festis line ups good ones and bad

guypjfreak

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Big hit wise taylor wrote kind of magic and radio ga ga. 

All his early stuff he sang himself - i too love 'I'm in love with my car' despite its ridiculousness - so none of them were singles. I'd love to know if freddie thought they were shit so refused to sing them or if taylor didn't want anyone else singing his songs. Or none of the above. 

Ah I didnt realise he wrote those, though I'm not much of a fan of kind of magic.

I reckon it was just a case of freddie being happy for the other band members to share the limelight. May always used to sing a song didnt he? (that 39 song plus did he sing a bit of love of my life? Might be wrong there).

John deacon wrote some crackers too. Spread your wings is well ace (as is the jacket freddie wears in the video..)

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Freddie also wrote both Lap of the Gods...

ah shit, my bad. Adam lambert made a good fist of that song when I saw them

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think there's a 'right' answer to this.

It's neither Queen nor is it - given the presence of May and Taylor singing and playing songs that they wrote with the band - an ersatz karaoke version of Queen.

Schroedinger's Queen?

Bless the people trying to argue Queen aren't camp because their videos include tits and motorbikes ;)

Queen are camp as fuck, clue's in the name. And every single other thing about them.

I'm surprised there's so much love for them actually, I think they're a pretty terrible band.

My mother in law loved Freddie Mercury and, even when he died, refused to accept he was gay. In her eyes, with the moustache, the hairy chest, the leather trousers and braces he was the epitome of pure manly heterosexual godliness!

15 minutes ago, mrf said:

My mother in law loved Freddie Mercury and, even when he died, refused to accept he was gay. In her eyes, with the moustache, the hairy chest, the leather trousers and braces he was the epitome of pure manly heterosexual godliness!

Not camp! ;)

Edited by stuartbert two hats

31 minutes ago, mrf said:

What's the problem with the hairy chest?