The "Ryan Adams is awesome and should play Glasto" thread

Justiceforcedave

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Album recommendations folks? My mate talked me into getting a ticket for his UK tour in Feb, but I know nothing bar his most recent album.

Definitely start with Heartbreaker, then I'd move on to Cold Roses - fair bit of filler, but has at least 1.5 albums worth of solid stuff on it

Would love to see him up at The Park. Prob more likely JP I guess though...?

Yes please. The cancellation of the JP headline set in 2005 still hurts (although I think I was probably one of very few people who really, really enjoyed Bright Eyes stepping up to the plate that night).

I'd still like to see him in that slot. Or would he be big enough to do second headliner on the Other? He's really hard to peg in terms of popularity.

Just been announced for the New Orleans Jazz festival, also doing Coachella and the Governors Ball so hitting up the festival circuit which he traditionally hasn't done.

Just released his best album in a long time and playing some stonkingly good live shows! Was gutted when he pulled out in 05. About time for a Glasto appearance me thinks!

Not sure where he'd play though? Either day time Pyramid, three or four down on Other or maybe a Park headliner?

Any other Ryan Adams fans on here?

nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 4 weeks later...

was just watching his Coachella set, really good.

just noticed he's at Rock Werchter on the Saturday, and Down The Rabbit Hole on either Friday or Sunday, so can only be at Glastonbury 1 day it seems. with Calling the weekend after, it's probably not likely :(

but...doing 3 nights in a row on his tour and doing festivals!