zero000

So what are thoughts on next yrs 6 nations winners based on this weekends outings? Unfortunately didn't get to watch all games - annoying different channel rights! England was a pretty dull game but a few good moments from them I thought, but lot of work needed. Ireland were entertaining to watch, maybe a bad South Africa team but Ireland seemed quite fluid. Apparently France made a decent effort at a comeback in 2nd half but didn't watch to see how they played overall.

So, you all ignored Scotland last week. Stunning performance from them today. Should have beaten the all blacks. We are surely favourites for the 6 nations now. 

And we are great to watch.

What's not to love?

Edited by LJS
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 12:17 AM, LJS said:

So, you all ignored Scotland last week. Stunning performance from them today. Should have beaten the all blacks. We are surely favourites for the 6 nations now. 

And we are great to watch.

What's not to love?

Aye- was a great performance. We were unlucky not to go in at half time with a lead.  Unfortunately I didn't see the 2nd half but will try to get it on catch up.

so, with the autumn internationals done...

Scotland: 16 tries

England: 13 tries

Ireland: 10 tries

France: 6 tries

Wales: 5 tries

Italy : 1 try

Would be nice to see similar numbers in the 6  nations!

Scotland have the talent there's no doubt. I still have question marks over their belief and strength in depth over the course of a tough 6 nations campaign. 

The England game at Murrayfield will be extremely exciting if by then Scotland have defeated Wales in Cardiff and knocked over the French. 

Am going to Rome to see England's opener - can't wait.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well done Ireland. Not sure many predicted they would win the championship before they played England.

Much as the Scotland result was disappointing, at least we tried & played some glorious rugby.

England were woeful. Needing a bonus point win they kick for goal with their first 3 penalties! 

Sorry, I just don't get it. First one maybe, get some points on the board - settle the nerves. But the next two...sorry, it either shows lack of ambition or massive (& totally misplaced) arrogance.

39 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

England 5/1 to finish runner up in the group. Aren't they really good odds, or am I missing something?

I would say it’s a game England would win more than once in six games - so therefore the bet is good value. 

That being said, it’s not a bet I would be making. 

5 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

England 5/1 to finish runner up in the group. Aren't they really good odds, or am I missing something?

They could finish in any position except 1st or 6th.

what a scummy little shit Eddie Jones is...

At a sponsors' talk in July 2017, the Australian described Wales as a "shit little place" and spoke about how disappointed he was by a recent defeat by the "scummy Irish".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43409476