IGGY POP

Zoo Music Girl

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should paedophiles really be playing the festival????

etc etc etc

I've never heard his name mentioned in that regard. Do you know something I don't? Or are you just guessing that because he was a famous musician at a certain time he must be a paedophile?

Perhaps he will play the JP stage and they will let Rolf out on day release for it.

I've never heard his name mentioned in that regard. Do you know something I don't? Or are you just guessing that because he was a famous musician at a certain time he must be a paedophile?

Perhaps he will play the JP stage and they will let Rolf out on day release for it.

you never heard the song Tiny Girls?? Or heard about his relationships with Lori and Sable?

Okay, I was expecting some backlash based on the car insurance ads but the paedo claims are new on me...

Anyway, seen him twice, once at V a million years ago and once at Get Loaded in London with the Stooges. Still a fucking incredible performer and the first thing that's got me excited this year. Trust Russy to piss on my chips.

If he played where would you put him?

Headlining Other surely? Or am I delusional? Subbing Pyramid? To Foos?

Okay, I was expecting some backlash based on the car insurance ads but the paedo claims are new on me...

Anyway, seen him twice, once at V a million years ago and once at Get Loaded in London with the Stooges. Still a fucking incredible performer and the first thing that's got me excited this year. Trust Russy to piss on my chips.

Headline other vs Taylor Swift

Headline Other. For sure. He's well able for that. I'd be there and I hate that stage

sorry about that :sarcastic:

I would like to think headlining other, but for some reason I think subbing pyramid in the nick cave slot is more likely.

Has the idiot been reissued or something? I'm sure I got an email about it from someone or other the other week,

Would love to see Iggy again.

As for the paedo stuff, you could apply that to a LOT of musicians back int he 70's and before. Try Elvis for a start. As ever though it is applying todays moral code on yesterday. What was deemed acceptable back then, even 'the norm', is no longer acceptable today. Doesn't mean we should go back and retrospectively judge or punish people. Hell where would you stop - Teachers beating kids, cops fabricating evidence, musicians shagging groupies, unbound racism.. The list would be endless.

Would love to see Iggy again.

As for the paedo stuff, you could apply that to a LOT of musicians back int he 70's and before. Try Elvis for a start. As ever though it is applying todays moral code on yesterday. What was deemed acceptable back then, even 'the norm', is no longer acceptable today. Doesn't mean we should go back and retrospectively judge or punish people. Hell where would you stop - Teachers beating kids, cops fabricating evidence, musicians shagging groupies, unbound racism.. The list would be endless.

but we are retrospectively punishing people. that's what operation yewtree is all about!