Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

I hope this is real cos I'll be off to Poundworld tomorrow, the amount I have been peeing recently there is no way I'm getting out of my tent all night to trek to the toilets :P

yep straight up, bought it in Dealz which is the Irish Poundland and I'm sure they have them in their UK stores too. Same here it's for the tent in the morning, not for bringing about and I can handle the toilets but that morning run is too much at my age. I actually wake up about to wet myself and by the time I've got down to toilets and queued especially if it's waterproofs and boots needed,, it can often be too late. Nearly got one last year and should've so went for it this year.

Edited to add maybe "straight up" wasn't the best choice of words in this context

Edited by storm

Have they ever said anything like that in previous years??

The "there's no such thing as secret resales" sort of negates the rest of the message a bit. If they'd said yeh sorry, normally we do, but this year those guys are so crazy for Ed there aren't any" i'd be more inclined to believe it

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, actionstations said:

I'm vaguely sure that one year there was a tiny secret resale in the first week of june.

I always thought I could not be stopped, but if we're doing this for three more weeks I'ma be grumpy as all hell.

Yes there was as I got a ticket for a mate , and I think it was 2 weeks before Glastonbury started 

Just now, Sasperella said:

Have they ever said anything like that in previous years??

The "there's no such thing as secret resales" sort of negates the rest of the message a bit. If they'd said yeh sorry, normally we do, but this year those guys are so crazy for Ed there aren't any" i'd be more inclined to believe it

every single year,repeatedly 

Just now, gibble said:

Did you contact SEE or Glastonbury?

Poster said they contacted SEE but the message was signed from Glastonbury festival. General consensus was to not believe SEE but how do people feel about glastonbury stating no resale?

Just now, Bb-dog said:

Glastonbury ticketing 

Try and make them aware that, based on the secret resales that have happened without fail for years, there are hundreds of people witing at their laptops to try and get tickets. They need to release a full statement admitting the previous years of resales happened, but won't be this year and a reason. If they do that from an official sourse (website, twitter, fb) then that's me out.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Brownie30 said:

The "there is no secret sale" is evidently untrue from previous years, but I have to say I'm not reasonably concerned that there may not be one this year, probably for the reasons they have stated in that email.

The thing is, they've never called it a "secret" resale. I've seen it referred to as a "flash" resale officially, but never a "secret".

So maybe they're just fucking with us over semantics.

Just now, Brownie30 said:

The "there is no secret sale" is evidently untrue from previous years, but I have to say I'm not reasonably concerned that there may not be one this year, probably for the reasons they have stated in that email.

But werent those comments on secret resale from SEE and not Glastonbury in previous years. Anyone know if they upped the capacity of paying festival goers this year? With the addition of new areas and talk or lots more tickets wanted for staff maybe it has effected the secret resale?

Just now, lobo said:

Poster said they contacted SEE but the message was signed from Glastonbury festival. General consensus was to not believe SEE but how do people feel about glastonbury stating no resale?

if any tickets have been returned then these will mainly be general admission tickets, which deserve to go to the public. crew etc are allocated tickets which they pick up on site and get different wristbands. i think there will be a secret sale. and i think before they announce the full line-up around 31st may. i can't handle sitting here for another couple of weeks. my sis may have to miss out this year if thats the case! (sorry sis) 

9 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Except they would not say that to someone asking - imagine the anger if they said sorry no resale cos we gave em all to our mates.

True, still if they are lying about that bit......?

2 minutes ago, RandyFishcake said:

Try and make them aware that, based on the secret resales that have happened without fail for years, there are hundreds of people witing at their laptops to try and get tickets. They need to release a full statement admitting the previous years of resales happened, but won't be this year and a reason. If they do that from an official sourse (website, twitter, fb) then that's me out.

I think this is a great idea!

3 minutes ago, General Lee said:

The message is the same every year - I don't see the point is in continually asking them. There might or might not be one, but they'll always say there won't be. 

Agreed there really is no point into keep on asking them.

If they said yes they would need to make it public and we do not want that.

It's not just Glastonbury. Most venues release extra tickets closer to the date, it's always down to the production numbers, guest list etc.

They may not have tickets today but they may in an hour, tomorrow, 3 weeks or never so the official word has to be no. 

Edited by Vipospleen
  • Upvote 1