Secret resales 2015

Terence99

12 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Just throwing this out there.

ive only been to Glasto once but am desperate to go back!!

What is it  about Glasto that makes it so addictive and makes people sit here for days/weeks on end trying to get a magical ticket??

It is the atmosphere for me, I have not been to any festival like it. Went to Leeds festival and people were setting fires and saw someone get hit with a pole, went to V festival and groups of lads were walking round robbing from tents, went to T in the park and everyone fought with each other. In 6 trips to Glastonbury, I haven't encountered any of this.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

I have to admit I've been to V.. 

I had to get that off my chest....

Please forgive me 

I've been to V twice :blink: The very first one in Warrington in 1996 which was ACE.

The second in 2008. The less said about that one the better...

This will be my first time at GF after lots of wet days at the Monsters of rock a lifetime ago...ACDC, Whitesnake, Dee Snider and GnR plus the Crue era and haven't had holibobs for many years. Reading when I was 16 but only went the once and also never in my life been to a night club ,

Watched on TV with envy when my girls went and finally have the work/life balance balanced , I have never gotten this excited in my life before over anything .

You lot here are just making that excitement 10 x worse !!

14 minutes ago, bennyk said:

Can't explain why, but it's the 1 thing every year that comes above anything else. If I only have 5 days off work/afford 1 trip away. It would always be glasto. No questions

Same for me! Its the priority every summer. Don't get excited for a holiday like i do for glastonbury.

12 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

I went to V every year for 18 years (in my defence it's only 12 miles up the road, and it was pretty good when it started).

In 2014 I went to Glastonbury for the first time. 

Ive not been back to V since...

I've actually been to V a number of times . My brother lives a stones throw from Hylands. It's kind of lost its appeal and too many bellends are in attendance for my liking..

Edited by andyb66

10 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

I went to V every year for 18 years (in my defence it's only 12 miles up the road, and it was pretty good when it started).

In 2014 I went to Glastonbury for the first time. 

Ive not been back to V since...

One of my mates went to V ever year, I said to give glastonbury a try. He did, he hadn't been back to V since (he has a ticket this year)

same with a differemt mate and Leeds.

1 minute ago, lobo said:

Same for me! Its the priority every summer. Don't get excited for a holiday like i do for glastonbury.

Im going away to greece for 2 weeks literally 2 weeks after glasto, I honestly couldn't care less. I'm sure I'll get excited...

maybe when i'm in the airport?

my only worry is the come down when I get home... Tuesday will be back into normal life with a vengeance with nothing else on the horizon to look forward to certainly this year or next

My hubby is kindly taking over the animal duties and 2 days from his work to allow me to go 

2 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

my only worry is the come down when I get home... Tuesday will be back into normal life with a vengeance with nothing else on the horizon to look forward to certainly this year or next

My hubby is kindly taking over the animal duties and 2 days from his work to allow me to go 

I'm planning a visit to Glasto next year to explore the farm and area whilst the fest should be on. My way of getting my Glasto fix. 

It's a thing on my bucket list I just need to tick off

Edited by bennyk

21 minutes ago, bennyk said:

Can't explain why, but it's the 1 thing every year that comes above anything else. If I only have 5 days off work/afford 1 trip away. It would always be glasto. No questions

My first one was 81. This year is my 17th. Breaks for kids etc. then back to it from 2005 on. Kids started going when they got to about 10. The tickets I'm trying to get in fact are for them. Not that I see anything of them once we're through the gate - but its a family joke that they both grew up at the festival.

3 minutes ago, bennyk said:

I'm planning a visit to Glasto next year to explore the farm and area whilst the fest should be on. My way of getting my Glasto fix. 

It's a thing on my bucket list I just need to tick off

My husband and I visited Glastonbury and the surrounding area for our one year wedding anniversary in April. It was nice to actually see the place instead of just whiz in and our for the festival. 

Going up the Tor was amazing too, the views are incredible.

Edited by CatMitt

my first experience of V was purely to see the Chilis. I was in my tent sleeping alone for the first time and somebody came in while I slept and robbed absolutely everything, including my train ticket home. It was horrendous and on waking up, other tents near me had had the same happen. I had to borrow some money to enjoy the rest of the weekend and actually got right to the front (moshpit centra)l of my fave band..until I got trampled on and thrown over the barrier :(  that was the Chelmsford one, had to jump the train home! I did go back to the Stafford one once when I wasn't successful with Glasto tickets, but nah, never again!

2 minutes ago, bennyk said:

Beat me to it

3 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

Your "current wife"? Are you planning on trading her in soon? :D

Not just yet.. After all these years of wedded bliss when we meet new people I still introduce her as my first/ current wife..  and i still find it hilarious... oddly enough she doesn't!

• Upvote 1