The Alcohol Thread

marcwilson87

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

similar / pisswater

although i always go for these types of lager as they're always on offer. can't taste the difference after the first couple anyway!

Very true! i love it when people say 'ooh yes my fav lager is fosters i hate that carling'

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm an ale drinker preferably but this stuff does the job and is cheap and always on offer

Think I'll be on the (boxed) wine for the first time at any festival at Glasto this year. Partly because I've gotten into it more over the last few months but also because drinking beer or cider the last two years has more than once meant I've had to vacate a SE Corner venue without a loo having queued for 25 minutes to get in.

Funny I've decided I'm going to go boxed wine this year too, my thinking is it is a more efficient way to get drunk. Hadn't thought about the fewer bathroom trips :cool:

who the hell's favourite lager is Fosters / Carling / Carlsberg!? only reason i drink them is because they're dirt cheap

People who haven't tasted anything else? :P

There was a time when most pubs seemed to go through a phase of only having them or as a luxury Stella...or if you was really lucky Peroni. So i guess people just become creatures of habbit.

Thankfully the "craft beer" revolution seems to have fixed this up great and there is a better selection around any decent establishment.

I take 1/2 litre per day of spirit and don't put much mixer in (which I buy at the shop there). Few ciders from the bars. I have learnt my lesson from taking wine! Drunk and needing the toilet. Spirits don't get me drunk and less toilet trips! She wee is the best thing ever invented for when waking up bursting! Wee in a bottle and empty in the long drop.

I take 1/2 litre per day of spirit and don't put much mixer in (which I buy at the shop there). Few ciders from the bars. I have learnt my lesson from taking wine! Drunk and needing the toilet. Spirits don't get me drunk and less toilet trips! She wee is the best thing ever invented for when waking up bursting! Wee in a bottle and empty in the long drop.

Which shop?

This may be a stupid question but I didn't get where I am in life by asking normal questions :P

We've been wondering if it's possible to do a 10 spirits (and liqueurs) challenge (to replace our annual 10 animal challenge) using just drinks served on site?

Most standard bars will do

Whisky

Rum

Gin

Vodka

Tequila

But more might be harder to find. Things like Absinthe & Brandy (and any others we can think of before we go) :)

I remember them serving some horrendous (See great) lemon concoction at the underground piano bar but god knows what was in that.

I was very hungover on the Saturday of 2013, I plan to never relive that experience! Hangovers in the real world are bad enough, hangovers at Glastonbury are awful

It's bad enough waking up in a boiling tent as it is, and being on your feet all day but add to that wanting to be sick.... Mine you Square Pie sorted me right out in the evening :)

Edited by verrymerry

We've been wondering if it's possible to do a 10 spirits (and liqueurs) challenge (to replace our annual 10 animal challenge) using just drinks served on site?

I'm sure the cocktail in the NYC Downlow (the Blow Job or something like that) had about 10 in. Felt like it the next day anyway.

Cocktail bars are definitely the ones to head to.

I was very hungover on the Saturday of 2013, I plan to never relive that experience! Hangovers in the real world are bad enough, hangovers at Glastonbury are awful

It's bad enough waking up in a boiling tent as it is, and being on your feet all day but add to that wanting to be sick.... Mine you Square Pie sorted me right out in the evening :)

Steak and blue cheese square pies with onion mash and peas are the business. Especially eaten in the r**n. Not gonna be any R**n this year tho!

Serious lager question here: I ofter see people in the queue with huge amounts of cooking lager e.g Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg etc. These cans must get warm and be pretty rank after a few days. Why don't people spend the same money on some stronger/nicer beers or spirits which would have the same effect but without needing to drink 18 of them and be pissing every 5 minutes.

Always puzzles me this but I guess some people just like a constant stream of weak lager to guzzle on!

Always puzzles me this but I guess some people just like a constant stream of weak lager to guzzle on!

this is pretty much me. i'd rather have a lot to keep me going through the five days, even if it is pisswater. 48 cans of one of these brands is relatively cheap, whereas 48 cans of something better would cost considerably more. i also bring wine and spirits for when i want to get really drunk

this is pretty much me. i'd rather have a lot to keep me going through the five days, even if it is pisswater. 48 cans of one of these brands is relatively cheap, whereas 48 cans of something better would cost considerably more. i also bring wine and spirits for when i want to get really drunk

Yeah I think now I'm in my late 30's the bladder can't take so much lager anymore and after 3 cans I'll be in the bogs every 5 minutes. I reckon Gin or Rum for me this year with some terrible boxed wine to drink during the day.

I tend to drink a lot more if it rains as it numbs the pain of the mud and wetness. Mumford and Sons followed by U2 in the pissing rain would have been no fun sober