The elusive flushing toilets

Koroviev

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards the Cider Bus now but I'm still holding out hope for the left of the Pyramid Stage too. That way it'll be official that I've not gone mad. Honest.

There's defo some near the pyramid. I used them in 2013. I remember hearing Wild Horses while sat on one

Where are the composting ones??

They are metal framed with patterned / graffiti walls...

From what I remember...

Some behind the west holts field as you walk back towards the other. Other set somewhere by oxylers... keep walking thru the field of portaloos which run alongside the railway line with the park /arcadia on the left and on they were on the right...

Also some by the pyramid I thought... cider bus end.

Look at me... looks like I'm obsessed.

They are metal framed with patterned / graffiti walls...

From what I remember...

Some behind the west holts field as you walk back towards the other. Other set somewhere by oxylers... keep walking thru the field of portaloos which run alongside the railway line with the park /arcadia on the left and on they were on the right...

Also some by the pyramid I thought... cider bus end.

Look at me... looks like I'm obsessed.

Have to say, I'm more a fan of the composters than long drops. So just trying to figure if there are any somewhat close to Dairy where we are camping. 

Bringing a friend to their first Glastonbury.  I know I'm going to get asked this one!  Can anyone with knowledge of this mythical facility put a marker on Glastomap...

http://www.glastomap.com/

generate a link and then share back here?  Me....I'm happy with a long drop ...but knowing location of flushers would probably earn me a pint of Brothers!!  

Bringing a friend to their first Glastonbury.  I know I'm going to get asked this one!  Can anyone with knowledge of this mythical facility put a marker on Glastomap...

http://www.glastomap.com/

generate a link and then share back here?  Me....I'm happy with a long drop ...but knowing location of flushers would probably earn me a pint of Brothers!!  

The two grey-ish rectangles either side of the pin: http://www.glastomap.com/plot/51.157939/-2.579140/FlushingToilets

(I'm 95% sure that's right, someone correct me if I've made a mistake.) 

Edited by neil_d

Rolling Stones innit. It was a wee and yes it was quite a nice tune to pee to.

I'm afraid I have very little knowledge on the music front but happy to hear it was a nice tune to pee to.

As for myself, if I'm honest, I really like sitting in a clean turdis, without a queue, for quite a while having a think. It's especially good if it's a hot day and I've got a major drug sweat on. But then that's me all over - old fashioned all the way.

There's a few other bodily fluids that don't need mentioning.

Your absolutely right - that Fanny Batter alone can get in to the places even Toilet Duck can't reach. Talking of which my wife once held a party which ran out of drink. The net result of this was that an alcoholic asked where the toilet was so that he could drink the contents of a cleaning fluid. Apparently he came back in to the lounge guzzling the contents of a Toilet Duck bottle with the air of somebody who thought this was quite a natural thing to do.

I think longdrops are one of the greatest festival creations ever. But I do still like the odd trip to the flushables too.

Need to check out the compost ones this year...

Yep I'm a long dropper (so to speak) myself,  a quick walk in the morning while the world is in recovery mode , the clang of metal and the splash of (fairly) distant poop  what better way to start the day :biggrin:

Edited by carreg_cennen

Have to say, I'm more a fan of the composters than long drops. So just trying to figure if there are any somewhat close to Dairy where we are camping. 

There's some in Dairy on the side of the hedge by the Arcadia/Park road. Very nice for the morning as they are raised up so you get a nice little breeze.

Your absolutely right - that Fanny Batter alone can get in to the places even Toilet Duck can't reach. Talking of which my wife once held a party which ran out of drink. The net result of this was that an alcoholic asked where the toilet was so that he could drink the contents of a cleaning fluid. Apparently he came back in to the lounge guzzling the contents of a Toilet Duck bottle with the air of somebody who thought this was quite a natural thing to do.

Ok so this post was an emotional roller coast, I was shocked, discussed I laughed I cried.

Your alcy mate must of had a death wish.

And on the menstruation thing. Has anyone seen the stickers in the loos about Moon Cups? There slogan is "you can stop using tampons" what are they? So birds just time it right n dribble it into a cup?