Slam Dunk 2016

justanothername

1 hour ago, oneoftherest said:

If we all clubbed in a few thousand we could probably become a pretty big pop punk band, it's pretty easy nowadays. Look at all the new British exports neck deep, ROAM, WSTR, Trash Boat, As It Is.

3 of 5  recorded with Seb Barlow, all five used Inception PR. And you can hire Seb to write you songs so yeah, if anyone wants to become a successful pop punk band, all you need is to be able to play a guitar and have some cash laying about.

So this is why has no one gone for the best one of the lot aka Gnarwolves

Edited by justanothername

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah the basement can be quite heavy, but I just spent my night in the main room. I only went for the first time back in December. As I walked in they were playing Wasting Time by Four Year Strong and I looked at my mate and said, "We've been missing out" :lol: 

Yup. I discovered it 3/4 years ago on a stag do away. Only downside is they won't often include wnough chart friendly rock....but then that's not what it is I guess. Can be quite pricey mind. Often make use of The Pit & Pendulum up there as well.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yup. I discovered it 3/4 years ago on a stag do away. Only downside is they won't often include wnough chart friendly rock....but then that's not what it is I guess. Can be quite pricey mind. Often make use of The Pit & Pendulum up there as well.

You find Rock City pricey? I find it really good value. £2.50 a beer is great compared to most clubs. Great shout on the Pit and Pendulum, btw! This is now just making me want to go to Nottingham for the weekend :P 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You find Rock City pricey? I find it really good value. £2.50 a beer is great compared to most clubs. Great shout on the Pit and Pendulum, btw! This is now just making me want to go to Nottingham for the weekend :P 

I don't drink beer though, cider or spirit man so it can be more so.

• 2 weeks later...

So are they doing a stage a day then or do we reckon we could potentially get the full stage splits in Kerrang tomorrow? Also they added a few acts with each of the announced stage splits so more soon I guess

Also when does the North date tend to sell out. My best mate has said he is going now (still needs to get his ticket mind) and so I'm pretty much on aboard for going but I'm just waiting on my exam timetable which will be out in 2 weeks time. Would hate to find out I can go then to see it's sold out.

11 hours ago, justanothername said:

So are they doing a stage a day then or do we reckon we could potentially get the full stage splits in Kerrang tomorrow? Also they added a few acts with each of the announced stage splits so more soon I guess

Also when does the North date tend to sell out. My best mate has said he is going now (still needs to get his ticket mind) and so I'm pretty much on aboard for going but I'm just waiting on my exam timetable which will be out in 2 weeks time. Would hate to find out I can go then to see it's sold out.

A post on their Facebook said that the expect North and South to sell out by the end of April and Midlands should be ok until v close to the event, as it's got the larger capacity.

Think the acoustic stage could be better if they get some of the other bands at the festival playing to a 2nd acoustic set.

Anyway I think that is the last on the names now. The full poster doesn't have the "more names to be announced" bit at the bottom now. But I guess next week we can start to vaguely plan out my day

Edited by justanothername

20 hours ago, justanothername said:

Think the acoustic stage could be better if they get some of the other bands at the festival playing to a 2nd acoustic set.

Anyway I think that is the last on the names now. The full poster doesn't have the "more names to be announced" bit at the bottom now. But I guess next week we can start to vaguely plan out my day

I agree, would have been good to see a few bands doing acoustic sets too.