OnBlackheath Festival 2016

DDave

On 3/2/2016 at 0:28 AM, russycarps said:

The trafalgar tavern on the Thames is a historic old pub with good views but I'm not sure what the foods like. There are loads of places near that hotel though so you can't go wrong really

Food is decent but pricey for what it is really. I like it in general as a drinking place though, its not overly touristy really and has decent selection of beer. Plus sitting in the window or outside on a sunny day is just brilliant!

The Spanish Galleon is decent to around that area, nice selection of beer but its a bit dark for the day time, especially if you have nice weather. (Does good fish and chips to).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, fadeinout said:

Hi all, I've got tickets for the Sunday, just wondered if anyone thinks more acts will be announced.  Must admit I'm going mainly for Squeeze and to see them on their home turf.

Looking at last years line-up there were 6 bands on the main stage and currently looks like there are currently 4 announced so might get a couple more if we're lucky.  

8 hours ago, fadeinout said:

Hi all, I've got tickets for the Sunday, just wondered if anyone thinks more acts will be announced.  Must admit I'm going mainly for Squeeze and to see them on their home turf.

Yeah looking forward to a bit of squeeze. They were at Wickerman last year but for reasons unknown I only caught the last couple of tunes. James new album is getting rave reviews and I saw belle and Sebastian last June and they were well good :-)

8 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Looking at last years line-up there were 6 bands on the main stage and currently looks like there are currently 4 announced so might get a couple more if we're lucky.  

Nice one lippy.

I thought that was our lot. You got your tickets sorted mate? 

Have booked a room at the Novotel for the Sat night, as plan to come down and make a weekend of it. How far is the hotel from the festival site, and what time do things normally kick off each day?  Anyone else think it a strange decision that James are playing before B&S on Sun night?  Especially with James having another new album out this year, I thought they'd be headliners over B&S

Edited by andytommo

17 minutes ago, zahidf said:

more bands added. st etitenne and edwyn collins added to sunday's second stage

Oh good stuff. Putting St Etienne against Belle and Sebastian seems like a strange decision though...pretty sure that is going to appeal to exactly the same crowd 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2016 at 8:28 AM, Flaminglippy said:

Only just noticed Roachford is on Sunday...how did I miss that!? Fingers crossed doesnt clash so can have Roachford, Squeeze, James & Belle and Sebastian back-to-back. 

Didn`t realise Roachford were still on the go. I`m up for this :dancing:

13 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah...he is always good live. Just as long doesn't clash with Squeeze. The Sunday's shaping up pretty nicely 

Roachford - Squeeze - James - B&S would be perfect in the sunshine :)

I`m on the train so no driving gloves required but this will be me as we approach London.......

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Anything serious or just the usual loo/queues stuff?

Queues and Loos were fine. Just people laying picnic blankets too close to the stage and parents being irresponsible letting their kids sleep on the floor right in front of the stage in the dark. They need to enforce an exclusion zone where no blankets can be put down.

The organisation of the festival was very good overall. Pity they can't do anything about the people who are more interested in the food than the music.

21 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Queues and Loos were fine. Just people laying picnic blankets too close to the stage and parents being irresponsible letting their kids sleep on the floor right in front of the stage in the dark. They need to enforce an exclusion zone where no blankets can be put down.

The organisation of the festival was very good overall. Pity they can't do anything about the people who are more interested in the food than the music.

Ahhh...great thanks. Can't see that going down well with Bobby Gillespie either when the Primals are on. 

Sounds like people who just don't know how festivals work. We're taking our 1 year old but there is no way we'll let her lie on the floor in the moshpit!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...