Prince

Guest A13

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£80 - £90 quid not much for 2 hours entertainment!!!!! Fucking hell.

Though I did once pay almost £100 to see leonard cohen. But all his band are successful solo artists in their own right. And he played for over 3 hours! (is how I justified it to myself anyway...)

To be fair they are decent venues, especially the roundhouse I really love it, the only problem is the time it takes to get out as people seem to take an age with the stairs. (They are normally littered with cups etc. mind which might explain it :P).

Was going to say if they wern't stupid money I'd try and get one...but just had a look on Ticketmaster and " £82.50* - £93.50*

£82.50* (£75.00 Ticket + £7.50 Fees) £93.50* (£85.00 Ticket + £8.50 Fees)".

Nah your alright Prince! Wonder how it will sell at those prices?! I'd imagine most people who cared have seen him now?

90 is a lot, but compared to going to see football at 40+ quid or some indie no-marks at 30+ quid, it's not too bad. I mean, it's sort of unjustifiable, but whatever. The whole lot is fucking madness.

I had no idea it was the norm. Bruce springsteen tickets arent this much are they? Is this what a (for example) paul mccartney arena tour would cost then?

I thought arena ticketds were usually about 60 quid.

I still baulk at £40!

last arena gig I saw was radiohead and it wasnt this much I'm sure, AND they were extra expensive because of anti touting measures.

Edited by russycarps

damn....

but I feel better about my cohen ticket now! Actually I paid £100 to see mccartney at the royal albert hall but I thought that was because it's a posh venue. Seems it's just the norm then.

Was your flaming lips ticket extra expensive? mine was £45 or so, for brixton academy!

i did and he was just mindblowingly good. Have seen him before and been to 400+ gigs but this was definitely up there amongst the best. went to the late show, queued in the pissing rain for an hour to wait for the earlier show to clear, but all worth it. awesome setlist, and his appeal for no photos worked so for a change a gig not viewed through 100s of phones screens (absolute pet hate of mine). Played everything you could wish for in the main gig, then reappeared another 4 times or so and eventually finished at way past the curfew.

He looks like a comical cross between Hendrix and Little Richard these days, but his musical poweress is still there in abundance. His girls are still hot and he absolutely funked out the Roundhouse.... a true musical genius.....still buzzing

Setlist (late show)
Let’s Go Crazy
Take Me With U
Raspberry Beret
Controversy
Little Red Corvette
Kiss
Nothing Compares 2 U
Purple Rain
Electric Intercourse
Cool
When Doves Cry
Sign O The Time
Diamonds & Pearls
I Wanna Be Your Lover
Do Me Baby
Beautiful Ones
Under The Cherry Moon
Guitar
Funk N Roll
Something In The Water
Fix UR Life Up
The Ride (Reworked version: “ButterFace”)
Pretzelbody Instrumental
What’s My Name

But just cos you paid it, doesn't mean you thought "It's not that much these days tbh.." I would pay it for someone like Tom Waits but I'm well aware that many simply couldn't. Despicable stuff from A13