Efest meet up 2015

ramragon

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got there about 7:00, but I didn't know anyone, was half expecting an "e-fests" flag or something, but thought it might have been odd if I just randomly walked up to folk & said "I'm Tommy, t2t, are you on the forum?" did have a natter with a few randoms for an hour or so, one of them may have been one of you lot..

I got there about 7:00, but I didn't know anyone,was half expecting an "e-fests" flag or something, but thought it might have been odd if I just randomly walked up to folk & said "I'm Tommy, t2t, are you on the forum?"did have a natter with a few randoms for an hour or so, one of them may have been one of you lot..

Think i was the marker for the meet this year, i was wearing a cone hat but this year loads of people seemed to have them on

Think i was the marker for the meet this year, i was wearing a cone hat but this year loads of people seemed to have them on

ha i got a drink near that bar before blossoms and spotted a cone hat, thought it was funny as id not seen one for a while so was probably you. Then after them we had to go and continue setting up as we'd thrown the tent up and quickly just shoved everything inside when we arrived to make blossoms so listened to black rivers while finishing setting up

Meet up was a bit of a washout for us, sorry. Had a nightmare set up which resulted in all the plans going to pot. Managed to make it for the start and bought thurlow his yearly drink but none of us had eaten since 9am and food was the priority, specially for the grouchy 2 year old.

Apologies to anyone I missed, did have the pleasure of meeting quite a few over the weekend though

We set off at 11ish (its about an hour drive) and had tent pitched by half 4... Admittedly the new tent took me 20mins to pitch! Managed to get there and met about 6 or 7 of you (&paid the annual Thurlowdebt!) Seems the shitty traffic balzed up a few this year. For note (anyone with a memory better than a goldfish!) real ale tent was quiteish at 11am opening on the Friday morning, could be a better plan for 2016.

Was good to catch up with some of you on the Thursday. Good spot and was easy to find Thurlows hat !

I remember a few people couldn`t find folk the previous year at the real ale tent as it was rammed before Craig Charles. Did we not end up outside the tent that year ? Anywayz, nice to put a few names to faces and make my annual Thurlow donation !!

Next year the Friday does sound like a decent plan. I see Wickerman have there dates up so just waiting on KC confirming. If it`s the same as this year ( would guess it will be ) then we will be doing the double again.

The bar meet this year was fine but would it have worked out if it had been raining ?

Plus sounds like the real ale tent had less comedy value with their pricing structure !!!

The 330ml bottle of cider I bought Thurlow was £4.40 ( four pounds and forty pence ) and wasn`t even cold. Not that I grudged it of course  :)

Was good to catch up with some of you on the Thursday. Good spot and was easy to find Thurlows hat !

I remember a few people couldn`t find folk the previous year at the real ale tent as it was rammed before Craig Charles. Did we not end up outside the tent that year ? Anywayz, nice to put a few names to faces and make my annual Thurlow donation !!

Next year the Friday does sound like a decent plan. I see Wickerman have there dates up so just waiting on KC confirming. If it`s the same as this year ( would guess it will be ) then we will be doing the double again.

The bar meet this year was fine but would it have worked out if it had been raining ?

Plus sounds like the real ale tent had less comedy value with their pricing structure !!!

The 330ml bottle of cider I bought Thurlow was £4.40 ( four pounds and forty pence ) and wasn`t even cold. Not that I grudged it of course :)

You should begrudge paying that much, i certainly did for the rest of the festival

You won fair and square mate ( again ). Fair play to you.

Thats a pity that you agreed to have your entry for next year in by Christmas THIS year. You do remember that conversation I hope .......it may have happened  ;)

If it helps then I think they will go for an Avicci type, Jake Bugg, Rita Ora, George Ezra, Charlie xcx, Kings of Leon and the Manics so there`s 7 to get you started. With my record, they are almost certain to get booked  :ninja:

You won fair and square mate ( again ). Fair play to you.

Thats a pity that you agreed to have your entry for next year in by Christmas THIS year. You do remember that conversation I hope .......it may have happened ;)

If it helps then I think they will go for an Avicci type, Jake Bugg, Rita Ora, George Ezra, Charlie xcx, Kings of Leon and the Manics so there`s 7 to get you started. With my record, they are almost certain to get booked :ninja:

I could probably pitch a decent effort in before next years tickets are on sale