2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

I'd say ymas are too big for this, they play headline shows bigger than the festival. 

I wouldn't mind lower than Atlantis, but there's much better bands I'd rather headline instead. 

Could Deaf Havana return to headline with the new album or is it too soon since they last played? 

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Is Jimmy Eats the World suitable for this? Keep seeing them announced for fests in June/July.

Actually Jimmy Eat World ain't a bad shout. If they're not doing Download I can see them doing this.

EDIT: Actually scratch that. Twin Atlantic did both last year. Really reckon JEW could be the other headliner now

2 hours ago, tyranicide said:

I'd say ymas are too big for this, they play headline shows bigger than the festival. 

I wouldn't mind lower than Atlantis, but there's much better bands I'd rather headline instead. 

Could Deaf Havana return to headline with the new album or is it too soon since they last played? 

Not Deaf Havana. A dull band and who were dull in 2014 anyway I don't think they'll be back. I mean Frank Turner has headlined the festival a few times but he loves trees so that's probably the reason and even though a few artists who have headlined do come back but they didn't headline. (Can someone confirm this, I think this is true but not 100% sure)

Edited by justanothername

• 4 weeks later...

So the announcement has been moved to Wednesday but 38 bands to be announced. Who do we think will be there?

I'm thinking Turbowolf, The Wonder Years, Creeper, Future of the Left, The Kills, Fightstar, Feeder, Blood Red Shoes, Pulled Apart By Horses, Blood Command, Lower Than Atlantis, Everything Everything, Marmozets, Editors and The Subways must all have decent chances.

Although a fair few would have to headline.

Edited by SOAD

18 hours ago, SOAD said:

So the announcement has been moved to Wednesday but 38 bands to be announced. Who do we think will be there?

I'm thinking Turbowolf, The Wonder Years, Creeper, Future of the Left, The Kills, Fightstar, Feeder, Blood Red Shoes, Pulled Apart By Horses, Blood Command, Lower Than Atlantis, Everything Everything, Marmozets, Editors and The Subways must all have decent chances.

Ah Editors really a 2000 Trees band?

28 minutes ago, SOAD said:

Was a bit more of a push and hope with them to be honest. The rest seem suitable though.

Personally I'm hoping for better. I really enjoyed Saturday last year though, well worth £40. 

Taking my own drink in is what is the biggest appeal and due to the size, even camped to the right as you enter the ticket gate isn't far away at all.

42 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Personally I'm hoping for better. I really enjoyed Saturday last year though, well worth £40. 

Taking my own drink in is what is the biggest appeal and due to the size, even camped to the right as you enter the ticket gate isn't far away at all.

Its a great festival. Only done one year but loved everything about it. My ideal headliners this year would be Jimmy Eat World or Brand New. However Jimmy are a Reading exclusive and dont see Brand New coming over just for 2000 trees.

Edited by SOAD

1 minute ago, SOAD said:

Its a great festival. Only done one year but loved everything about it. My ideal headliners this year would be Jimmy Eat World or Brand New. However Jimmy are a Reading exclusive and dont see Brand New coming over just for 2000 trees.

Yup, easy to get to the front for headliners, clean toilets although not loads of portaloos, haystacks are yhe cheap of the cheap for urinals mind you.

What camping is the 1st section closed off that you get to after car parking but before entrance where people are camped with cars?

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yup, easy to get to the front for headliners, clean toilets although not loads of portaloos, haystacks are yhe cheap of the cheap for urinals mind you.

What camping is the 1st section closed off that you get to after car parking but before entrance where people are camped with cars?

Not sure. Maybe VIP? I camped about 20 metres away from the Cave. Was great. Right near to Axiom and Forest. Only walk was to main stage and that was minimal.

9 minutes ago, SOAD said:

Not sure. Maybe VIP? I camped about 20 metres away from the Cave. Was great. Right near to Axiom and Forest. Only walk was to main stage and that was minimal.

Yeah, takes about 5 mins from the Cave to main at the very max. Some decent good huts. Understaffed bars mind and standard bar fest prices for cheaper stuff....but that can be cured to an extent by taking your own 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah, takes about 5 mins from the Cave to main at the very max. Some decent good huts. Understaffed bars mind and standard bar fest prices for cheaper stuff....but that can be cured to an extent by taking your own 

Yeah the bars were ridiculous. Only went twice and both times I had to wait at least 30 mins. Then when I got there tons was out of stock anyway. Was strange as the bars at a arctangent were great. Ill give the bars another go at the fest but think will stick with my own alcohol for the majority like last time.

1 hour ago, SOAD said:

Yeah the bars were ridiculous. Only went twice and both times I had to wait at least 30 mins. Then when I got there tons was out of stock anyway. Was strange as the bars at a arctangent were great. Ill give the bars another go at the fest but think will stick with my own alcohol for the majority like last time.

Yeah man! To be honest I only went for a day and wasn't greatly aware of the alcohol rules.

I would just run out and walk back 2 mins to my tent, grab a few and off I go again. 

On 04/02/2017 at 3:10 PM, SOAD said:

What makes you think The Wonder Years are playing. I mean I'd love it if they played but have you got a reason why they might be at Trees?

3 hours ago, SOAD said:

Yeah bars sucked. Ran  of drink on the final night and took ages go get served. Moral of the story is to bring more alcohol :lol:

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I would just run out and walk back 2 mins to my tent, grab a few and off I go again. 

Yeah this is what I did. Was great.