Summer Of Love Fancy Dress

Bisque

Just got my ticket, now I'm stuck for fancy dress ideas! I can't really think of anything exciting & google images isn't giving me any ideas apart from floral nightmares.

Was thinking some flowery hippy clothes, accessories & winging it on Saturday.

Any suggestions & ideas would be really welcome.

i'm in the same boat as you - can't think of much else apart from your standard hippy-esque outfit (baggy pants, flowers everywhere, face paint etc). would love to do something extravagant and original, but apart from the whole getting it to the festival in one piece problem, i think this years theme is a little unoriginal in itself

i think this years theme is a little unoriginal in itself

I've never gone crazy with my fd at Bestival but I like to try & make an effort, not to fit in, just to do something different to the other fests I go to & it's the last one.

I'm going to hit the charidy shops for some old womens clothes, I think I might have one of those big afro wigs somewhere & I'll get someone to decorate me there. I'm packing really light (it's taken me this long to realise it can be done) so have a bit of room for fun stuff.

It's a rubbish theme alright. The only twist I've got is second summer of love (1988 acid house style). It's fun, easy to do and cheap. 

I went to Primark yesterday and got some horrible luminous shorts, etc (spent a fiver in total) and I ordered a tie dye smiley t-shirt from eBay. I've got a horribloe baseball cap and sunglasses, just need to get some beads and my face UV painted... reckon I'm just going to look like some prick from Shoreditch though!

reckon I'm just going to look like some prick from Shoreditch though!

I need to pop into Kingston to get my phone fixed (I inserted my micro sim into my iPhone without the little sim tray after Glastonbury) so will check out Primarni.

I'll be wearing my leather jacket as usual.

Let's try & keep this thread running for last minute ideas, still have time to do a bit of last minute shopping.

there are loads of ideas you could do if you wanted to go mad with it - i was thinking of dressing as a huge magic mushroom, but i don't have the time nor capability nor room in my bag to pull off such an idea. i'm betting that over 80% of people dressed up will be doing the same thing we're thinking of and just going dressed as some kind of vague hippy and doing peace signs whenever a camera's aimed their way

there are loads of ideas you could do if you wanted to go mad with it - i was thinking of dressing as a huge magic mushroom, but i don't have the time nor capability nor room in my bag to pull off such an idea. i'm betting that over 80% of people dressed up will be doing the same thing we're thinking of and just going dressed as some kind of vague hippy and doing peace signs whenever a camera's aimed their way

There's some student festival we have in Manchester uni that has a theme each time, last years theme was "summer of love" and I met 10 or so magic mushrooms, most of them were shit but some were actually okay. One was half wizard, half fungi and it looked pretty good

just gave 'summer of love' a google and the first thing that popped up was, ideally, this (not really a help at all though as it's the exact kind of thing (apart from maybe the second one...) we  all had in mind anyway)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/01/bestival-summer-of-love-theme-ideas_n_8053524.html

Yeah going for the second summer of love myself, got a denim jacket and a load of 90s rave patches I'm ironing on, and then a tie dye headband to go with it 

I was gonna go as a giant heart but it's a bit of a nightmare to get it on site - last year I went as a giant packet of Disco crisps and it went really well but I abandoned it after about three hours! 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2015/9/2 at 8:40 PM, FloorFiller said:

just gave 'summer of love' a google and the first thing that popped up was, ideally, this (not really a help at all though as it's the exact kind of thing (apart from maybe the second one...) we  all had in mind anyway)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/01/bestival-summer-of-love-theme-ideas_n_8053524.htmlsummer dresses

I like this style.