Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

30 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

From Glastonbury topic,  though cant assure its true:

Nile Rodgers just tweeted that Beck is playing at his Fold festival in London, same weekend as Glastonbury. 

Edit: I manage to find it in Nile Rodgers tweeter (he tweets a lot!). I dont know how to put it here.  He tweeted it 4 days ago, though you cant find it in the official site. 

Nile Rodgers at RW would be great.  Chic at Glastonbury a few years back was just so good

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Deftones and Chic are possiblities indeed;

Duran Duran and Chic are touring in US together in april, july and august, and Duran Duran plays at Northside. I wouldn't be surprised if Chic is announced at Northside tomorrow.

16 hours ago, kris0624 said:

Pendulum have announced that they're back this year. Wonder if we're in with a chance of them?

Wouldn't count too much on it, RW doesn't often book DJ sets (Jamie XX is a rare exception). 

10 minutes ago, Hyllebergxd said:

Puscifer to Northside Festival. Likely for RW?

Already a Belgian date mid-June, unfortunately. 

After a shaky middle couple of announcements the line-up is looking pretty good to me in comparison to a lot of other festivals, with more still to come. 

Biffy Clyro would make it ideal for me.

Wouldn't mind a stronger headline announcement for the Sunday, but last year FATM were brilliant, and I see no reason why they wouldn't be again. 

Also I hope they do something about the tents this year. Ridiculously hot last year. 

Edited by BlockRockinBeats

Hey all, I lurk here daily but have decided to make an account for something hugely important. Beer.

Trying to figure out the best beer situation, I was over the festival in 2005 but I've since been getting more and more into beer, unfortunately that means I'm not a huge fan of the beer made by the sponsor.

Can anyone help me out on 2 issues:

1. Has the beer that is sold at the festival improved? From memory it was mostly just jupiler, are there now a few options?

2. For the campsite I assume it's only cans and mini-kegs, no glass, so with that in mind where is the best option to stock up on the way to the festival? I'm guessing somewhere in Leuven.

Any help appreciated, and while I'm here my 2 cents on the line-up so far, not enough rock by a long shot, but I'm confident that we've still got a good number of main stage acts to come that will improve on that along with a couple of bigger acts for the barn so not all hope is lost.

14 minutes ago, mayordenis said:

Hey all, I lurk here daily but have decided to make an account for something hugely important. Beer.

Trying to figure out the best beer situation, I was over the festival in 2005 but I've since been getting more and more into beer, unfortunately that means I'm not a huge fan of the beer made by the sponsor.

Can anyone help me out on 2 issues:

1. Has the beer that is sold at the festival improved? From memory it was mostly just jupiler, are there now a few options?

2. For the campsite I assume it's only cans and mini-kegs, no glass, so with that in mind where is the best option to stock up on the way to the festival? I'm guessing somewhere in Leuven.

Any help appreciated, and while I'm here my 2 cents on the line-up so far, not enough rock by a long shot, but I'm confident that we've still got a good number of main stage acts to come that will improve on that along with a couple of bigger acts for the barn so not all hope is lost.

Last year it was just Jupiler in the festival. Some places had Stella outside but just 1/2 pints of Jupiler once you went in. 

Theres some decent shops in Leuven (I think Carrefour) which stock cans in bulk, one right next to the bus station that has transfers to the campsites if I remember correctly. Might be some other ones near the festival site but didn't adventure there last year. Hope this helps

14 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Aah ok, cool. I'll buy a few crates when I'm staying in leuven on the Tuesday

If you're staying in Leuven I'd recommend looking for the Colruyt in the city center. Much more choice concerning alcohol and cheaper than the Carrefour at the station, which is more aiming at the commuters passing by. 

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

If you're staying in Leuven I'd recommend looking for the Colruyt in the city center. Much more choice concerning alcohol and cheaper than the Carrefour at the station, which is more aiming at the commuters passing by. 

Good shout. We were wandering around aimlessly for hours trying to find alcohol last year and ended up at the Carrefour (which limited our food selection to crisps and tins of fruit), so a bit of direction this year will definitely help!