There are some horrible people out there

Blueberry

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kayne was a coup and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably some who doesn't go to festivals or gigs yet thinks glastonbury is about white boys with guitars.

Oh do piss off, people can think his a shit booking for a whole variety of reasons. (Just as many who take a similar view, tink the who as a shit booking or when we thought Coldplay was going to play.)

Obviously thinking its a shit booking, is a bit different from sending Emily a death threat which is completely out of order).

Oh do piss off, people can think his a shit booking for a whole variety of reasons. (Just as many who take a similar view, tink the who as a shit booking or when we thought Coldplay was going to play.)

Obviously thinking its a shit booking, is a bit different from sending Emily a death threat which is completely out of order).

The thing with Coldplay and The Who is that they've already done the festival fairly recently and haven't changed things much since doing so, and it is/it would be an uninspiring choice in lieu of having someone new.

I can't think of anything with Kanye, other than him playing a role in killing a couple of festivals, but that would have obviously never happened with Glastonbury so it's a non-issue.

I personally hope that receiving death threats doesn't put her off from signing acts that may be scrutinised/criticised in the future. Would be shit if they went safe every time.

In my opinion Kanye West is a great signing - an egotistical w*nker yes - but then many of the greatest musicians/artists have been down the years. Mark E. Smith for instance has gone through over 60 band mates! You must have at least have some personality defects to manage that!

If he really started it as a joke, he probably would have cancelled it after the first thousand rather than than something like...

30 Mar 2015 — Hi all,
I'll be submitting this petition to Glastonbury organisers at the end of the week. (hopefully just before the line up is announced)
Please share the petition one more time, it would be great to get it over 135k* (the number of attendees at the festival)
*I know you are not all attending the festival but it still sends a strong message.
Thanks for your support,
Neil

Blatant narcissism that

You can think someone is shit, fair enough. I'm not a massive Kanye fan myself. The difference is I'm not crying about it, I understand the guy is massive plenty of people like him and I'll just go watch someone else. My point is the other two headliners, and I say this having lost count of the amount of times I've seen the Foo's, are boring announcements.

I love the Foos.. but I get people are allowed an opinion about someone headlining - sure you can think Kanye is a shit booking but the key difference is that most people who have that opinion wouldn't want him to replaced with a rock band. Most people get that there are other things happening at the festival at the same time as Kanye, so will go watch that.

I think Kanye will do a brilliant job - he isn't stupid, everything he seems to do is for publicity. He will likely be aware of the petition and will hopefully do a great job. I would guess him doing a rant about the petition and it being funny for those watching. Every headliner they book seems to cause some problems, most people just go to a different stage. The issue with the petition for me, is the lack of understanding of the festival - if it was Download than sure, be annoyed that it isn't a rock band but given that Glastonbury is a bit more diverse, it's a silly petition.

Plus the likes of Alex Turner, him from Kasabian, The Gallaghers etc. are all just a much as a knob as Kanye is!!

Ffs we had Kasabian headline last year and Alex Turner headline in 2013, the "oh this act shouldn't headline because they're a w*nker" thing doesn't stand up at all.

Cracking post. If only we could work out what the defining characteristic was that they don't like.

The thing with Coldplay and The Who is that they've already done the festival fairly recently and haven't changed things much since doing so, and it is/it would be an uninspiring choice in lieu of having someone new.

I can't think of anything with Kanye, other than him playing a role in killing a couple of festivals, but that would have obviously never happened with Glastonbury so it's a non-issue.

True to an extent, but objectively they would have/will do as well as Kanye in terms of crowd pull and enjoyment at the Pyramid. So its the same thing, its just there are less people around who object to them being called a shit booking :P

Ffs we had Kasabian headline last year and Alex Turner headline in 2013, the "oh this act shouldn't headline because they're a w*nker" thing doesn't stand up at all.

And people complained, just as much really....its just Kanye being a celebrity has got the media attention along with it, which in turn has more people picking a side and stating it when dicussing it.

Out of interest why do people think Alex Turner is such a prick?

His hair and the accent his developed :P