Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

1 hour ago, obamacares said:

Benicassim and Super Bock Super Rock (in Lisbon) share dates. The National are headliners in that festival... maybe they are headliners in Benicassim too?

Keep an eye on who gets put on the Latitude and Longitude bills too, as both of these festivals are the same weekend as Beni, and all 3 managed/run/contracted by Festival Nation. Last year there was a fair bit of duplication for FIB/Latitude. I can see Kendrick Lamar playing Longitude this weekend.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, first timer here! I'm going with 5 or 6 mates and hyped already! 

Just wondered if anyone had any tips for the camping side of things or for the general staying alive day to day with what to do and what not to do? 

Cheers guys and looking forward to seeing you all down there! 

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 0:36 PM, gedkelly said:

ALL I EVER POST ABOUT IS A WISH FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS , I GET INVOLVED TOO EARLY , NEXT YEAR I'M NOT BUYING EARLY , I DID SAY THAT LAST YEAR THOUGH

I WONDER , WHEN WILL WE SEEANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT ?

PM from them today Mr Kelly..."we'll give names soon! that poster was fake"

so hopefully sometime in the next week or so.

That's good news! Can't wait for some new names.
There's still two headliners left, right? Which names you'd say as headliners?

I think The National and Chemical Brothers would be awesome, I think The National will be next one 100% sure...

And for the rest I'd love to see AlunaGeorge, The Last Shadow Puppets, Father John Misty, Chet Faker, ...

What do you think? Other names?

*I'm new here, first year at Beni :)

Edited by devinwallace

44 minutes ago, devinwallace said:

That's good news! Can't wait for some new names.
There's still two headliners left, right? Which names you'd say as headliners?

I think The National and Chemical Brothers would be awesome, I think The National will be next one 100% sure...

And for the rest I'd love to see AlunaGeorge, The Last Shadow Puppets, Father John Misty, Chet Faker, ...

What do you think? Other names?

*I'm new here, first year at Beni :)

Got another PM this morning saying not this week though !!!!

The National seem to be favourite , would sell my youngest to see the Chemical Brothers there .

Last Shadow Puppets are strong contenders 

23 hours ago, gedkelly said:

Got another PM this morning saying not this week though !!!!

The National seem to be favourite , would sell my youngest to see the Chemical Brothers there .

Last Shadow Puppets are strong contenders 

Also add Slaves to the list , they removed a Beni related conversation from their fb page last night DA DA DAAAAAAA

i do hope so they make a great noise 

1 hour ago, LiamMcMillen said:

Wasn't that fake though? I could definitely see them there. I saw them six times last year and that were excellent each time. 

The poster is fake because I spoke to one of the other bands on it and they are definitely not playing Beni . But I now believe that Slaves will 

Nos Alive is looking unreal!! Chemical Brothers, Tame Impala, Foals and Pixies all big acts that I desperately wanna see this summer.. Thinking about doing nos Alive then flying from Lisbon to either barca or Alicante on the Sunday (last time I checked no flights to castellon from Lisbon, could've been released since) but im waiting until beni announce more until I decide because if we get chemical brothers and tame impala then I'll give nos alive a miss (pixies and foals at BBK). Kendrick, Major Lazer, Tame Impala and Chemical Brothers would be an unreal line up for me personally but I can't help but think it's lacking that stand out name big name that it needs to appeal to the general festival goer and also lacking generic indie band. Can't help but think if we get another cheaper headliner announced then stone roses are to come and that's what they've spent most of their budget on. If the last 2 headliners are 2 of The National, Tame Impala, chemical brothers and the stone roses then I will be ecstatic (maybe could even see a co headline with some of the acts except for stone roses). Some real potential for this line up and that's not even considering the great undercard potential.. Please pull it out of the bag Beni (and soon so I can decide what to do beforehand haha) 

Oh and in the primavera forum theres mention of an announcement on the 21st so that might rule out some other headline options.

Edited by wedgie

On 20/01/2016 at 0:25 AM, wedgie said:

Nos Alive is looking unreal!! Chemical Brothers, Tame Impala, Foals and Pixies all big acts that I desperately wanna see this summer.. Thinking about doing nos Alive then flying from Lisbon to either barca or Alicante on the Sunday (last time I checked no flights to castellon from Lisbon, could've been released since) but im waiting until beni announce more until I decide because if we get chemical brothers and tame impala then I'll give nos alive a miss (pixies and foals at BBK). Kendrick, Major Lazer, Tame Impala and Chemical Brothers would be an unreal line up for me personally but I can't help but think it's lacking that stand out name big name that it needs to appeal to the general festival goer and also lacking generic indie band. Can't help but think if we get another cheaper headliner announced then stone roses are to come and that's what they've spent most of their budget on. If the last 2 headliners are 2 of The National, Tame Impala, chemical brothers and the stone roses then I will be ecstatic (maybe could even see a co headline with some of the acts except for stone roses). Some real potential for this line up and that's not even considering the great undercard potential.. Please pull it out of the bag Beni (and soon so I can decide what to do beforehand haha) 

Oh and in the primavera forum theres mention of an announcement on the 21st so that might rule out some other headline options.

**I'm crying here at that Primavera line-up - it pretty much rules out Tame Impala, Suede, Last Shadow Puppets, LCD Soundsytem and Beach House from this years FIB bill (all of whom I was hoping would appear), if exclusivity contracts have been signed, which is generally the case** :( 

Hi guys,

Its going to be my first year at Benicassim this year, however im just a bit sceptical as to what its going to be like! i know it will be a whole different world to the muddy, wet, grimey Uk festivals Ive done. Just a few questions if you dont mind me asking, firstly ive just read that anyone under 18 has to be accompanied by there legal guardian over 18 is this true? also we are looking at staying in a hotel nearby or in a static caravan at a nearby holiday park, is this a good idea or just brave the sweaty camping? 

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Finboon said:

Hi guys,

Its going to be my first year at Benicassim this year, however im just a bit sceptical as to what its going to be like! i know it will be a whole different world to the muddy, wet, grimey Uk festivals Ive done. Just a few questions if you dont mind me asking, firstly ive just read that anyone under 18 has to be accompanied by there legal guardian over 18 is this true? also we are looking at staying in a hotel nearby or in a static caravan at a nearby holiday park, is this a good idea or just brave the sweaty camping? 

Cheers

Hotel or static caravan will make your overall experience of the festival a much nicer one, IMO, but obviously adds to the overall costs.

Re U18's, I've just CnP this off the FIB website;

6.2. The Organization establishes the following requirements in order to grant Access and permanence in the concert venue for attendees under 16:

i)Minors between 13 and 15 years of age must (a) be accompanied by an adult (b) must pay the ticket price established for his/her age group and (c) the adult, parent or legal guardian must fill in the document (download from here) in which he/she becomes fully responsible for the minor and exempts Maraworld, S.A. from any responsibility. Adults, parents and/or Legal guardians confirm the authenticity of all documentation presented to the Organization. Additional requisites require providing the Organization with the Family Book, ID or Passport, ID of adult, parent or legal guardian.

ii) For Spanish Nationals, if parent or legal guardian will not be accompanying the minor the parent or legal guardian must sign an authorization before the National Police or Guardia Civil. If the minor is from a foreign country or a country in the EU, they will have to present all documentation that certifies custody of the minor in accordance to the legislation that corresponds to their country of origin.

iii) Minors that are 12 or under must (a) be accompanied by their mother, father or legal guardian and (b) they will have to fill in a document in which they acknowledge themselves as being directly responsible for the minor, exempting MARAWORLD S.A. from any responsibility and confirming the authenticity of all documentation provided to the Organization. Additional requisites require the presentation of the Family Book, ID or Passport of the minor and ID or Passport of the parent or guardian. If the minor is from a foreign country or a country of the EU, the parent or legal guardian must present all documentation that certifies custody of the minor according to the legislation that corresponds to their country of origin. Lastly, minors must carry their accreditation on them during the duration of their stay in the venue and must be visible at all times. The accreditation must have their name, surname, nationality and the contact information of their mother, father or legal guardian and mobile number of the parent or legal guardian whose name is on the minor’s accreditation.

The Organization will have permission to make photocopies of the documentation turned in by adults, mother, father or legal guardian for their archives. Minors will be expelled if seen consuming alcoholic drinks or smoking tobacco. The Organization has a right to expel minors who infringe any of the previously mentioned requisites for access or permanence in the venue. Expulsion from festival grounds will not result in ticket refunds.

http://www.fiberfib.com/en/condiciones-generales-ve.php

HTH?

Cheers Andy, my friend will still be 17 when we go so just wanted to check! how big exactly is benicassim the town because one of the places we are looking at seems to be a fair distance from the festival site however with having not been there its hard to get a scale of perspective! its in the southern part of town if that helps?

Thanks for the help

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

**I'm crying here at that Primavera line-up - it pretty much rules out Tame Impala, Suede, Last Shadow Puppets, LCD Soundsytem and Beach House from this years FIB bill (all of whom I was hoping would appear), if exclusivity contracts have been signed, which is generally the case** :( 

What an amazing line up, if we end up with Mumford and Sons here I'm going to be devastated.. Don't think I've ever been so excited by the acts knocking around next summer! Shame primaveras in the middle of my exams, looks amazing (DIDNT KNOW AIR STILL TOURED!!) but luckily that means that all them bands are available for Glastonbury (sorry for being selfish)

1 hour ago, Finboon said:

Cheers Andy, my friend will still be 17 when we go so just wanted to check! how big exactly is benicassim the town because one of the places we are looking at seems to be a fair distance from the festival site however with having not been there its hard to get a scale of perspective! its in the southern part of town if that helps?

Thanks for the help

It's a fair-sized town. The closest landmarks to the festival site are the water-park and the Go Kart circuit.  If the static caravan/mobile home is at Bonterra Park, then you're only about 20-25 min walk from the festival site, or about 5min walk from a shuttle bus route to take you there (and bring you back in the early hours).  You know about the festival hours being 7pm-7am, with main stage headliners on at 1am?

7 hours ago, andytommo said:

It's a fair-sized town. The closest landmarks to the festival site are the water-park and the Go Kart circuit.  If the static caravan/mobile home is at Bonterra Park, then you're only about 20-25 min walk from the festival site, or about 5min walk from a shuttle bus route to take you there (and bring you back in the early hours).  You know about the festival hours being 7pm-7am, with main stage headliners on at 1am?

Yeah its close to there(i think...?) Yeah friends had mentioned its basically a night time jobby because of the heat!

Cheers for the help

4 hours ago, wedgie said:

Going to Nos Alive now with the addition of Radiohead then coming to benicassim straight after.. Really want national and stone roses to be announced now! Wouldn't be against seeing Chems twice in just over a week tho 

Really wouldn't be surprised to see TSR announced. I think the Prodigy will headline it too and ATDI could well play.

Kendrick Lamar must be the Sunday headliner seen as though he's at super bock super rock on 16th and longitude on the 15th and major Lazer are our Thursday headliner (unless we're in for a kendrick major Lazer co headline unlikely I know).. National have the Friday and Saturday free I believe and so do the stone roses (from what they've announced of course) so could definitely be them too.