Football 2014/15

TheGayTent

The anti Utd stuff on here from some always cheers me up in the morning. Its never changed.

and sometimes it's also true. :)

When Fergie was winning leagues it was still the same!

what about when fergie was tapping players and asking them to go to war with their clubs so he could get them on the cheap?

Anyway, Bony to City? First team regular for a place on the bench?

a month of games, then the bench.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord knows why they got rid. But he was terrific for them. It's not as simple as saying that they sold him so he's not very good. If you're honestly suggesting he wasn't terrific last season, you'd be in a very small minority.

i didn't say "he's not very good".

I said he's a reject-class "marquee signing" - as in not actually a marquee signing but with a marquee price.

Skippy doesn't make Di Maria not world class. :rolleyes:

Di Maria not being world class makes Di Maria not world class.

Are you basing this "not world class" on his injury ridden, no English, adapting to a new league hit and miss start for a hit and miss Utd?

Did you ever see him play for Madrid or Argentina?

De Gea was similar on here. "He'll be sold" after 6 months. Gone all quiet on that front.

Edited by The Nal

Are you basing this "not world class" on his injury ridden, no English, adapting to a new league hit and miss start for a hit and miss Utd?

Did you ever see him play for Madrid or Argentina?

I can't say I can remember him playing for Real, but I probably have seen him. That non-memory means non-impact into my mind, due to non-impact on the pitch, I presume.

I've definitely seen him play for Argentina. If I say English players play that well, it gives a true perspective of that.

He might come into better form, who knows. But so far it's not been there.

Meanwhile, Real didn't believe him worth keeping, which is not a statement of nothing.

De Gea was similar on here. "He'll be sold" after 6 months. Gone all quiet on that front.

eh? Who said "he'll be sold"?

People said he was dodgy, because he was. Nothing of a comment on his form at that time is a comment on his form on another day.

Edited by eFestivals

but that was nothing to do with skippy being a 17 year old kid at the time, yeah?

FFS, you're outmoroniung your normal self. :lol: :lol:

You're judging a world class player not being world class based on 10 non-consecutive injury affected games, whilst playing in a new country for a team in transition...and I'm the moron!

Must be fun living in Neil land :D

I can't say I can remember him playing for Real, but I probably have seen him. That non-memory means non-impact into my mind, due to non-impact on the pitch, I presume.

:no2:

He was man of the match in the Champions League final and played nearly every game for Madrid.

Although in fairness he did have an absolute stinker in one of the world cup games didn't he?

Edited by The Nal

so world class at the world cup that Sterling looked the better player?

I'm not claiming that he really is, just to make that clear. I'm pointing out that his 'world class' is coming more from the club he was playing for than what he's able to do for himself.

Sterling did not look the better player at the world cup, he had a decent game against Italy which was overhyped to silly levels.

Di Maria was an important player for Madrid, as was Alonso who has done well at bayern. Madrid don't work like normal clubs, their constant hunger for marquee players means top players are always leaving to make space.

Alexis Sanchez has been the best player in the league in my view and was rejected by Barcelona, to accommodate other individuals. The likes of bergkamp and Henry didn't always set the world on fire before becoming legends over here.

I've definitely seen him play for Argentina. If I say English players play that well, it gives a true perspective of that.

You didn't watch the last champions league final?

You're judging a world class player not being world class based on 10 non-consecutive injury affected games, whilst playing in a new country for a team in transition...and I'm the moron!

Must be fun living in Neil land :D

I'm judging him on the facts of his poor performances for Utd, and Real not wanting him.

World class is the best in the world. Real have found someone in the world who's better. :)

He was man of the match in the Champions League final and played nearly every game for Madrid.

and they still didn't want him. You can't get away from them not wanting him.

Although in fairness he did have an absolute stinker in one of the world cup games didn't he?

I saw at least two of the Argie games, and in neither did he look good. OK, yep (in at least one), but nothing exceptional.

I see The Utd fans and ABUs are at it again.............

Well in response to TGT below and to inject a little comic relief to the thread that fans of Utd, LFC and others can appreciate check this out

Watching the highlights back when I got in last night, my first thought was how poor a pundit Michael Owen is....................

Shit pundit but top ad actor!!! :lol:

Edit............make sure you watch until the very end

Edited by ThomThomDrum

I'm judging him on the facts of his poor performances for Utd, and Real not wanting him.

World class is the best in the world. Real have found someone in the world who's better. :)

Madrid sent their reject makalele to Chelsea, they sometimes get it wrong.

The business model of Madrid (and to some extent) Barcelona involves constant movement in and out of top players. There are no doubt squad players who both assessed as being weaker than Sanchez, fabregss, di Maria, Alonso etc, however these squad players will happily make the numbers sitting on the bench. Moving in james Rodriguez for di Maria doesn't strengthen b their team in the view of most players/ fans but this is the way real Madrid operates.