zero000

• 2 weeks later...

So the results went the way they were expected, but not after the Italians scared the English for a short while, the Scots putting it up to the Welsh and the French making the collective Irish stress levels sky rocket.....

There really is no gimmes in this tournament anymore. Any of the better teams take their eye of the ball or lose concentration and the perceived weaker teams will pounce

Sets up The Ireland England game very nicely for 2 weeks time. Heaslip may be out for the rest of the tournament unfortunately. Good to see Sean O'Brien and Sexton back and having good games. Sexton has no fear it seems. Took two big hits from Bastareaud.

There really is no gimmes in this tournament anymore. Any of the better teams take their eye of the ball or lose concentration and the perceived weaker teams will pounce

That's what has made the tournament so exciting since the decline of the England world cup winning team in my view. Where as previously England or France won most years, we have had 4 nations competing for the titles over the last 10 years on a fairly consistent basis. Even though Scotland haven't been competing for titles they have been competitive, but always seem to fall just short.

I think the winner of Ireland v England will be the side that can control their emotion and game plan the best. If Ireland get suckered into believing they need to play a more expansive game (in order to score more points than they currently are) they'll play into England's hands and fail miserably. They need to play it tight and keep the ball in the pack.

If England play their usual game and play in Ireland's half they'll win - however, play stick it up your jumper and give away the usual silly penalties (that Wales didn't take advantage of) and Ireland (and Sexton) will punish them.

Really? Scotland have been utter rubbish for years - this's years side is their best in a long time.

I think my memory doesn't match reality when I look at results. Against the top 4 the general pattern most years seems to be to run one close (usually France) and fall short. I have been with my girlfriend for 7 years and Wales have won each time, the abuse I will get when that run ends will be immense!

I think the winner of Ireland v England will be the side that can control their emotion and game plan the best. If Ireland get suckered into believing they need to play a more expansive game (in order to score more points than they currently are) they'll play into England's hands and fail miserably. They need to play it tight and keep the ball in the pack.

If England play their usual game and play in Ireland's half they'll win - however, play stick it up your jumper and give away the usual silly penalties (that Wales didn't take advantage of) and Ireland (and Sexton) will punish them.

Its a difficult one for me. Ireland have always had an element of choking and should have won far more 6 nations at their peak. England however seem to always finish 2nd or 3rd and just fail to get over the line. I'm thinking England's efficiency will get them over the line.

England however seem to always finish 2nd or 3rd and just fail to get over the line.

England have often finished second despite being poor due to a combination of others choking and/or others not being very good either.

Let's be honest most of the time, NZ and SA are streets ahead of the northern hemisphere sides.

England have often finished second despite being poor due to a combination of others choking and/or others not being very good either.

Let's be honest most of the time, NZ and SA are streets ahead of the northern hemisphere sides.

You wonder if the world cup will be plain sailing for them now they have the monkey off their back. For some reason they always end up playing France and making hard work of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Slammy is still on!

Always nice to see England taken down a peg or two. I can't stand that slimy git Woodward.

Can definitely see Ireland taking the slam now. Wales are nowhere near Ireland's level at the moment and our record in Cardiff is pretty poor.

• 2 weeks later...