Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

5 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Beck, Foals, The 1975, James Blake, Lianne La Havas, Flume, Lost Frequencies, The Van Jets, Kensington en Walk Off The Earth

Pretty dece once again!

Totally agree. Other than beck it doesn't improve it for me

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

No Biffy.... Looking unlikely now. 

*grumble grumble grumble*

1975, Beck and Foals all good. The rest I'm unaware of but will check out over next couple days. Shame 1975 look to clash with all the good Friday bands, the shits.

im actually pretty happy with the announcement. ive been wanting to watch beck for years and years now, and foals is great live. the van jets are back, which is fine by me, i missed them last year and Flume is sweet.

now if they could only add bloc party and tenacious D...

2 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

ugh, more pop, indie and faux folk bands with trilbys. 

Other than beck complete garbage and I'll be watching skunk anansie when he's on anyway. 

They really need to pull their head out of their ass and actually add some rock to the bill

Sadly I think it's getting too late in the day for that.  Think line up is very weak this year. Biffy look unlikely, difficult to see where the national would fit in and no more headline acts. Hope the weathers fine cause I'll have a lot of down time 

Just now, Red Day said:

Sadly I think it's getting too late in the day for that.  Think line up is very weak this year. Biffy look unlikely, difficult to see where the national would fit in and no more headline acts. Hope the weathers fine cause I'll have a lot of down time 

May I ask what you were expecting then? Because compared to the past few years this is definitely not a weak RW lineup in my opinion. 

Btw, I don't think Biffy Clyro is ruled out yet. Their tour schedule makes it look unlikely yes, but they happen to play the exact same Scandinavian dates as BMTH, who are just playing RW as well. 

I think the line up is looking great actually (in spite of me not going this year )especially concerning the medium size bands. My gripe with this year's edition are the headliners: Sir Paul is obviously great but the others lack a certain news value (if you've been to RW the last couple of years you've already seen Florence, Rammstein and Rhcp ). 

I agree, in my own, I have nearly a complete plan for each day, except Thursday. I'd be happy if one of my favourite touring band came (Kula Shaker, Gogol Bordello, Frightened Rabbit, Frank Turner, The National) but I'm already OK with this line-up. 

17 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

May I ask what you were expecting then? Because compared to the past few years this is definitely not a weak RW lineup in my opinion. 

Btw, I don't think Biffy Clyro is ruled out yet. Their tour schedule makes it look unlikely yes, but they happen to play the exact same Scandinavian dates as BMTH, who are just playing RW as well. 

It's all opinion and what you like isn't it but I feel Red Day may be at the point where nothing can save it now lol. 

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

Personally I'd want  the 2013 line up haha 

If you look on the overview, someone is getting added above fatm

That my friend is good point!

(finds straws to clutch at)

Although RW has like a tweet I've seen about Biffy Clyro not being announced! 

It comes down to personal tastes and I just can't get excited with it this year.  On the Thursday I'd watch New Order, probably McCartney but I'd not be bothered if he wasn't there. I might watch the gutter film thing but that's it for Thursday. Friday is fine and I'd likely stay at main all day. Saturday Tama Impala, TDCC, band of horses. I'll end up watching RHCP in hope they're better than last twice I saw them and maybe Editors. Sunday beck and skunk anansie and think repeating flo is a disgrace and wasting a headline spot on that Macklemore is awful. Other than the Friday I'd not be overly bothered about going if I hadn't paid for everything.  

I would have liked to see radiohead , the national, biffy, Brian Wilson, suede, arcade fire from acts around at the time.

It's simply my opinion the line up is weak and don't for a minute think everyone will have same opinion 

15 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Finally Beck! Foals too.  They fixed the Sunday just as they did in 2014. Is the 1975 a KluB C headliner? I kind of hope for good alternative to Rammstein, I didnt expect this.. 

If you are planing to miss Rammstein (even if you don't like them) you are making a huge mistake. 

14 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

If you are planing to miss Rammstein (even if you don't like them) you are making a huge mistake. 

I heard they're putting a great show and energy. The thing is that metal,  especially in a language I dont understand is not my thing..

Just now, e2p2 said:

I heard they're putting a great show and energy. The thing is that metal,  especially in a language I dont understand is not my thing..

Please go and see them :lol: They are literally the only band on the whole Werchter line up that can make you have this face: 
(screenshot from their concert) 

Untitled.jpg