Secret resales 2015

Terence99

18 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Breaking news...

Woman on plane says 'No Secret Sale'

1*1k2F4LF4XWk8-QD09ojuZw.gif

Airplane.. My fave film!!

one thing that worries me (apart from my fridge being devoid of beer currently) is the fact I have had no pings from Neil's pagechecker. I've checked to make sure it works and it does. Small worry....

11 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'm off to Prague for my stag do in October! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated for a large group of us :D have a good one

Stay away from wenceslas square unless you want hookers or blow, stick to where the locals drink. Cheaper and better beer. Dlouha street is quite good with a few decent bars.

Just now, andyb66 said:

one thing that worries me (apart from my fridge being devoid of beer currently) is the fact I have had no pings from Neil's pagechecker. I've checked to make sure it works and it does. Small worry....

That's because the text hasn't changed on the tickets page. Neil has set it up so it only pings when something of use changes which hasn't happened (in terms of GA tickets). There have been pings a while back for campervans etc.

14 minutes ago, GrowlerPhil said:

I've searched and searched this and I can't find anything unfortunately. There are some apps but definitely not suitable.

Well won't I look insane tethering my laptop on the bus, through the street and in the waiting room...

3 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Why is it a worry? the page hasn't changed hence no alerts.

I have such a Glastonbury sob story.

Last year my friends who usually gig at it said they weren't able to go so I never got a ticket. Then late May (past all hope of resale) they got a gig and went without me. I knew I would be super depressed about this so my boyfriend arranged to come and visit and we planned a really fun weekend to take my mind off no Glastonbury.

When he should have left for the airport, he text saying "I'm sorry, but this just isn't going to work" and never arrived. We'd been together around 18 months and I haven't heard from him since. And all the people who would usually console me were at Glastonbury.

So this year, I was on it, I got my ticket. My friends were going to be gigging, they had a stage confirmation. Then on Monday they found out the stage had overbooked and they're not playing and don't have tickets. So I'm the only one with a ticket.

Guys, I really need this resale.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Why is it a worry? the page hasn't changed hence no alerts.

I heard the ping word mentioned and assumed I'd set it up incorrectly 

5 minutes ago, nataliealana said:

Last year my friends who usually gig at it said they weren't able to go so I never got a ticket. Then late May (past all hope of resale) they got a gig and went without me. I knew I would be super depressed about this so my boyfriend arranged to come and visit and we planned a really fun weekend to take my mind off no Glastonbury.

When he should have left for the airport, he text saying "I'm sorry, but this just isn't going to work" and never arrived. We'd been together around 18 months and I haven't heard from him since. And all the people who would usually console me were at Glastonbury.

So this year, I was on it, I got my ticket. My friends were going to be gigging, they had a stage confirmation. Then on Monday they found out the stage had overbooked and they're not playing and don't have tickets. So I'm the only one with a ticket.

Your ex sounds like a right 'Knob'. This WILL happen for you xx

7 minutes ago, nataliealana said:

i hope you still went on the holiday!

7 minutes ago, nataliealana said:

But you DO have a ticket, that's the main thing surely? Might seem a bit daunting, but there's absolutely no chance that you won't make amazing friends there if you go on your own.

9 minutes ago, nataliealana said:

Wow thats a bad story!

You will be ok though even if it doesnt work out, I've done Glastonbury on my own before and it was amazing, you will have the time of your life either way!

21 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Anyhoo, something to think about while we're waiting...

Who picks up Guide Dog's poo?

People that qualify for a guide dog are exempt from the law regarding picking up dog poo. However, guide dogs are also trained to wee/poo on command and do it in such a way that it is possible for the owner to be aware if they want to pick it up (they arch their back differently depending on what business they are doing)

[poo chat]

Edited by mjsell
  • Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'm off to Prague for my stag do in October! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated for a large group of us :D have a good one

Just came back from something similar, we got a guide from chillisauce.co.uk and she basically got us in loads of good places, free booze, queue jump etc. Would recommend. If you like a smoke, jump in an uber (not taxi, you'll get ripped off) to shotgun bar.... u can buy beer for £1 and weed for about £8/g - great place.

have fun! 

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

People that qualify for a guide dog are exempt from the law regarding picking up dog poo. However, guide dogs are also trained to wee/poo on command and do it in such a way that it is possible for the owner to be aware if they want to pick it up (they arch their back differently depending on what business they are doing)

Now that's the coolest thing I've read on this forum in ages! Thanks.:)

Edited by MilkyJoe

Ok so who will end up going on their own if they don't get tickets?  I have friends going in other groups but only me out of my main group has a ticket (first time in years), hence being on here.

Edited by Hugs

Just now, Hugs said:

Ok so who will end up going on their own if they don't get tickets?  I have friends going in other groups but none of my main group have tickets (first time in years), hence being on here.

Me. My friends always go for GA and have no interest in the coach sale. i got my coach ticket and we had a tota washout on ticket day. On the resale i got through to the reg page but there was a probem with two of the regs which sady cost me the time to process the transaction. Got through to the payment page for the person I am trying for now (her reg is fine!) but only car parking was available! So we missed out.

Such a shame as the Foo Fighters are my friend's favourite band and had ticket sot see them at Wembley and Glastonbury in 2015 and was denied both gigs. After the muddy trauma of last year she is desperate to go, I'll be gutted if I cannot get her in.