Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

4 hours ago, calaix said:

DJ Coco has set up a 2016 forum thread on the official site this morning and posted 'coming soon'

Someone over there has confirmed what I said about the line-up going out this week. However, this person said that some bands fell off the line-up recently and there's been a bit of a headache to book replacements.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Albert.EA said:

Someone over there has confirmed what I said about the line-up going out this week. However, this person said that some bands fell off the line-up recently and there's been a bit of a headache to book replacements.

For anyone not on there, Gabi Ruiz is back on the forum and replied to the rumour Albert mentions with (using google translate):

"Hahaha ... Deep Throat? The poster is closed for some time and the announcement date is the same as ever. 
Good night, indeed. I have recovered password."

:D

Edited by weston24

1 hour ago, weston24 said:

For anyone not on there, Gabi Ruiz is back on the forum and replied to the rumour Albert mentions with (using google translate):

"Hahaha ... Deep Throat? The poster is closed for some time and the announcement date is the same as ever. 
Good night, indeed. I have recovered password."

:D

Yes, that's what he said. Google translate did an alright job this time. 

47 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

So when's the date? The 21st?

Yes, we can expect the line-up to be out on the 21st.

14 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

IMG_20160119_175615.jpg

Man, they're sure strong on the 'heritage' part. Stevie Wonder, Young, Costello, Paul Simon, Van Morrison and Steeley Dan on the same lineup... not to mention Buddy Guy, The Isley Brothers, etc. You know it's an old lineup when it makes PJ and Beck look like younger artists... but still, undeniable quality in almost all of these names.

11 hours ago, spoilsbury said:

Elvis Costello? Is that really something PS would book?

Sure they will, why not? Costello is a great artist and has very high 'indie credibility' or whatever it is that makes bands fit primavera. I know Pitchfork isn't always indicative, but he has 3 albums with 9.5 or above on Pitchfork - with 'This Year's Model' getting a perfect 10. And maybe his second masterpiece, 'Imperial Bedroom', wasn't reviewed, I'd say it has a solid chance of 10.0 as well.

Looking at the GB and Bonaroo line ups, LCD could play Barcelona and Porto if they do the first night at Porto and last night at Bonaroo. Same goes for Tame Impala (could explain the late night set)

Bands ruled out as they're playing both:

Haim, Father John Misty, Two Door Cinema Club, M83, Miguel, Big Grams, Lord Huron, Purity Ring, VInce Staples, Misterwives, Fidlar, Marian Hill, The Knocks, Bully, London Souls, Whilk and Misky, 

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:43 AM, weston24 said:

There hasn't been a delay in announcing the line up, last year it was announced on Jan 21st and Jan 28th in 2014. There just hasn't been an announcement of the date or any sign of a gimmick, maybe as Radiohead will be enough to get attention.

I thought there was a strong suggestion that it was going to be the 11th after the last price hike. https://www.primaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?origen=ps&id=1415 but well ok let's hope it's soon... and hopefully a straightforward listing not just an annoying game app that gradually reveals the artists- if you can be arsed to do it.