Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

As I said earlier in the thread, there aren't many headliners out there. Reading/Leeds, Metallica aside, lack a real "big hitter". People are seriously talking about Taylor Swift as headline material for Glaso. Libertines have never been headline caliber, short-term nostalgia doing them a lot of favours at the moment.

I'd be pretty miffed if it was M&S, Libs, Offspring/Linkin park and would probably call it the worst festival headline trio of the year. I have a small amount of faith that PKP will throw us a curveball, and I know the under card will be great.

Edited by TheNewUnion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S without FF would be a much better addition in my books...

We have a couple of friends who would be very happy if that were the case! Speaking of which, I believe there's a pub crawl around the Dam happening very soon. Where do I sign up????

V festival announcement at 6pm tonight so we'll know two of our headliners then. ;)

We have a couple of friends who would be very happy if that were the case! Speaking of which, I believe there's a pub crawl around the Dam happening very soon. Where do I sign up????

V festival announcement at 6pm tonight so we'll know two of our headliners then. ;)

Really? Do go on....

Edit. I take it you mean that the possibility is that the V headliners would headline PP on the Thursday and Friday, leaving Linkin Park to headline the Saturday.

I can see Blur headlining V, but from what I've heard, Kasabian and Bruno Mars are the favourites for it.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Looks like M&S were never an option, they've got US dates during Pukkelpop.

I do wonder what we get instead. The number of headlineworthy acts playing fests in the weeks before/after Pukkelpop has been reduced to 1, Linkin Park, and that's a band who likes to snub Belgium when they're around.

I can see more and more chances for stuff like Blur, Stromae and Kanye West now.

Looks like M&S were never an option, they've got US dates during Pukkelpop.

I do wonder what we get instead. The number of headlineworthy acts playing fests in the weeks before/after Pukkelpop has been reduced to 1, Linkin Park, and that's a band who likes to snub Belgium when they're around.

I can see more and more chances for stuff like Blur, Stromae and Kanye West now.

Dietediet: are Wu Tang Clan big enough to headline or sub Pukkelpop? I'm pretty sure that we will get one (or maybe 2) hip hop/rap acts in the headliners or subs...

Another options:

• Libertines headlining? (as Stone Roses did 3 years ago). We tend to share one headliner with Reading and this year the only option is The Libertines.
  • Kendrick Lamar subbing? He is already subbing Reading.
  • Limp Bizkit or Offspring subbing Linkin Park? (horrible combo)

Maybe one new big name will appear in Rock'n'heim or Rock en Seine announcements (I remember a couple of years ago Nine Inch Nails announcing some european summer festivals in March...)

In the other hand, there are tons of posible undercard acts that can make an awesome line-up...

Edited by johnybegood

Really? Do go on....

Edit. I take it you mean that the possibility is that the V headliners would headline PP on the Thursday and Friday, leaving Linkin Park to headline the Saturday.

I can see Blur headlining V, but from what I've heard, Kasabian and Bruno Mars are the favourites for it.

Was a tongue in cheek reference to the fact we might end up with some awful chart fodder. Rumours are Calvin Harris and Kasabian so doubt we'll get either of those. Can't see them stooping to the depths of Bruno Mars so hopefully we'll just get the decent stuff from their announcement.

I can't see the Libertines as headline material in Belgium. The crowd for the Roses was small. Think it'd be tiny for the Libertines. I'd hope for better personally.

v announced. Doubt we'll take much off it. Ellie Goulding Will probably turn up.

I'd take the Stereophonics, Kodaline, Duke Dumont & Grandmaster Flash personally.

Bloody awful first announcement that though.

V lineup isn't great, is it.....

Calvin played last year I think, and I doubt Kasabian are sufficiently popular in Belgium. The plot thickens (and Linkin Park/Offspring look more likely I suppose)

Blur

Linkin Park

Bruno Mars

That's all I've got now, no idea in reality.

Edited by TheNewUnion

Wow the V Festerval line up really sucks balls. Blur, macca and Kasabian would be my dream ticket, with Beck, Hot Chips and Ride on the undercard. Throw in Emmylou Harris and the Super Furry Animals and I'm there. Any chance of an announcement this week ?

Basically, what he said. I'd take all of those (Kasabian, less so but you can't have everything)

Dietediet: are Wu Tang Clan big enough to headline or sub Pukkelpop? I'm pretty sure that we will get one (or maybe 2) hip hop/rap acts in the headliners or subs...

Another options:

• Libertines headlining? (as Stone Roses did 3 years ago). We tend to share one headliner with Reading and this year the only option is The Libertines.
  • Kendrick Lamar subbing? He is already subbing Reading.
  • Limp Bizkit or Offspring subbing Linkin Park? (horrible combo)

Wu-Tang Clan are way too small, more like a 4pm main stage act. But then I think they'd rather go play the hiphop day at Lokerse Feesten or headline Dour/Les Ardentes (crowd favourites).

As someone mentioned above: Libertines are not big enough for a headliner spot in Belgium (if you cannot even sell 4000 tickets for your first Belgian gig in over a decade...). But I still think we'll see them, probably early evening spot.

Limp Bizkit will be there, I'm afraid. Luckily their status has gone to afternoon act, so they will be clashing with better stuff for sure.

A name that hasn't been mentioned here: The Black Keys. I know they're already around in June, but they don't play the Benelux in that period and have to make up for cancelling their European arena tour, so Pukkelpop/Lowlands/Rock En Seine could try to draw them in if they're short on headliner options.

Edited by Dietediet

Wu-Tang Clan are way too small, more like a 4pm main stage act. But then I think they'd rather go play the hiphop day at Lokerse Feesten or headline Dour/Les Ardentes (crowd favourites).

As someone mentioned above: Libertines are not big enough for a headliner spot in Belgium (if you cannot even sell 4000 tickets for your first Belgian gig in over a decade...). But I still think we'll see them, probably early evening spot.

Limp Bizkit will be there, I'm afraid. Luckily their status has gone to afternoon act, so they will be clashing with better stuff for sure.

A name that hasn't been mentioned here: The Black Keys. I know they're already around in June, but they have to make up for cancelling their European arena tour, so Pukkelpop/Lowlands/Rock En Seine could try to draw them in if they're short on headliner options.

Tomorrow Rock En Seine is announcing first names, so all major august festivals will have announced the big names of their line-ups (but Pukkelpop and Rock n Heim). Maybe tomorrow we will have the last chance of seeing a new posible headliner (hope Dietediet will be wrong in his Blakc Keys theory)