Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

I don't know whether they're announcing or not some names tonight (to me it sounds more like a marketing-joking around-promo tweet for the night), but what I do know is that ticket holders of the Primavera previous year editions are always given free entry to Apolo. 

Anyway, I've been told that the whole line-up will be announced next Thursday. I personally think that it does make sense. I hope it's true; the guy who told me is a reliable source. 

Edited by Albert.EA

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Bort said:

Here's hoping. I'll be in Vegas and a great lineup would be a good way to celebrate. 

Could the timing coincide with Radiohead's upcoming whatever?

http://citizeninsane.tumblr.com/post/137371152260/lp9

Alright, it's starting to get difficult not to get my hopes for Radiohead too high. Got a feeling I can only be dissapointed.

Edited by neontiger8

I was wondering where everyone had gone on the official Primavera forum!  Hardly any buzz on the english forum over there so nice to see & read all the anticipation on here :)

I would love to see Brian Wilson at Primavera this year, Pet Sounds in the auditorium!  Iggy Pop & Elvis Costello too.  Flying Lotus is due an appearance surely?  I don't think they have any excuse for a lacklustre line up this year, so much great music out there at the moment...  Protomartyr, Floating Points, Sauna Youth, Jessica Pratt, Cate Le Bon, Max Richter, Badbadnotgood, Kamasi Washington, FKA Twigs, Ezra Furman are all acts i would love to see & quite a few that i do believe have never played the festival.

Disclosure? Are they also rumoured to be collaborating with Radiohead? :)

The only thing I heard so far was "All gone quiet. Was due end of this week". I've chased and if I hear more, will share...

I wish they were linked. It feels to soon for them to be touring the album but would love it If I'm wrong. I've followed Radiohead since PH, not seeing until a tiny gig in Dublin in 2013, where embarrassingly Ed walked into the cafe I was in and I didn't recognise him (though at least I later met Thom crossing a bridge) . Have no agenda other than to share any news.

Why too soon? Let's say they release the album next week before the Primavera lineup is announced and that they are headlining the festival they will have 4 months rehearsals that's more than enough (remember they played Glasto 2011 4 months after TKOL release?).

BTW long term fan as well here: seen them 30 times first one being 1995.

Fingers crossed and keep us updated if you hear any news (unless we all get to hear the album first ;) )

Edited by Ale_BlackSwan

Had a dream this morning where I saw Chelsea Wolfe in the auditori early on then the rest of the lineup was a blur until I got in a fight with some chatty assholes by me during Radiohead. Except in the dream that roof over the main concession area was over the whole fest, and there were lizard people skulking around.

Ha! Weird and wonderful!

Ale Black Swan, I totally hope you're right and by the way that's 25 times more than me! I just think there will be only one truly 'exciting' name at most, given the 'all stars' tag and that LCD are primed for that spot, plus Gabi said the lineup was locked down ages ago and I can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't feel likely.

Edited by calaix

2 hours ago, calaix said:

We did technically get a first confirmed announcement last night in fact. An alternative Spanish rock band called Vetusta Morla. Look pretty big in Spain and have toured some semi-decent places but they do only sing in Spanish. http://www.last.fm/music/Vetusta+Morla

Vetusta Morla will never play Primavera. Not in a million years. I don't know where you've read that, but I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm or a joke or something along those lines. Not that they sound the same, but Vetusta playing Primavera would be something like Muse or The Killers playing Primavera... 

Thanks Albert. There does seem to be a lot of sarcasm from Gabi and Inidies Cabreados (the source) and very hard to tell sometimes as limited Spanish speaker.

Hinds a Spanish band that will surely play at last. I spoke to the two singers in Portugal last Summer and they said their agent was on it.