Flaminglippy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Meh! Bit underwhelming for Sunday night headliner. Jurassic 5 saves the announcement though!

Was a lot for me in there:

Kodaline, Mystery Jets, Neck Deep, Coasts, DMA's, Eliza and the Bear

I'd never heard of Jurassic 5 haha, don't know if that reflects on my age...

11 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Was a lot for me in there:

Kodaline, Mystery Jets, Neck Deep, Coasts, DMA's, Eliza and the Bear

I'd never heard of Jurassic 5 haha, don't know if that reflects on my age...

Yeah...loads of stuff lower down. Blossoms being one. Think I'll be spending a lot of time checking out some of the other stuff.

Jurassic 5 are awesome. Check out 'Concrete Schoolyard'.

Not a fan of Kodaline and don't know Jurassic 5 but Neck Deep and Mystery Jets are two additions that gets me interested to the already decent lineup for the price and considering I live in Swindon seems to close to miss out on. Only problem is I only have 2 days holiday left at work and want to do 2 more festivals including this one so thinking about leaving after Kodaline as I don't rate them. Does anyone know when the stage splits came out last year? 

12 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Jurassic 5 tracks i would recommend What's Golden and Thin Line. There's only 4 of them now though should rename Jurassic 4 ha ha. 

I looked at Truck and wayyyy too many younger acts for me, Catfish and Kodaline, I can't think of two worse headliners in that genre.

Been 3 or 4 times now and its always quality. Very good for new bands and a 3 day fest for £100 can't be sniffed at...plus you can take you own booze and food in the arena so even cheaper. Good crowd as well....quite laid back. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, foolee said:

When did this sell out last year? Looking at going and don't want to miss out but don't have the cash at the minute. 

Just tried to look back and couldn't find owt. Think it was a few weeks before from memory so you should be OK for a bit. 

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Just tried to look back and couldn't find owt. Think it was a few weeks before from memory so you should be OK for a bit. 

Thank you! I'm sure they'll post something when it's close to say it's almost sold out to give it that final push. I hope anyway. Surprised it's not already sold out for the acts announced and such a small capacity.

Edited by foolee

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Thank you! I'm sure they'll post something when it's close to say it's almost sold out to give it that final push. I hope anyway. Surprised it's not already sold out for the acts announced and such a small capacity.

Yeah...that said they've posted a few times on Facebook saying tickets are selling faster than last year so might be worth keeping an eye on it. From memory they're quite good at letting people know when tickets are running low though. 

The Nest stage announced. 

Fri - Neck Deep, Moose Blood, Lonely The Brave, Creeper, Black Peaks, Monarks

Sat - Basement, Ian (Hinted to be Palma Violets or Slaves), Spring King, Public Access TV, Tired Lion , Traams, Shame, Virgin Kids, Shark Dentist

Sun - We Are The Ocean, Gnarwolves, Vant, Johnny Foreigner, Get Inuit, Yndi Halda, Oh Boy!, Cassels, Happy Accidents

On 3/30/2016 at 8:48 PM, thewayiam said:

We Are The Ocean, DMA's and Coasts are decent additions. It's not half bad for £90 but Kodaline is shite for a headliner.

Y Not looks so much better this year than last.

IAN is palma violets - they played the new 2Q festival in Derby listed as IAN. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, foolee said:

20% of tickets left, when do we think tickets will sell out? Getting ours on Wednesday but our friend can only get hers next Friday, do you think she'll be okay todo do?

It's always more difficult for festivals to sell out last remaining tickets. 

All the big announcements have already been made. So they are unlikely to sell out fast. 

2 hours ago, craigb said:

It's always more difficult for festivals to sell out last remaining tickets. 

All the big announcements have already been made. So they are unlikely to sell out fast. 

That's great thank you.

Do you think they capacity has been increased from 3,000 because I can't see that with the caliber of acts this year they couldn't sell that many.

Just seen this on their website

"Maximum of 24 cans of beer or cider, AND up to 1L of spirit or wine per person.
Alcohol can only be taken into the festival on first entry. No re-entry with alcohol."

Continuing to do their best to piss of the locals it seems, hope for their sake that the market can support just another budget festival - reckon after this year they will have killed off any loyalties....