Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Nessipessi said:

We stayed in Oropesa and getting a taxi to the festival was almost impossible. 

I have stayed in Oropesa for the last 6 festivals and have never had an issue getting a taxi , just get a barman to,order you one 

On 24/03/2016 at 9:01 PM, DeeJayCFC said:

Looking at finally going to Benicassim (using the better halves birthday as an excuse!) and looking for some advice on hotels. I have found a package (4 nights and standard ticket) through the Festicket website called NH Castellon Turcosa. 

Just wondered if anyone has ever stayed there or knows how far it is from the site? Ideally would like walking distance or a short taxi ride. 

Cheers

20 min drive away (too far too walk).  Due to cab queues (of 1 hour plus, often longer) between 3am-6am most nights, if you're staying Castellon, I'd recommend the shuttle bus service which is provided to and from the festival site - more info here; http://fiberfib.com/en/como-moverse.php (click on 'Shuttle Bus' for more info/times/prices....)

10 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Anyone know if there is more lineup announcements to come or is this as big as it gets? 

There are usually 70ish acts ( I just counted from an old poster ) so yes more to come I'd say , mostly Spanish bands and DJ's at a guess 

On 26/03/2016 at 0:39 PM, EamerRed said:

Anyone know if there is more lineup announcements to come or is this as big as it gets? 

There will be another 1 maybe 2 announcements.

Now that the day splits are out and the ticket instalment plan has been extende to 30 April I'd hazard a guess that the next announcement will be the final one and will be next month.

Have a holiday booked in Barcelona around this time so bought tickets for the Saturday of Benicassim. After seeing Chemical brothers at Creamfields last year im really keen to see them again so the timing of this was perfect for me!

How does the main-stage compare to other festivals? Looks medium sized on the map but im sure that's not an accurate 'to scale' map. Chemical brothers played on a massive stage at creamfields with huge visuals and it was amazing.  im just trying to get an idea of what their setup might be like at benicassim.

1 hour ago, wwinstanley said:

Have a holiday booked in Barcelona around this time so bought tickets for the Saturday of Benicassim. After seeing Chemical brothers at Creamfields last year im really keen to see them again so the timing of this was perfect for me!

How does the main-stage compare to other festivals? Looks medium sized on the map but im sure that's not an accurate 'to scale' map. Chemical brothers played on a massive stage at creamfields with huge visuals and it was amazing.  im just trying to get an idea of what their setup might be like at benicassim.

I've seen Arcade Fire , Stone Roses , Killers , Kasabian , Arctics and loads more on that stage and it's fine .

This is gonna be my first time at Beni, so any tips? Also any rumours on who is still to be announced, or the likely size of the acts still to be announced, ie is there any main stage acts still to come or is the poster a bit like RandL where it includes a mix of all stages? Cheers

On 23/02/2016 at 9:59 AM, idioteque87 said:

Hi all! 
Was hoping I could get some friendly advice if possible? 

Me and my girlfriend are looking to go to Benni this year, we will be travelling from the Midlands and will probably stay in one of the hotels which are included in the "packages" section of the Beni website.

It looks like we will probably have to fly in to Valencia I think, what's the best method of getting to and from the festival to the Valencia airport? Renting a car isn't really an option as we're both relatively new drivers and unsure about driving on the other side of the road haha....

It's a shame we can't fly into the Castellon airport as that would make things much easier I think 

Any help would be mostly appreciated! 

Thanks,

EDIT: How difficult would it be to get to Beni from Valencia at 9pm in the evening as it seems that's what time our flight would land?

Are you on the Manchester flight?

First time for Beni, can I ask what the ground is like at Beni? After breaking my ankle at V a few years ago I've found Glasto/Kendal hard work with the uneven ground? Hoping just to wear pumps/ trainers

Can you take booze into Beni or is it cheap enough to buy onsite?

First abroad festival so excited 

2 hours ago, IbizaPrincess said:

First time for Beni, can I ask what the ground is like at Beni? After breaking my ankle at V a few years ago I've found Glasto/Kendal hard work with the uneven ground? Hoping just to wear pumps/ trainers

Can you take booze into Beni or is it cheap enough to buy onsite?

First abroad festival so excited 

No booze into,the fest , full search before you,go in and it's very very expensive , 9 euro for a large beer (litre ) or spirit with mixer . We get pissed before we go and just top up .

25 minutes ago, IbizaPrincess said:

Thanks Ged!!

Great news on flat site, not so good on booze. I'm sure I read on one of the earlier pages it's 3€ a beer, was hoping for a bargain! Will definitely drink beforehand!

What time do you tend to head to the site? 

If you are camping the camp site paths are a bit uneven with rocks and stones on it. In the arena is flat and tarmaced. Again if camping you can bring your own booze into the campsite but in the arena you need to buy in there. 

All depends on who and when the acts you want to see you are on.

12 hours ago, IbizaPrincess said:

Thanks Ged!!

Great news on flat site, not so good on booze. I'm sure I read on one of the earlier pages it's 3€ a beer, was hoping for a bargain! Will definitely drink beforehand!

€3 (£2.40) is for 33cl, so two-thirds of a pint.  9€ (£7) is for those beer monsters, who like to drink 2 pint (1 litre) beers at a time.  On the plus, if you like Desperado, you can get a 33cl of this for €3, so a similar price to the same sized bottle of it in most places.  

First bands usually come one about 6.30-7.00pm, main stage headliners are on stage from 1am-2,30am each night, with usually another big 'dance' act doing a 3am-4am set each night. DJ's then play until about 6am-7am, when it finishes for the night.

12 hours ago, IbizaPrincess said:

Thanks Ged!!

Between bands go to the festival entrance where you can buy a can for €1.

Cheers guys!

So beer is pretty cheap then!

We are staying in a b&b and can walk in so im sure we will stop off enroute to the festival for a few, im ginger, I need to keep hydrated in the sun!

Cant wait!!!! Just need to sort my trains from Valencia and im all done!

Count down begins!

1 hour ago, IbizaPrincess said:

Cheers guys!

We are staying in a b&b and can walk in so im sure we will stop off enroute to the festival for a few, im ginger, I need to keep hydrated in the sun!

Count down begins!

The train is easy , metro from the airport to Valencia Norte , it's direct to Beni and costs about 10ish euros 

7 hours ago, IbizaPrincess said:

Cheers guys!

Count down begins!

So beer is pretty cheap then??? Yeah, about 25c-30c a can in Lidl, and €4-€5 for a bottle of vodka. About 10x cheaper from the supermarkets, than inside the festival!

1 hour ago, Bluemail said:

Add years & years to this list and any of them would make an awesome line up even better. 

Already seen them so not too fussed, but nonetheless they would strengthen the line up. Do you think biffy and muse have filled the rock quota or do you think we'll have any more names in that department tomorrow?