Can't get Glasto off work!

gmb1992

The "element of naughtiness" you speak of is actually grounds for immediate termination in the vast majority of work places. Dishonesty, fraud and falsification of documentation (including sickness absence forms) are all classed as gross misconduct and you can be fired if you are found out. And while countless sickies are pulled every year, given the extensive BBC coverage, there is a possibility you may end up on TV when you're supposed to be at home in your sick bed.

If you have been signed off with stress there is no obligation for you to lie in your bed 24 hours of the day. You could easily attend the festival saying that it was enhancing the rapidity of your recovery. And if a doctor has signed you off with a sick note there's no way that an employer can claim gross misconduct.

My ex employer tried to get me to work in a different geographical area once. They said that I had no choice in the matter and that their decision was final. So I read all their policies and procedures and discovered that there was no mention of this situation contained within them. So, I went back to them and told them this. I also added that it was therefore an arbitrary decision that they had made and had no legal grounding. Guess what - they agreed that it hadn't and backed down.

I will admit that many many years ago I used to pull sickie's owing to alcoholism (which I have fortunately overcome). My boss took me aside after one of these sickies and said that the powers that be higher above were looking at me and that he was giving me the nod on the side to stop taking days off. My reaction was to take the very next two days off work as being sick. I thought 'fuck them' let's see what they can do. They did nothing.

Basically, I suppose I was a bit of a c**t towards my last employer. Just like they were to me with the overloading me with work thing. Anyway, it's all academic now as I quite literally forced them to make me redundant last April and pay me a shed load of redundancy money. They wanted me to stay but I pulled a technical stroke on them which dismayed them completely. I have recently bought some of the new domain names that became available with their name included. With these I plan to fuck them over all over again.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, a scammer is someone who pretends to be ill for their benefit, a munchasen sufferer has a recognised illness - one that does not benefit them. i would have thought someone who had mental health issues would be the last to suggest faking it, knowing the attitude some people have to these problems.

I just have what I consider a healthy disregard for employers.

If you have been signed off with stress there is no obligation for you to lie in your bed 24 hours of the day. You could easily attend the festival saying that it was enhancing the rapidity of your recovery. And if a doctor has signed you off with a sick note there's no way that an employer can claim gross misconduct.

My ex employer tried to get me to work in a different geographical area once. They said that I had no choice in the matter and that their decision was final. So I read all their policies and procedures and discovered that there was no mention of this situation contained within them. So, I went back to them and told them this. I also added that it was therefore an arbitrary decision that they had made and had no legal grounding. Guess what - they agreed that it hadn't and backed down.

I will admit that many many years ago I used to pull sickie's owing to alcoholism (which I have fortunately overcome). My boss took me aside after one of these sickies and said that the powers that be higher above were looking at me and that he was giving me the nod on the side to stop taking days off. My reaction was to take the very next two days off work as being sick. I thought 'fuck them' let's see what they can do. They did nothing.

Basically, I suppose I was a bit of a c**t towards my last employer. Just like they were to me with the overloading me with work thing. Anyway, it's all academic now as I quite literally forced them to make me redundant last April and pay me a shed load of redundancy money. They wanted me to stay but I pulled a technical stroke on them which dismayed them completely. I have recently bought some of the new domain names that became available with their name included. With these I plan to fuck them over all over again.

Being an employer I can tell you that 99% of the time when you end up making a troublesome employee redundant you regret the amount of redundancy pay you've had to pay them for all of amount 5 minutes before rejoicing in the fact that you are finally rid of them and then swiftly forgetting they ever existed.

Being an employer I can tell you that 99% of the time when you end up making a troublesome employee redundant you regret the amount of redundancy pay you've had to pay them for all of amount 5 minutes before rejoicing in the fact that you are finally rid of them and then swiftly forgetting they ever existed.

My ex employer wanted me to stay not leave. And as the redundancy money wasn't restricted to the statutory amount, and because I'd served there for 25 years, believe me it was substantial. In any case, I got what I wanted, and they didn't. Not only that but the proposed changes that they have made will, in my opinion, end up being a disaster. Before I left I told them that when the train crash happens and heads roll, I'll be willing to go back and sort the mess out as a consultant rather than as an employee. In the mean time I have bought all the domain names surrounding their name. Spookily enough, I wrote an email to the CEO last night under an alias enquiring if they wanted to buy them off me. They may decide to do so or not. If not, then I'll create a website for each, the contents of which, may make them change their mind.

My ex employer wanted me to stay not leave. And as the redundancy money wasn't restricted to the statutory amount, and because I'd served there for 25 years, believe me it was substantial. In any case, I got what I wanted, and they didn't. Not only that but the proposed changes that they have made will, in my opinion, end up being a disaster. Before I left I told them that when the train crash happens and heads roll, I'll be willing to go back and sort the mess out as a consultant rather than as an employee. In the mean time I have bought all the domain names surrounding their name. Spookily enough, I wrote an email to the CEO last night under an alias enquiring if they wanted to buy them off me. They may decide to do so or not. If not, then I'll create a website for each, the contents of which, may make them change their mind.

What an excellent plan. You never know, if you play your cards right, they will sue you for libel/deformation and get all the money back they paid you in redundancy plus more!

As you have no idea of the proposed content your statement above is rather stupid, to say the least.

I have recently bought some of the new domain names that became available with their name included. With these I plan to fuck them over all over again.

Given that your stated intention of buying these domain names is to "fuck them over all over again" I'd imagine that the proposed content will fall nicely within the realms of the Deformation Act 2013.

Given that your stated intention of buying these domain names is to "fuck them over all over again" I'd imagine that the proposed content will fall nicely within the realms of the Deformation Act 2013.

As you have absolutely no idea of the content you have come up with your own imagination! You are publicly clutching at straws in a vain attempt at trying to be right. Rather pathetic.

As you have absolutely no idea of the content you have come up with your own imagination! You are publicly clutching at straws in a vain attempt at trying to be right. Rather pathetic.

I'm not clutching at anything - I have no idea of the content you plan to put on these websites and have never claimed to. Having said that, if you are setting out to deliberately fuck with a company (your words, not mine) then it would be very easy for them to show that your actions are likely to cause them harm which is all they need to take legal action against yourself.

It which case you may be in breach of any compromise/termination/compromise/redundancy agreements you entered into at the point of taking redundancy and you could end up being liable to pay back all the money you received.

Nope, there's nothing in the agreement signed by both parties to that effect. Even if there were, I think they'd be shitting themselves over a completely different aspect of the law.

As an aside, during the restructure process I had to undergo an interview. The head of HR was there taking notes of the whole discussion. She then sent me copies of the notes via email. To say they were incorrectly skewed in favour of the organisation would be an understatement. I hadn't taken any notes during this interview but wrote back to them vehemently stating their inaccuracies and also stating that the slant adopted by them was unjust. How was I able to do this - because I filmed and audio recorded the whole interview with a spy pen. I knew they'd try to fuck me over so that I'd be forced to take the position on offer, and I was proved right. See where I'm coming from - I fucked over the people who were trying to fuck me over. Nothing wrong there in my opinion.

How was I able to do this - because I filmed and audio recorded the whole interview with a spy pen. I knew they'd try to fuck me over so that I'd be forced to take the position on offer, and I was proved right.

Liking that :)

SECRET+SQUIRREL+TAPE+BLACK_4580.jpg

Nope, there's nothing in the agreement signed by both parties to that effect. Even if there were, I think they'd be shitting themselves over a completely different aspect of the law.

As an aside, during the restructure process I had to undergo an interview. The head of HR was there taking notes of the whole discussion. She then sent me copies of the notes via email. To say they were incorrectly skewed in favour of the organisation would be an understatement. I hadn't taken any notes during this interview but wrote back to them vehemently stating their inaccuracies and also stating that the slant adopted by them was unjust. How was I able to do this - because I filmed and audio recorded the whole interview with a spy pen. I knew they'd try to fuck me over so that I'd be forced to take the position on offer, and I was proved right. See where I'm coming from - I fucked over the people who were trying to fuck me over. Nothing wrong there in my opinion.

We really must have a beer next festival, if you're coming!

This is remarkably like my christmas arguments with my dad. It's two utterly different perspectives with one completely blind to the other, while the other painfully aware of the first's angle.

It's why we need unions and representation - ACTUAL ones, not the bloated messes we ended up with before due to too much politicisation - to stop companies trampling the small guy left right and centre. It's utterly disgusting that it should ever get to the point that it becomes necessary to record all meetings with your employer but it's been the case in most of my jobs.

If you lie, if you don't follow up on your word then it's all guns blazing - if they don't then it's probably the end of that meeting. From MEB's perspective anything the business did will have been justified until proven utterly otherwise, and then proving it will be considered 'rocking the boat' and 'jeopardising future advancement/references' - I wish they'd just say "bend over and take it bitch, you're nothing and we can do what we want"

We really must have a beer next festival, if you're coming!

This is remarkably like my christmas arguments with my dad. It's two utterly different perspectives with one completely blind to the other, while the other painfully aware of the first's angle.

It's why we need unions and representation - ACTUAL ones, not the bloated messes we ended up with before due to too much politicisation - to stop companies trampling the small guy left right and centre. It's utterly disgusting that it should ever get to the point that it becomes necessary to record all meetings with your employer but it's been the case in most of my jobs.

If you lie, if you don't follow up on your word then it's all guns blazing - if they don't then it's probably the end of that meeting. From MEB's perspective anything the business did will have been justified until proven utterly otherwise, and then proving it will be considered 'rocking the boat' and 'jeopardising future advancement/references' - I wish they'd just say "bend over and take it bitch, you're nothing and we can do what we want"

I'd love to have a beer with you frosty. Unfortunately we've decided to knock Glastonbury on the head for a while, as me and the wife want to experience some new festivals next year. We are looking to go to The Green man festival as well as Bearded Theory. So, if you are going to either of those we could have that beer, or several to be precise.

We do indeed need unions. MEB will probably go apoplectic with rage on hearing this but Unison got my wife £70K against her employer on a case she brought against them.

I get what you are saying about employers wanting us to bend over and take it like a bitch. The only problem they have there with me is that I wont bend over because I have absolutely no fear of them. As in none whatsoever. At the end of the day they are just people and if you scrutinize the policies and procedures you can, if pushed, ask them to bend over and take it like a bitch. I've done it several times and can confirm that it is most satisfying. When I heard about the re-structure / job losses at my last employer I requested a form for voluntary redundancy from the head of HR. She replied that they would not consider voluntary redundancy until the re-structure process had been gone through. I then emailed her back indicating that as it was in the policies and procedures that this could be asked for at any time, was she ignoring her own policies and procedures or simply unaware of this fact that she should have known (given it was her department that drew them up). I suspect that she must have gone mental with anger, but realised that she simply had to send out the form to me and had to consider it after I had filled it out. To cut a long story short I fucked with quite a few very senior people around that time by pulling the rug from underneath them. They told me that if I didn't apply for one of the roles on offer then it would be deemed that I would be making myself redundant and that no redundancy pay would be paid out. So, instead of applying for my own job (as everybody else was doing with their jobs and as was expected by my employer) I applied for a job that was way way above my pay scale as well as being a job I had virtually no knowledge of. So, I had fulfilled my duty to apply for a job, they couldn't give me that job, so had to make me redundant - which is what I wanted. Result.

Result.

Hah :D that's the way you do it. A company so easily forgets all the 'little things' it asks above and beyond, but so grudgingly honours it's own commitments. I could bitch about mine but haven't got the heart right now with 8 days to go - steadily checking out

Sadly I'm not currently planning either of those next year, the big G and BT will have my money then the rest is under consideration but the time will come!

Hah :D that's the way you do it. A company so easily forgets all the 'little things' it asks above and beyond, but so grudgingly honours it's own commitments. I could bitch about mine but haven't got the heart right now with 8 days to go - steadily checking out

Sadly I'm not currently planning either of those next year, the big G and BT will have my money then the rest is under consideration but the time will come!

I know what you mean - I can't be arsed right now to talk about work anymore.

I look forward to the day when we have that drink together. Hopefully it will be a big drink and we'll end up talking complete shite to each other. I find that getting drunk and talking utter bollocks a great antidote to 'real' life.

Anyway, I've just rolled one up and am about to smoke it, so talking shite might be on it's way sooner rather than later. Although, I'm sure there's a school of thought that would argue that that is what I only ever do.

Regards

Yog :)