Truck 2016

Flaminglippy

On 12/07/2016 at 6:11 PM, andy85 said:

Perhaps I'm being a tad harsh. There was still a good feeling around the place but I do feel, with the increased capacity, its different. Not too much that I'd be at all concerned though. This was still mine and the partner's choice for a chilled out festival. I guess it comes with the territory, any event which basically triples in size will be different.

But I do think this years lineup was aimed squarely at the 16-20 group.

You hit the nail on the head mate. The Friday when we got there was surrounded by teenagers, completely different to 2 years ago, and started to regret it slightly. That said, didn't see any trouble whatsoever the whole weekend. Everybody was absolutely sound. We had a festival virgin with us (who is 49) and she said she couldn't believe how polite and friendly all the youngsters were. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been going to truck since the second one and it's always been a very young crowd, as for a lot of local kids it's traditionally seen as their first festival away from mum and dad so they get a bit of freedom. It's always been a bit of a thing at Truck but some years you just seem to notice it more than most, and I do agree that it's particularly noticeable in the campsite now. 

I do miss the early days of Truck before it started to get popular though - it was better when the security team consisted of two blokes sitting on a sofa getting stoned all day! 

Edited by onionterror