Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Out of interest, does anyone genuinely believe that there will be another sale? Rather than just clinging to hope haha

Logically, no. 

But that doesn't stop me from hoping that there just might be. :lol:

53 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Out of interest, does anyone genuinely believe that there will be another sale? Rather than just clinging to hope haha

My brother had bought a Thursday coach ticket 3 weeks before the festival in 2013 so I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

2 minutes ago, Andycamper said:

My brother had bought a Thursday coach ticket 3 weeks before the festival in 2013 so I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

See, it's stories like this that mean I can't quite give up hope!

I've signed up with DC Site Services so am definitely going now (whoop!), just keeping everything crossed that my shift pattern isn't too horrendous!

There's still a couple of days left to sign up if anyone else has reached the point of just needing to be on the farm. 

49 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

I've signed up with DC Site Services so am definitely going now (whoop!), just keeping everything crossed that my shift pattern isn't too horrendous!

There's still a couple of days left to sign up if anyone else has reached the point of just needing to be on the farm. 

What is it you do with them and what day do you have to be on site from? 

7 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

What is it you do with them and what day do you have to be on site from? 

I'm doing vehicle chaperoning (guiding vehicles through the crowds in the market areas) and have to be there from Tues 21st. You have to do 5 shifts (between 7.5-12 hours long depending on the role), but you get paid and most importantly you get in. 

It was the absolute last resort for me but I just couldn't face not being there! 

4 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

I'm doing vehicle chaperoning (guiding vehicles through the crowds in the market areas) and have to be there from Tues 21st. You have to do 5 shifts (between 7.5-12 hours long depending on the role), but you get paid and most importantly you get in. 

It was the absolute last resort for me but I just couldn't face not being there! 

Yeah fair enough. My partner and I did consider work/volunteering but we can only be at the festival from Thursday because of work. I think I'm finally accepting I won't be going unless by some miracle I win tickets but that looks doubtful! Going to try and win latitude festival tickets to make up for it!

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Yeah fair enough. My partner and I did consider work/volunteering but we can only be at the festival from Thursday because of work. I think I'm finally accepting I won't be going unless by some miracle I win tickets but that looks doubtful! Going to try and win latitude festival tickets to make up for it!

Ah yeah, you always need to be there earlier for the work/volunteer  shifts.

Fingers crossed for some sort of win!

We're doing Latitude as our Glastonbury alternative this year :)

Not been before and actually really looking forward to trying a new festival. We normally either don't have the cash or time off to do anything other than Glasto so it will be good to try something different :)

11 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

Ah yeah, you always need to be there earlier for the work/volunteer  shifts.

Fingers crossed for some sort of win!

We're doing Latitude as our Glastonbury alternative this year :)

Not been before and actually really looking forward to trying a new festival. We normally either don't have the cash or time off to do anything other than Glasto so it will be good to try something different :)

Latitude is good fun! A lot calmer and not as much going on late night but it's a lovely festival. See you there!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Dr Glasto said:

What are the dc site aervices? 

12 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

If I am not wrong, they marshall the car parks.

I remember looking into going via working with them in 2014 when I hadn't got a ticket, but can't remember exactly what they do although I seem to remember car parks. I am sure Dr G will correct if I am wrong

Just now, mungo57 said:

If I am not wrong, they marshall the car parks.

I remember looking into going via working with them in 2014 when I hadn't got a ticket, but can't remember exactly what they do although I seem to remember car parks. I am sure Dr G will correct if I am wrong

I just googled they do that and waste management. Hopefully shifts aren't too bad for Dr g! 

Ah, fair does. Their website says they do traffic management too so we are both right.

Glad I didn't end up working, would prefer NOT to be doing waste management :P could live with recycling but maybe NOT shlepping the bins about I've seen what they can look like first hand!

I also seem to remember them offering me 14 hour shifts which seemed LONG

Edited by mungo57

4 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Ah, fair does. Their website says they do traffic management too so we are both right.

Glad I didn't end up working, would prefer NOT to be doing waste management :P could live with recycling but maybe NOT shlepping the bins about I've seen what they can look like first hand!

I also seem to remember them offering me 14 hour shifts which seemed LONG

:o 14 hours??? Do you remember how many shifts you were expected to do? 

20 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

My son worked for them a few years back. Was one of those people you see off site directing traffic away from the closed roads. I bumped into him once, he was covered in mud and just said 'dad.....i'm off to the stone circle'. Next time i saw him was about 3 weeks later when he finally got home. He'd signed up to one of the clean up crews after the festival finished. Said the party just keep going and going and going.....

14 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

:o 14 hours??? Do you remember how many shifts you were expected to do? 

I can't remember, I think I applied to work BEFORE the festival started and they wanted me on site from the Monday until Thursday. I got in too late for oxfam and festaff and applied for DC as it's paid work I think and didn't seem too bad. When they told me 14hr days I immediately responded saying no. I think it was 12 hours actual work with a 2 hour break but I can't recall exactly what it was I just remember thinking it was LONG and that I would end up hating it.

1 hour ago, smudger said:

My son worked for them a few years back. Was one of those people you see off site directing traffic away from the closed roads. I bumped into him once, he was covered in mud and just said 'dad.....i'm off to the stone circle'. Next time i saw him was about 3 weeks later when he finally got home. He'd signed up to one of the clean up crews after the festival finished. Said the party just keep going and going and going.....

Hahaha that's quite funny

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

I can't remember, I think I applied to work BEFORE the festival started and they wanted me on site from the Monday until Thursday. I got in too late for oxfam and festaff and applied for DC as it's paid work I think and didn't seem too bad. When they told me 14hr days I immediately responded saying no. I think it was 12 hours actual work with a 2 hour break but I can't recall exactly what it was I just remember thinking it was LONG and that I would end up hating it.

Was it just one shift though? I think I'd be okay with that if it was only one shift 

3 hours ago, MadScientist said:

They run various traffic management roles across the festival including:

Campervan field stewarding/parking/fire marshalling

Clickers (counting people/vehicles in and out of the festival on those clicker thingys)

Vehicle chaperoning (guiding vehicles through the busier pedestrian areas)

Pedestrian crossing patrol (those people that shout at you when you cross the road at John Peel etc)

'Z' zone management - making sure only vehicles with the 'Z' permit enter the festival site.

I think that's about it.