LEMMY ASHTON
NICOLA BEAR
HACKETT
PETE ZORBA
DANCE LADY DANCE
WILL ORCHARD
ED NORRIS
Edited by Venom1802

Grace Jones is a decent booking, I wonder what the reprobates that attend Parklife will make of her.

Hhaha a very surprising booking for chavlife.

Rudimental/Vaccines to headline is my guess. Clean Bandit, Kodaline, Twin Atlantic, Knife Party, Duke Dumont, David Rodigan, Lethal Bizzle. Annie Mac, The Enemy, Charli XCX & Sbtrkt all likely booking in my opinion

Shit, you know the festival's image is struggling when almost every post in this thread commends the lineup but reiterates not wanting to ever go. Probably won't suffer for sales out there in the real world though.

Punters murdering other punters will do that to your reputation, people are generally opposed to being murdered.

I think this looks great for a smaller fest, reckon Parklike will get a reputation as the small festival that always pulls a massive lineup!

Anyway is the audience that bad? Like really.. that bad?

Someone was killed their last year. And we're not talking from drugs, I mean actual murder/manslaughter/whatever.

Someone was killed their last year. And we're not talking from drugs, I mean actual murder/manslaughter/whatever.

Wasn't it just a punch though? Which can happen at other festivals or anywhere.

For example rapes at latitude, so it's not only this sort of festival which gets undesirables.

Wasn't it just a punch though? Which can happen at other festivals or anywhere.

For example rapes at latitude, so it's not only this sort of festival which gets undesirables.

Latitude was a criminal gang that targeted a soft middle class festival to pillage, could have happened to a lot of fests, and they've ramped up their security game since.

The killer at Pondlife was just a regular goer, in the crowd, watching an act. He antagonised different people for a while, stuck on his eventual victim, wound him up until he told him to fuck off, then punched him to the ground and kicked him repeatedly. In a crowd, watching an act. Different kettle of fish entirely.

People came back from Parklife with tales of it being hostile and nasty, the most hostility you'll find at Latitude is Poppy getting mildly vexed at Giles for drinking the last of the Pimm's.

Latitude was a criminal gang that targeted a soft middle class festival to pillage, could have happened to a lot of fests, and they've ramped up their security game since.

The killer at Pondlife was just a regular goer, in the crowd, watching an act. He antagonised different people for a while, stuck on his eventual victim, wound him up until he told him to fuck off, then punched him to the ground and kicked him repeatedly. In a crowd, watching an act. Different kettle of fish entirely.

People came back from Parklife with tales of it being hostile and nasty, the most hostility you'll find at Latitude is Poppy getting mildly vexed at Giles for drinking the last of the Pimm's.

What you are talking about is two separate incidences mate. The lad who died was hit once. His girlfriend was continually being hit with a blow up doll and he stepped in to try and stop it. He was hit once and fell to the floor where he died. To date, no one has been apprehended for it.

The other offence was just as bad with a 32 year old man kicking someone in he face. Thankfully the lad was ok and the perpetrator was caught.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/smirking-mugshot-vicious-leon-wong-8343540

Now I went to Parklife 2 years ago when Example was on and I did not like the atmosphere. But I am going to go this year. The vast, vast majority go to enjoy themselves and the idiots should not be allowed to ruin it for everyone else.

I went last year as its up the road and it was a spur of moment/last minute guestlist.

It really is as bad as the posts in this thread. Awful cretins/'my first festival' goers letting loose and playing dickhead. The number of girls just pissing in the middle of the place was staggering.

I thought V 2013 (also a freebie) was bad until I went to Parklife. Foals were still class though.

Really surprised to read about rapes at Latitude 2010 and 2011 as when I went last year I couldn't believe how nice it was and how friendly the people were.

Suppose there's twats everywhere really

That is not what happened at all....

Yes there are chavs around, same as any festival, but nothing out of the ordinary. Everything was blown out of proportion by people on facebook. You dont think there is trouble at any other festivals? Do me a favour. Just yesterday i was reading about security guards at Glastonbury having a punch up with each other over beer.

The guy in question was kicking an inflatable around. It kept hitting the same person, who turned round and had words. He then punched him once in the back of the head. It ended up being fatal. You honestly think a guy was knocked down in the middle of a crowd then repeatedly kicked while everyone else looked on? He was knocked down, the guy bolted and many peopled rushed to help the guy on the floor performing CPR on him. It was a freak accident.

That is not what happened at all....

Yes there are chavs around, same as any festival, but nothing out of the ordinary. Everything was blown out of proportion by people on facebook. You dont think there is trouble at any other festivals? Do me a favour. Just yesterday i was reading about security guards at Glastonbury having a punch up with each other over beer.

The guy in question was kicking an inflatable around. It kept hitting the same person, who turned round and had words. He then punched him once in the back of the head. It ended up being fatal. You honestly think a guy was knocked down in the middle of a crowd then repeatedly kicked while everyone else looked on? He was knocked down, the guy bolted and many peopled rushed to help the guy on the floor performing CPR on him. It was a freak accident.

I've been going to festivals since 1991 years and I saw more lairy, aggressive behaviour at Parklife last year than I have at all the festivals I have ever been to in 24 years, including the occasional day at *shudder* V.

People unable to hold their drink, their behaviour, their bladders, their aggression. It was fucking horrible.