Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

11 hours ago, oxford20 said:

Would you recommend Villa Camp? Do you actually get any sleep in tent when sun comes up even with shade?

Villa Camp is ok. The facilities are pretty good for a camp site and worth paying the extra. However the shade only blocks the sun to some extent but it is still obviously really warm in the tents. We were getting back at 4 to 5am every morning and it wasn't easy to get a good nights sleep. 

We've got a hotel this time.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, wedgie said:

I know it's unlikely but Flaming Lips have announced a UK exclusive for wilderness fest and they're playing soft bulletin. Would absolutely love to see them added especially if they're playing that album

This.... about a billion times!

My son will be 21 on the Saturday of the festival - Can't imagine a better way to celebrate than watching Mr Coyne et al :)

Hi all! 
Was hoping I could get some friendly advice if possible? 

Me and my girlfriend are looking to go to Benni this year, we will be travelling from the Midlands and will probably stay in one of the hotels which are included in the "packages" section of the Beni website.

It looks like we will probably have to fly in to Valencia I think, what's the best method of getting to and from the festival to the Valencia airport? Renting a car isn't really an option as we're both relatively new drivers and unsure about driving on the other side of the road haha....

It's a shame we can't fly into the Castellon airport as that would make things much easier I think 

Any help would be mostly appreciated! 

Thanks,

EDIT: How difficult would it be to get to Beni from Valencia at 9pm in the evening as it seems that's what time our flight would land?

Edited by idioteque87

30 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Hi all! 
Was hoping I could get some friendly advice if possible? 

Me and my girlfriend are looking to go to Benni this year, we will be travelling from the Midlands and will probably stay in one of the hotels which are included in the "packages" section of the Beni website.

It looks like we will probably have to fly in to Valencia I think, what's the best method of getting to and from the festival to the Valencia airport? Renting a car isn't really an option as we're both relatively new drivers and unsure about driving on the other side of the road haha....

It's a shame we can't fly into the Castellon airport as that would make things much easier I think 

Any help would be mostly appreciated! 

Thanks,

EDIT: How difficult would it be to get to Beni from Valencia at 9pm in the evening as it seems that's what time our flight would land?

You can get the metro from Valencia airport to Valencia North station a taxi from airport to Beni around 100 euro , why can't you fly into  Castellon ?

I suppose I could fly into Castellon and then come back from Valencia? 

The return flight from Castellon is on the Sunday which is no good unfortunately! :( 

I think the only place I could get a flight to Castellon and back from Valencia is Stansted, London. God damn the flights are really complicated for this festival.

What are you all doing? 

Edited by idioteque87

2 hours ago, idioteque87 said:

I suppose I could fly into Castellon and then come back from Valencia? 

The return flight from Castellon is on the Sunday which is no good unfortunately! :( 

I think the only place I could get a flight to Castellon and back from Valencia is Stansted, London. God damn the flights are really complicated for this festival.

What are you all doing? 

Does this fit in with your flights to/from Valencia - this'll take you to directly from the airport to Benicassim and not too far from the festival site, for a cheap price http://www.eufest.com/festivals/beni/transport 

I'm flying to Castellon this year, for a week, Weds to Weds.

Oh, and another one here who would love to see the Flaming Lips play - hoping for Underworld too, and the Primals???

Edited by andytommo

2 hours ago, andytommo said:

I'd say when it opens on Monday, for best (I.e. shadiest!) plots.

Cheers, how long does it take for all the shade to be taken up? :P 

Gonna spend a couple of nights in Barca before/after so wondering when to fly out and then head down on the train 

47 minutes ago, Finboon said:

Anyone any ideas on when the next announcement should be made? Eager to find out, so I can plan the rest of my festivals accordingly

Could be a few weeks away yet i.e. April time. Glastonbury announce their line up then and everything seems to unfold from then.

55 minutes ago, mufc32 said:

Could be a few weeks away yet i.e. April time. Glastonbury announce their line up then and everything seems to unfold from then.

I asked on Friday and they said"we must wait a little time yet "

Just noticed that James have been confirmed to play at Mares Vivas in Porto on Sat 16th July, so it would be ace to have them back at Benicassim either on the Fri or Sat night, doing a set at a proper time.  They were brilliant 2 years ago, but 8pm on Thu night was ridiculous scheduling.  They could easily headline the 2nd stage on Friday night this year, while KL is appearing on the main stage.  Fingers crossed!!!