• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Think VT have gone down so well in europe that AC/DC snapped them up for the uk and ireland legs as well

Nice! Luckily my time off for Glasto comes right up until that Wednesday so will make a day of it and pay the price on Thursday

200/100 essay

Shit a brick!

What's been 'done' so far, old chap?

On meds?

Cut 'all' salt out of your diet?

Weight loss (apologies, I have no idea if you are stick thin or...otherwise!)?

If those were my numbers today, I'd be at a doctor's getting sorted. Don't want to freak you out at all, but they're pretty...substantial...th, and need addressing toot sweet.

Saying that, I'm a children's emergency doc as you know, so adult hypertension ain't what you would describe as my area of expertise, but please go have a conversation pronto...

Ben

x

Shit a brick!

What's been 'done' so far, old chap?

On meds?

Cut 'all' salt out of your diet?

Weight loss (apologies, I have no idea if you are stick thin or...otherwise!)?

If those were my numbers today, I'd be at a doctor's getting sorted. Don't want to freak you out at all, but they're pretty...substantial...th, and need addressing toot sweet.

Saying that, I'm a children's emergency doc as you know, so adult hypertension ain't what you would describe as my area of expertise, but please go have a conversation pronto...

Ben

x

On anti-biotics for the water infection i have, waiting on blood test results and the doc said she'd put them through as urgent, shes checking for something called nephoratic syndrome.

Im well over weight (24 1/2stone) and still to heavy for the scales so not lost too much if any, not had anything to eat bar half a biscuit for the last 2 days, not been hungry at all

On anti-biotics for the water infection i have, waiting on blood test results and the doc said she'd put them through as urgent, shes checking for something called nephoratic syndrome.

Im well over weight (24 1/2stone) and still to heavy for the scales so not lost too much if any, not had anything to eat bar half a biscuit for the last 2 days, not been hungry at all

Hmmm.

Too many questions arise, th.

Urine infection? In a young man? Really?

Or is it blood showing in your urine dipstick test?

Nephrotic Syndrome is when the kidneys get inflamed and leak protein into the urine. The loss of protein from the blood causes fluid shifts that mean you get very puffy - ankles, grubbly bits etc. Yes, it can be associated with blood pressure issues too.

I'm just slightly surprised that she was 'content' to leave you with a BP that high, notwithstanding not having a specific diagnosis, yet. Most adults with high blood pressure have 'Essential Hypertension' - meaning no specific underlying 'disease', just a mixture of weight, salt intake, stress etc.

When was that last BP reading taken?

Ben

Had a cuff on for a day last year(july ish) essay, was high initially hence the cuff but the readings were acceptable so just told to watch my weight and while ive not put any on since then i havent lost any either

I put the high readings down to me stressing so much at the time (dad and job worries) so i stopped getting worked up of things like that

Had a cuff on for a day last year(july ish) essay, was high initially hence the cuff but the readings were acceptable so just told to watch my weight and while ive not put any on since then i havent lost any either

I put the high readings down to me stressing so much at the time (dad and job worries) so i stopped getting worked up of things like that

OK, bud.

Sorry to ask again, but when was that 200/100 measured? If it was 'recently' (or if not, actually), then you really need it repeating 'now'.

Do you have a follow-up appointment with the GP scheduled?

Ben

OK, bud.

Sorry to ask again, but when was that 200/100 measured? If it was 'recently' (or if not, actually), then you really need it repeating 'now'.

Do you have a follow-up appointment with the GP scheduled?

Ben

Yeah that was the best of 3 readings today

I assume i'll get another docs appointment either friday or monday when the blood results come back but nothing booked in yet

Yeah that was the best of 3 readings today

I assume i'll get another docs appointment either friday or monday when the blood results come back but nothing booked in yet

OK, well just take care, lovely boy, and don't be afraid to push for an appointment if you feel crappy...

:)

Ben

Children's doc, gumbers...CHILDREN'S DOC!!!

"Who is it, love? The GMC? What on Earth could they want...?"

:)

Ben

I could be wrong, Dr Ben, but don't children have areolae?

That's not an excuse, though, even if I'm correct. I blame too much time spent looking for Finbarrs. Now I see them even when they're not actually there!

I could be wrong, Dr Ben, but don't children have areolae?

That's not an excuse, though, even if I'm correct. I blame too much time spent looking for Finbarrs. Now I see them even when they're not actually there!

You're not wrong, gumbala, but making unsolicited references to said structures is, in this curernt climate, foolhardy for a physician!

Ben

You're not wrong, gumbala, but making unsolicited references to said structures is, in this curernt climate, foolhardy for a physician!

Ben

You're absolutely right Ben, but rest assured no one will ever know your name anyway.

Ive just had a thought if im not well i will have to do the festival sober!!!! :(

sobriety is obviously not ideal, but your senses will still be overloaded regardless.  my last two were *relatively* sober and it was fine. 

looking forward to getting right back on it this year though!

sobriety is obviously not ideal, but your senses will still be overloaded regardless. my last two were *relatively* sober and it was fine.

looking forward to getting right back on it this year though!

I know i can do sober gigs but i always prefer the ones where ive had a few to relax me a bit

Lets just hope these anti biotics fix the problems im having any i get the all clear from the blood results

I know i can do sober gigs but i always prefer the ones where ive had a few to relax me a bit

Lets just hope these anti biotics fix the problems im having any i get the all clear from the blood results

oh aye, five days abstinence at Glastonbury will not be easy with it all going on around you all the time.  hope things work out for you.