised on MTV in the 90's, think it was the home leg of the Evil Empire Tour, and it looked incredible.  I'd have given a testicle to be in that pit.

Friday - Radiohead - fingers crossed for "special guests" this year

Sat - Neil Young - absolutely smashed it last time would love the same again!

Sunday - Fleetwood Mac - gotta happen sometime surely

Legends - Phil Collins - guilty pleasure

5 hours ago, Oldredeyes said:

The whole crowd were shouting for just but they did the bends (my favourite radiohead tune) and the heavens open. 

The nme stated in their review that "the bends went off like a nuclear reactor". It was amazing that gig. 

Yup, that was an incredible gig. I still get goose pimples when I think about it. 

Very soggy coach ride back to London after! 

Pyramid

Friday: Pearl Jam, Royal Blood, Nas, Chris Cornell

Saturday: Kendrick Lemar, Foals, Dr Dre, Babymetal

Sunday: Daft Punk, Hans Zimmer, Van Halen, Seal

Other

Friday: Disclosure, Flying Lotus, Lykke Li

Saturday: Iron Maiden, Rammstein

Sunday: Sade, Lianne La Havas

West Holts

Friday: Kraftwerk, Bonobo, Andreya Triana

Saturday: Ennio Morricone, Erykah Badu, Andrian Younge

Sunday: Tom Waits, D'Angelo, Robert Glasper

John Peel

Friday: Slaves

Saturday: Aphex Twin

Sunday: DJ Premier

The Park

Friday: Clint Mansell

Saturday: John Frusciante

Sunday: Mastodon

Edited by eonerf

56 minutes ago, eonerf said:

Pyramid

Friday: Pearl Jam, Royal Blood, Nas, Chris Cornell

Saturday: Kendrick Lemar, Foals, Dr Dre, Babymetal

Sunday: Daft Punk, Hans Zimmer, Van Halen, Seal

Other

Friday: Disclosure, Flying Lotus, Lykke Li

Saturday: Iron Maiden, Rammstein

Sunday: Sade, Lianne La Havas

West Holts

Friday: Kraftwerk, Bonobo, Andreya Triana

Saturday: Ennio Morricone, Erykah Badu, Andrian Younge

Sunday: Tom Waits, D'Angelo, Robert Glasper

John Peel

Friday: Slaves

Saturday: Aphex Twin

Sunday: DJ Premier

The Park

Friday: Clint Mansell

Saturday: John Frusciante

Sunday: Mastodon

Oh my, John Frusciante Headlining The Park would make me so happy. However, if he was clashing with Kendrick I'd be devastated (although I'd definitely go see Frusciante considering he rarely performs live and I've seen Kendrick already)

Put a bit more thought into it and came up with a full Pyramid Stage lineup

Friday: Radiohead, Foals, Frank Ocean, HAIM, PJ Harvey, Vintage Trouble, Rival Sons, Tim Minchin

Saturday: Kate Bush, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Sia, Bon Iver, Wolf Alice, Rodrigo y Gabriella, Nneka, Adam Cohen

Sunday: Kendrick Lamar, The Specials, Paolo Nutini, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, The John Butler Trio, The Pogues, Joan Armatrading, Beardyman

1 hour ago, Roger1 said:

To be fair if you were to ask Joe public for the dream set of headliners you wouldn't be far off what we have this year.

That's the problem with Glastonbury, they let fucking anyone in. They should start only giving registration numbers to people who submit 50,000 word essays on Captain Beefheart, Billie Holiday, Kraftwerk, Fela Kuti, Bjork and Can, that'll sort out the wheat from the chaff.